Neat hub 'feature'

BroncOh

Tremor Development
Founding Member
Tremor R&D 🧰
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
Just noticed this after de-icing and driving the Tremor today when I got back home. Evidently the 'FORD' text acts as a vent. When I turned it to the lock position, it stopped venting through the text. I wondered why the 'FORD' text had an aquarium air diffuser texture to it, now I know.

Pretty damn smart whoever came up with this.

😅

Last edited:
interesting. Wonder if that could be a problem with wheel covers? My after market wheels have covers over the hubs on both my F350s.

Just noticed this after de-icing and driving the Tremor today when I got back home. Evidently the 'FORD' text acts as a vent. When I turned it to the lock position, it stopped venting through the text. I wondered why the 'FORD' text had an aquarium air diffuser texture to it, now I know.

Pretty damn smart whoever came up with this.

😅

View attachment 45833
And i was hoping to paint that text black with the rest of the locker. I guess now i know not to.

@Vecman mentioned that his installer would not paint that front hub but didnt exactly explain why. Maybe this was the exact reason.

And i was hoping to paint that text black with the rest of the locker. I guess now i know not to.

@Vecman mentioned that his installer would not paint that front hub but didnt exactly explain why. Maybe this was the exact reason.
I don't think that's the reason, as they would mask off the plastic knob like I did when I painted mine.

That's interesting when it comes to water fording. Obviously not a problem since the Tremor is rated for well over the depth of the hubs, but I would intuitively think that vent letting water in would be a bad thing.

That's interesting when it comes to water fording. Obviously not a problem since the Tremor is rated for well over the depth of the hubs, but I would intuitively think that vent letting water in would be a bad thing.
A diffuser like that shouldn't let water in, but only allow vapor pressures to escape since air/steam molecules are smaller.

Bronco, these look like a generic ford hub, wondering where these vent?
Screenshot_20220205-092406_Chrome.jpg

Back