My truck was almost stolen! (Again)

I went on a business trip last week and my Tremor got broken into through the drivers side door. This thief took the owners manual and the tray inside the console, this were the only items taken. Unbelievable. My Tremor is a XLT so the drivers door handle has the cylinder lock only. The thief pulled the door handle to expose the cylinder lock and with some pliers turned it like it would if I would be turning it with the key. This unlocked the door and he was able to open the door and set off the alarm. The cylinder lock was damaged and left unaligned with the hole on handle. To fix this I removed the inside door panel and the door handle assembly, next I removed lock cylinder from the assembly. By removing the lock I had to disengage the lock bar that unlocks and locks the door when using the key. I converted the door assembly like the other three doors keyless and I put some plastic plugs on the holes to cover them. Now the drivers side door locks and unlocks along with the other three doors. The other option was to replace the cylinder lock but I would risk this happening again, now I need to make sure that my battery is always charged so I can unlock and lock with the control or keypad. I do need a favor from one you guys, since I no longer have the owners manual I don't know if the alarm will sound when the alarm is set and I stay inside the Tremor and open the door from the inside. I don't have a way to open it from the outside since the key lock is no longer there. Let me know if any of you have any questions. I don't have any pictures but I'll take some tomorrow and show them.

I went on a business trip last week and my Tremor got broken into through the drivers side door. This thief took the owners manual and the tray inside the console, this were the only items taken. Unbelievable. My Tremor is a XLT so the drivers door handle has the cylinder lock only. The thief pulled the door handle to expose the cylinder lock and with some pliers turned it like it would if I would be turning it with the key. This unlocked the door and he was able to open the door and set off the alarm. The cylinder lock was damaged and left unaligned with the hole on handle. To fix this I removed the inside door panel and the door handle assembly, next I removed lock cylinder from the assembly. By removing the lock I had to disengage the lock bar that unlocks and locks the door when using the key. I converted the door assembly like the other three doors keyless and I put some plastic plugs on the holes to cover them. Now the drivers side door locks and unlocks along with the other three doors. The other option was to replace the cylinder lock but I would risk this happening again, now I need to make sure that my battery is always charged so I can unlock and lock with the control or keypad. I do need a favor from one you guys, since I no longer have the owners manual I don't know if the alarm will sound when the alarm is set and I stay inside the Tremor and open the door from the inside. I don't have a way to open it from the outside since the key lock is no longer there. Let me know if any of you have any questions. I don't have any pictures but I'll take some tomorrow and show them.
Sorry to hear that JB.

Owners manuals are available online from Ford...

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/owner-manuals.html

Damn that sucks, you can get your entire owners manual and paperwork on the fordpass app. I also want to swap mine to a passenger handle, if the battery ever dies ill either have to break a window or call for a tow truck which usually has one of those door jimmy tools. I'm pretty sure the alarm will sound if you open the door from the inside, on our higher trim trucks at least have the motion sensors inside so those would go off before opening the door. Ford knows this design is bad yet they are continuing to use it for the foreseeable on the super duties which is the most stolen vehicle in the country. The 2021 f150 and bronco have a similar door and door handle design but the lock cylinder is now much more protected compared to our trucks. Too bad the handles aren't interchangeable.

So some of you may remember back in September that my truck was almost stolen. Well, it happened again but this time there is more damage. I woke up to find a message from fordpass saying my hood was opened and the alarm went off at 2:58 AM, the message only came at 5:30 AM because of all the tampering on the truck, this is exactly what happened last time. When I went to the truck I found a whole mess of things wrong, the first thing I noticed was the mirror puddle lights and spot lights were taped off, there was also a ball of tape on the ground. In the bed was a couple of rags with tape all around them which I assume was to cover the bed lights and it fell off. The hood and front doors were left partially open to not make sound but I immediately noticed the doors won't latch. My drivers door lock was still damaged from the last time but for some reason they punched it instead of simply turning the lock. They also broke my passenger window for some reason. On the inside my center console was left open and center tray removed for the hope of a spare key. Now to the real bad stuff, last time this happened they removed all the trim covering the Fuze panel/BCM on the passenger side to try and program a new key on the spot. This time they actually unplugged the whole Body Control Module and tried to perform a swap. They left my BCM laying on the carpet with a whole mess of wires. After the last time I built a shield to prevent them from unplugging the horn again, this time they cut the wires through the grill which also got into the camera wires. Under the hood they disconnected the 3 main harnesses going into the firewall and removed a positive lead off the battery and took the nut that holds it down. After filing a police report (which will do nothing) I proceeded to examine the BCM to make sure it wasn't damaged and that it was actually mine. Luckily it was all good and I managed to plug everything back in and find a nut for the battery, the truck fired right up with no hiccups. I then removed the grill to fix the horn wires, that's when I discovered that the camera wire had been cut too which I can't repair. It's like a wire inside a wire. I fixed the horn and threw everything back together. Hopefully I can get the harness for the horn and camera and it's relatively easy job (I doubt it) It would be much appreciated if any of you guys could find the part number for it. There are 2 reasons they weren't able to drive the truck away. The most likely one is because of my ravelco kill switch which kills fuel and starter. It is ran into the main harness and it basically impossible to defeat. The other possibility is that the BCM is not for a 2020 which I'd assume wouldn't be compatible, even if it was correct they wouldn't have gotten away. All in all I still have the truck and it's going to need a few hundred dollars in immediate repairs for the harness and glass. The door handle is going to be a few hundred bucks including a new lock cylinder then it would need to be painted. These guys seem to have tried every trick in the book on this truck and were completely unsuccessful. Hopefully this means they give up. That doesn't mean I'm not upping my security though. Before you ask, I don't have cameras and it's not in a well lit area.

