My truck was almost stolen! (Again)

So some of you may remember back in September that my truck was almost stolen. Well, it happened again but this time there is more damage. I woke up to find a message from fordpass saying my hood was opened and the alarm went off at 2:58 AM, the message only came at 5:30 AM because of all the tampering on the truck, this is exactly what happened last time. When I went to the truck I found a whole mess of things wrong, the first thing I noticed was the mirror puddle lights and spot lights were taped off, there was also a ball of tape on the ground. In the bed was a couple of rags with tape all around them which I assume was to cover the bed lights and it fell off. The hood and front doors were left partially open to not make sound but I immediately noticed the doors won't latch. My drivers door lock was still damaged from the last time but for some reason they punched it instead of simply turning the lock. They also broke my passenger window for some reason. On the inside my center console was left open and center tray removed for the hope of a spare key. Now to the real bad stuff, last time this happened they removed all the trim covering the Fuze panel/BCM on the passenger side to try and program a new key on the spot. This time they actually unplugged the whole Body Control Module and tried to perform a swap. They left my BCM laying on the carpet with a whole mess of wires. After the last time I built a shield to prevent them from unplugging the horn again, this time they cut the wires through the grill which also got into the camera wires. Under the hood they disconnected the 3 main harnesses going into the firewall and removed a positive lead off the battery and took the nut that holds it down. After filing a police report (which will do nothing) I proceeded to examine the BCM to make sure it wasn't damaged and that it was actually mine. Luckily it was all good and I managed to plug everything back in and find a nut for the battery, the truck fired right up with no hiccups. I then removed the grill to fix the horn wires, that's when I discovered that the camera wire had been cut too which I can't repair. It's like a wire inside a wire. I fixed the horn and threw everything back together. Hopefully I can get the harness for the horn and camera and it's relatively easy job (I doubt it) It would be much appreciated if any of you guys could find the part number for it. There are 2 reasons they weren't able to drive the truck away. The most likely one is because of my ravelco kill switch which kills fuel and starter. It is ran into the main harness and it basically impossible to defeat. The other possibility is that the BCM is not for a 2020 which I'd assume wouldn't be compatible, even if it was correct they wouldn't have gotten away. All in all I still have the truck and it's going to need a few hundred dollars in immediate repairs for the harness and glass. The door handle is going to be a few hundred bucks including a new lock cylinder then it would need to be painted. These guys seem to have tried every trick in the book on this truck and were completely unsuccessful. Hopefully this means they give up. That doesn't mean I'm not upping my security though. Before you ask, I don't have cameras and it's not in a well lit area.

Here pictures of everything View attachment 13770View attachment 13769View attachment 13768View attachment 13771View attachment 13772View attachment 13773View attachment 13774View attachment 13775View attachment 13776View attachment 13777View attachment 13778
With ALL due respect. You do live in Miami/Dade County... Enough said... Best of luck!

So some of you may remember back in September that my truck was almost stolen. Well, it happened again but this time there is more damage. I woke up to find a message from fordpass saying my hood was opened and the alarm went off at 2:58 AM, the message only came at 5:30 AM because of all the tampering on the truck, this is exactly what happened last time. When I went to the truck I found a whole mess of things wrong, the first thing I noticed was the mirror puddle lights and spot lights were taped off, there was also a ball of tape on the ground. In the bed was a couple of rags with tape all around them which I assume was to cover the bed lights and it fell off. The hood and front doors were left partially open to not make sound but I immediately noticed the doors won't latch. My drivers door lock was still damaged from the last time but for some reason they punched it instead of simply turning the lock. They also broke my passenger window for some reason. On the inside my center console was left open and center tray removed for the hope of a spare key. Now to the real bad stuff, last time this happened they removed all the trim covering the Fuze panel/BCM on the passenger side to try and program a new key on the spot. This time they actually unplugged the whole Body Control Module and tried to perform a swap. They left my BCM laying on the carpet with a whole mess of wires. After the last time I built a shield to prevent them from unplugging the horn again, this time they cut the wires through the grill which also got into the camera wires. Under the hood they disconnected the 3 main harnesses going into the firewall and removed a positive lead off the battery and took the nut that holds it down. After filing a police report (which will do nothing) I proceeded to examine the BCM to make sure it wasn't damaged and that it was actually mine. Luckily it was all good and I managed to plug everything back in and find a nut for the battery, the truck fired right up with no hiccups. I then removed the grill to fix the horn wires, that's when I discovered that the camera wire had been cut too which I can't repair. It's like a wire inside a wire. I fixed the horn and threw everything back together. Hopefully I can get the harness for the horn and camera and it's relatively easy job (I doubt it) It would be much appreciated if any of you guys could find the part number for it. There are 2 reasons they weren't able to drive the truck away. The most likely one is because of my ravelco kill switch which kills fuel and starter. It is ran into the main harness and it basically impossible to defeat. The other possibility is that the BCM is not for a 2020 which I'd assume wouldn't be compatible, even if it was correct they wouldn't have gotten away. All in all I still have the truck and it's going to need a few hundred dollars in immediate repairs for the harness and glass. The door handle is going to be a few hundred bucks including a new lock cylinder then it would need to be painted. These guys seem to have tried every trick in the book on this truck and were completely unsuccessful. Hopefully this means they give up. That doesn't mean I'm not upping my security though. Before you ask, I don't have cameras and it's not in a well lit area.

