My truck was almost stolen! (Again)

You own one of the most stolen trucks in the country, in an area with a very high vehicle theft rate. You might also consider installing a separate aftermarket alarm system with motion detection, in case they decide to just tow your truck. I would add a hidden battery just to power the aftermarket alarm and bury the alarm siren where they have to really work to get at it.

Just an aside, while on vacation in Miami years ago, I walked out of a store to find someone trying to get into my Porsche 911. Called 911 on my cell and then picked up straw from the ground, walked up behind the perp and stuck it in the back of his head, told him if he moved I'd blow an air duct in his skull. He just stood there, leaning through the broken driver side window for the next 5 minutes until a cop showed up. The perp told the cop I was crazy and arrest him to get him away from me. While sitting in the back of the squad car, while the cop took my statement, the guy admitted to virtually every car he broke into or stole. Cop said it was the first time he ever saw anyone threaten to shoot someone with a straw, but said it obviously worked. Got my police report and insurance paid for the damage. Now I just avoid major cities unless I have a rental or a vehicle which looks like it lost 3 rounds at a demolition derby.
Perp Understood English??

Update: I've been working very hard on trying to figure out my wiring issues, I think I've finally got it almost solved. If any of you would be willing to partly remove the fender liner on your truck to check something for me it would be much appreciated, if you do please pm me. A new window is going to be installed tomorrow, I already removed the door panel to prepare. I also noticed that the front camera wire connector fell somewhere when they forced it out while trying to cut the horn. This shit keeps getting worse, I can buy the parts I need as they only come as part of the main harness of the truck. This is going to be a hack job no matter what.
20210113_155203.jpg
20210113_155902.jpg

Update: I found part of my wiring harness on the ground while mowing the lawn. My friend was able to solder the coax wire back together and I now have a fully functional truck again! I got real lucky on this one. Now all I need to do is get my door handle and lock situation resolved and have my bumper repainted at the same time.

Update: I found part of my wiring harness on the ground while mowing the lawn. My friend was able to solder the coax wire back together and I now have a fully functional truck again! I got real lucky on this one. Now all I need to do is get my door handle and lock situation resolved and have my bumper repainted at the same time.

Glad everything is back together man hopefully you never have to deal with that shit again..people suck

I just got a quote a few weeks ago from ravelco. They sent me some very basic information with the quote. I don’t see any local installers in my area so for the ones that already have it installed, did the ravelco tech travel to you or did you take your truck into a local business? Can you post pictures of where the plug is installed.

I just got a quote a few weeks ago from ravelco. They sent me some very basic information with the quote. I don’t see any local installers in my area so for the ones that already have it installed, did the ravelco tech travel to you or did you take your truck into a local business? Can you post pictures of where the plug is installed.
The installer came directly to me. I have it installed in the drivers cubby by you foot on the side of the center console. The installer said that's were he puts most of them.
20201003_184050.jpg

The installer came directly to me. I have it installed in the drivers cubby by you foot on the side of the center console. The installer said that's were he puts most of them. View attachment 19612
That looks like an easy enough spot to get to. It would have been better if it was black to blend in. Thanks

The installer came directly to me. I have it installed in the drivers cubby by you foot on the side of the center console. The installer said that's were he puts most of them. View attachment 19612
I hope these low life losers don't go on the forum to see what you are doing to know where to look to get another jump on trying to steal your rig. So sorry for your ordeal my friend.

Dang that sucks. Maybe you need to make your truck look like it would be easy to steal one night, then when they break into it there you are, with a gun pointed at their head.
Anyways, get some of those chap decoy cameras then some wired cameras that also have a battery so even if they disconnect them they still record.

Is it just me or did these scumbags do more damage just out of spite because they were too stupid to succeed at stealing it?

I gotta believe that when people are that low life, nothing is done out of spite because evil is in their blood......it's the only way they are capable of thinking.

Update: I've been working very hard on trying to figure out my wiring issues, I think I've finally got it almost solved. If any of you would be willing to partly remove the fender liner on your truck to check something for me it would be much appreciated, if you do please pm me. A new window is going to be installed tomorrow, I already removed the door panel to prepare. I also noticed that the front camera wire connector fell somewhere when they forced it out while trying to cut the horn. This shit keeps getting worse, I can buy the parts I need as they only come as part of the main harness of the truck. This is going to be a hack job no matter what.View attachment 14048View attachment 14049
I hate seeing that Velocity Blue Truck in pieces.
?
We have a castle doctrine and if they came for mine they would get 210 grains at 2,800FPS
Hog farm right down the street those things are always hungry.

Update: I've been working very hard on trying to figure out my wiring issues, I think I've finally got it almost solved. If any of you would be willing to partly remove the fender liner on your truck to check something for me it would be much appreciated, if you do please pm me. A new window is going to be installed tomorrow, I already removed the door panel to prepare. I also noticed that the front camera wire connector fell somewhere when they forced it out while trying to cut the horn. This shit keeps getting worse, I can buy the parts I need as they only come as part of the main harness of the truck. This is going to be a hack job no matter what.View attachment 14048View attachment 14049
Catch them roll then in honey and stake them to a large fire ant hill for 2 days, then rub them down with salt and vinegar.

I hope these low life losers don't go on the forum to see what you are doing to know where to look to get another jump on trying to steal your rig. So sorry for your ordeal my friend.
It's almost impossible to defeat and they are pretty stupid so I have no problem posting it. I got cameras installed and more lightning. I can't wait to move somewhere better and keep my trucks in a nice ass garage.

It's almost impossible to defeat and they are pretty stupid so I have no problem posting it. I got cameras installed and more lightning. I can't wait to move somewhere better and keep my trucks in a nice ass garage.
What state do you think that might be?

Back