Here pictures of everything View attachment 13770View attachment 13769View attachment 13768View attachment 13771View attachment 13772View attachment 13773View attachment 13774View attachment 13775View attachment 13776View attachment 13777View attachment 13778
Time to get the rifle pointed out the house window.

Do you have the Ford Pass app? It should warn you when someone sets off your alarm. It has done so for me in the past.

I imagine that most vehicles stolen in Brownsville wind up south of the border very quickly. Los Angeles Times did a lengthy investigation some years ago and found the same to be true particularly with pickups and SUVs stolen in San Diego. They even found a number of stolen rigs sitting outside a Tijuana police station still with their CA plates on! The reporter wasn't stupid enough to go in and confront them.

I imagine that most vehicles stolen in Brownsville wind up south of the border very quickly. Los Angeles Times did a lengthy investigation some years ago and found the same to be true particularly with pickups and SUVs stolen in San Diego. They even found a number of stolen rigs sitting outside a Tijuana police station still with their CA plates on! The reporter wasn't stupid enough to go in and confront them.
You are correct the vehicles that end up across the border are mini vans, trucks and SUV’s they are used to transport humans or bundles of narcotics. This incident happened in one of the big cities in Texas not in Brownsville.

You are correct the vehicles that end up across the border are mini vans, trucks and SUV’s they are used to transport humans or bundles of narcotics. This incident happened in one of the big cities in Texas not in Brownsville.
You'd think they'd have ways of verifying legality of ownership before allowing a vehicle to cross.

#UNDOCUMENTEDVEHICLES

Do you have the Ford Pass app? It should warn you when someone sets off your alarm. It has done so for me in the past.
Yes I do have Ford pass. The alarm was triggered at 5:38 am. Is Ford pass accurate?

Yes I do have Ford pass. The alarm was triggered at 5:38 am. Is Ford pass accurate?
Yes, on both of my break ins the time it says is accurate however they disconnected my batteries which caused the app to not say anything for a couple of hours. For example it says the alarm was triggered at 3:00 but I got the notification at 5:00

I just got these yesterday
Did all 4 doors and the hood latch.
Ordered from Ford the passenger door handle assembly and cover to have paint to match. I should have it all installed next week I hope. I will take pictures of Ford doing the install. They told me that they have been doing alot of the passenger door hand switch over because of theft. I told the about Jimmi Jammer and now they are buying then to install. They have been telling their customers that have had the lock popped to save their money and replace it with the passenger handle.

Ordered from Ford the passenger door handle assembly and cover to have paint to match. I should have it all installed next week I hope. I will take pictures of Ford doing the install. They told me that they have been doing alot of the passenger door hand switch over because of theft. I told the about Jimmi Jammer and now they are buying then to install. They have been telling their customers that have had the lock popped to save their money and replace it with the passenger handle.
Thank you for posting this.

I did a quick test in my drive way.

With the window rolled down and with the truck locked and alarm armed, I reached inside the truck. The motion sensor detected my arm and the alarm went off instantly. The horn started blowing and the lights started flashing. In just a few seconds, an alert from Ford Pass showed up on my iPhone.

I reset everything and did a second test.

This time I carefully reached inside and opened the door from the inside without setting off the motion sensor. The truck started beeping from the dash for several seconds and then finally the horn and lights started flashing. This delayed the alert from Ford Pass and seemed like a full minute went by before I received the alert. Hmmm, I wonder if I can changed that delay with Forscan? I would like an instant alarm instead of the dash beeping first.

Anyway, I'm just glad it worked and Ford Pass sent an alert to my iPhone.

the delay you see when opening the door with the dash beeping happens in case you have to unlock the door with your key if the key fob battery is dead , it gives you a few seconds to get the key in the ignition to turn off the alarm .

Can you post a picture of the hood latch gaurd? The biggest problem I still need to address is the horns, the wires are easily exposed and harness can be easily unplugged. My horn shield didn't work as they just cut my wires along with the camera in the process. I've heard of people relocating the horn but I don't know where.

I did a quick test in my drive way.

With the window rolled down and with the truck locked and alarm armed, I reached inside the truck. The motion sensor detected my arm and the alarm went off instantly. The horn started blowing and the lights started flashing. In just a few seconds, an alert from Ford Pass showed up on my iPhone.

I reset everything and did a second test.

This time I carefully reached inside and opened the door from the inside without setting off the motion sensor. The truck started beeping from the dash for several seconds and then finally the horn and lights started flashing. This delayed the alert from Ford Pass and seemed like a full minute went by before I received the alert. Hmmm, I wonder if I can changed that delay with Forscan? I would like an instant alarm instead of the dash beeping first.

Anyway, I'm just glad it worked and Ford Pass sent an alert to my iPhone.
Is your Tremor an XLT ?

No, my truck has the Lariat Ultimate Package. Did I post in an XLT thread by mistake?
No, my truck has the Lariat Ultimate Package. Did I post in an XLT thread by mistake?
Mine is a XLT and if I arm the alarm while i'm inside and open the door the alarm will not sound and no sensors trigger the alarm. I'm trying to figure out if the alarm on XLT's work that way or if the alarm got damaged during the break in. Thanks for your posts its helping me figure things out

Latest Discussions

Back