Here pictures of everything View attachment 13770View attachment 13769View attachment 13768View attachment 13771View attachment 13772View attachment 13773View attachment 13774View attachment 13775View attachment 13776View attachment 13777View attachment 13778
Fuckers. When I become Emperor I'm going to make it legal for folks to put machine gun nests on their garage roofs. In the meantime I just installed a couple of these: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08GFKC4WR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_.1N.FbVCRYX7J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
They're hard wired for power, networked with wifi or cat5 cable. There was a guy that used to check every car on my street for unlocked doors regularly. The camera's app woke me up and gave me the satisfaction of yelling ""Hey fuck face, if you make me get out of bed I will end you!" Through the built in speakers. Haven't seen him since.

I forgot to mention this happened yesterday
This is terrible. I can't stand this shit. Honestly, after doing so much time in prison, I have a tremendous respect for peoples' property and hate seeing things like this. Luckily I live in an area with very little crime. Man this sucks, I'm sorry.

Watch the video really scary. I am looking into this due to that I travel a lot in large cities.
Thieves are lowly cretins!

I like the idea - pin coded connector... simple yet highly effective - if wiring is done right.

I am working on cretin size glue traps. Works great for mice at the cabin. There would be some satisfaction finding the cretin (or crew ) stuck to giant glue boards then have to decide... call the cops, play tee-ball, or just “not officially discover them” until after the pants pooping, dehydration, and hopelessness teach them overgrown rats manners?!?

I wonder if they had a replacement pcm also and thats why they unplugged it under the hood? They could've preprogrammed both a pcm and bcm and attempted the swap. Bottom line those guys although unsuccessful have some knowledge of how to steal ford trucks. I'm glad you still have the truck and sorry people suck so bad. Good luck man

You own one of the most stolen trucks in the country, in an area with a very high vehicle theft rate. You might also consider installing a separate aftermarket alarm system with motion detection, in case they decide to just tow your truck. I would add a hidden battery just to power the aftermarket alarm and bury the alarm siren where they have to really work to get at it.

Just an aside, while on vacation in Miami years ago, I walked out of a store to find someone trying to get into my Porsche 911. Called 911 on my cell and then picked up straw from the ground, walked up behind the perp and stuck it in the back of his head, told him if he moved I'd blow an air duct in his skull. He just stood there, leaning through the broken driver side window for the next 5 minutes until a cop showed up. The perp told the cop I was crazy and arrest him to get him away from me. While sitting in the back of the squad car, while the cop took my statement, the guy admitted to virtually every car he broke into or stole. Cop said it was the first time he ever saw anyone threaten to shoot someone with a straw, but said it obviously worked. Got my police report and insurance paid for the damage. Now I just avoid major cities unless I have a rental or a vehicle which looks like it lost 3 rounds at a demolition derby.

I do actually have a backhoe and I'm ready to use it??
These are the signs I have at the bottom of my driveway. Even the Fedex and UPS guys were cautious about coming up at first.

Attachments

• PROTECTED PLACE_01- low res (002).jpg
    PROTECTED PLACE_01- low res (002).jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 49
Sorry this happened to you. They probably gave up and decided to come back after doing more research. They will be back. So my advice would only work for new thieves: Get a cover and hide it. You can get some photos of a rusted out '89 Chevy pickup and have CoverKing print it on the cover. Nobody will touch it. For old thieves, you need a motion detection light and some cameras, along with some kind of trip alarm that won't go off due to weather or raccoons. Maybe you could lift the roof on the garage if you own the place.

Provided your neighbors can deal with it, a nice gun turret would be great. I also suggest, if you can get one of the little fuckers, leave em lay as a message to other fuckers. Unfortunately, they’ll start to stink up the neighborhood but good news, you have a back hoe lol

Dang Bro, not sure I could handle this like you have. I really feel bad for you. Having your personal property vandalized just really sucks. ? I hope the dirtbags get caught and believe me they will at some point.
I hope you can come up with a solution to protect what you have worked hard for. Hang tuff Brother! Justice will prevail in the end. ??????

We might need a Tremor Brothers Round up for a little show of force at your place.....? ????

View attachment 13900

Lucille would put a quick end to that shit.

Have those fucks looking like Glenn LOL

You own one of the most stolen trucks in the country, in an area with a very high vehicle theft rate. You might also consider installing a separate aftermarket alarm system with motion detection, in case they decide to just tow your truck. I would add a hidden battery just to power the aftermarket alarm and bury the alarm siren where they have to really work to get at it.

Just an aside, while on vacation in Miami years ago, I walked out of a store to find someone trying to get into my Porsche 911. Called 911 on my cell and then picked up straw from the ground, walked up behind the perp and stuck it in the back of his head, told him if he moved I'd blow an air duct in his skull. He just stood there, leaning through the broken driver side window for the next 5 minutes until a cop showed up. The perp told the cop I was crazy and arrest him to get him away from me. While sitting in the back of the squad car, while the cop took my statement, the guy admitted to virtually every car he broke into or stole. Cop said it was the first time he ever saw anyone threaten to shoot someone with a straw, but said it obviously worked. Got my police report and insurance paid for the damage. Now I just avoid major cities unless I have a rental or a vehicle which looks like it lost 3 rounds at a demolition derby.
Good shit ☝?

Back