My truck was almost stolen! (Again)

So some of you may remember back in September that my truck was almost stolen. Well, it happened again but this time there is more damage. I woke up to find a message from fordpass saying my hood was opened and the alarm went off at 2:58 AM, the message only came at 5:30 AM because of all the tampering on the truck, this is exactly what happened last time. When I went to the truck I found a whole mess of things wrong, the first thing I noticed was the mirror puddle lights and spot lights were taped off, there was also a ball of tape on the ground. In the bed was a couple of rags with tape all around them which I assume was to cover the bed lights and it fell off. The hood and front doors were left partially open to not make sound but I immediately noticed the doors won't latch. My drivers door lock was still damaged from the last time but for some reason they punched it instead of simply turning the lock. They also broke my passenger window for some reason. On the inside my center console was left open and center tray removed for the hope of a spare key. Now to the real bad stuff, last time this happened they removed all the trim covering the Fuze panel/BCM on the passenger side to try and program a new key on the spot. This time they actually unplugged the whole Body Control Module and tried to perform a swap. They left my BCM laying on the carpet with a whole mess of wires. After the last time I built a shield to prevent them from unplugging the horn again, this time they cut the wires through the grill which also got into the camera wires. Under the hood they disconnected the 3 main harnesses going into the firewall and removed a positive lead off the battery and took the nut that holds it down. After filing a police report (which will do nothing) I proceeded to examine the BCM to make sure it wasn't damaged and that it was actually mine. Luckily it was all good and I managed to plug everything back in and find a nut for the battery, the truck fired right up with no hiccups. I then removed the grill to fix the horn wires, that's when I discovered that the camera wire had been cut too which I can't repair. It's like a wire inside a wire. I fixed the horn and threw everything back together. Hopefully I can get the harness for the horn and camera and it's relatively easy job (I doubt it) It would be much appreciated if any of you guys could find the part number for it. There are 2 reasons they weren't able to drive the truck away. The most likely one is because of my ravelco kill switch which kills fuel and starter. It is ran into the main harness and it basically impossible to defeat. The other possibility is that the BCM is not for a 2020 which I'd assume wouldn't be compatible, even if it was correct they wouldn't have gotten away. All in all I still have the truck and it's going to need a few hundred dollars in immediate repairs for the harness and glass. The door handle is going to be a few hundred bucks including a new lock cylinder then it would need to be painted. These guys seem to have tried every trick in the book on this truck and were completely unsuccessful. Hopefully this means they give up. That doesn't mean I'm not upping my security though. Before you ask, I don't have cameras and it's not in a well lit area.

Here pictures of everything View attachment 13770View attachment 13769View attachment 13768View attachment 13771View attachment 13772View attachment 13773View attachment 13774View attachment 13775View attachment 13776View attachment 13777View attachment 13778
So sorry brother. That’s freaking insane. My prayers to you my friend. Like everyone is saying get a video security system. I had someone go in my back yard in the middle of the night 3 times, until I got LED flood lights. A really bright motion light also. And a 12 camera security system that my family and friends can view a cross the country. I still get calls from my family and friends saying there’s a car parked a cross the street from you go check it out. The flood lights are bright as hell and I leave them on as soon as it gets dark until I wake up. It’s annoying to have your house lit up and being the brightest house in 10 miles but shit never got messed with again. If you get a camera system get the hard wired ones. Plays in 4K and you have a months playback. Costs about 500-1000$. Don’t go cheap. Get the best money can by. Well worth the investment.
Dude again so sorry. You snd your family are included in my prayers. ??????????

Do you think its the same crew from last time?

I don't know what to tell you, but so far you are one step ahead of them. Let's hope you can become 2 steps ahead of them, I am pretty sure there will be a next time and hope 3 times is not the charm.
It's gotta be the same guys

Sorry to hear this again
Man, you have such a nice rig too
These douch bags are just asking to get shot
Light em up if you catch them:mad:?
Wish I could, that's illegal in Florida

Oh man, I'm sorry you are having to deal with this again. What a way to start the week...

So sad people can be that destructive and no respect for others. ?

I have the Amazon Blink security cameras setup around my place. They are wireless, easy to setup, and the image quality is pretty good.

I wonder if there is any downside to wireless, these guys seem decently high tech.

So sorry brother. That’s freaking insane. My prayers to you my friend. Like everyone is saying get a video security system. I had someone go in my back yard in the middle of the night 3 times, until I got LED flood lights. A really bright motion light also. And a 12 camera security system that my family and friends can view a cross the country. I still get calls from my family and friends saying there’s a car parked a cross the street from you go check it out. The flood lights are bright as hell and I leave them on as soon as it gets dark until I wake up. It’s annoying to have your house lit up and being the brightest house in 10 miles but shit never got messed with again. If you get a camera system get the hard wired ones. Plays in 4K and you have a months playback. Costs about 500-1000$. Don’t go cheap. Get the best money can by. Well worth the investment.
Thank you man?

Twice ? This is getting ridiculous isn't it.
Definitely time for security cameras and AR.

My sister recently had potted plants stolen off her carport so I went out and mounted cameras all the way around her house and handed her a revolver.

Hope these thieves get caught.
I would not mess with an armed mad woman and her flowers......

I am having my key lock removed with a kit that has a steel plate that goes in the door so they can not punch the lock out. They put the handle from the passenger door on there to cover the hole. Down side to this if batteries go dead your fob or key pad will not open the damn truck. I had my truck go into deep sleep did not start it for over a month and a half so the batteries went dead. I hear it's from all the electronics Ford puts in for Ford pass. The only way I got in this time is with a key to open the hood and jump start it. I guess I could install some terminals somewhere under the truck to jump start it if this happens again or just get power to open the door.

I have on my ranch a Lazer that shoots 1500 feet and when something crosses it a door bell rings in my house so you might add that it is solar powered and easy to hide. On my place the damn deer cross so it's always going off at night but hell you never know one day it will not be the deer and a fence never stopped anyone. My gate auto opens when you get 15 feet from it so yes if the get past me and the Lazer I'm screwed. I bought it off Amazon. I think around 60.00. Well worth it. You can add up to 4 sensors to it I added one by the barn were my mom lives in the managers apartment so I know when she is coming over to my house. Lol ???

Last edited:
I wonder if there is any downside to wireless, these guys seem decently high tech.
There's a downside to every technology. Nothing is unbreakable with the right tools and only diversifying the setup will protect you. usually these guys don't carry the means to break through multiple layers of security (i.e. wireless, RFID, ...)

There's a downside to every technology. Nothing is unbreakable with the right tools and only diversifying the setup will protect you. usually these guys don't carry the means to break through multiple layers of security (i.e. wireless, RFID, ...)
My military friends said a very well lit area I’d harder to invade. Having them walk around my home the strategically set up all 12 cameras. My Uncle with the FBI gifted me the Night Owl. He gave us a hard wired one so you don’t need to charge batteries and can’t be intercepted. I had private eyes doing all kinds of illegal Bull Shit that made me lose my mind and suffer worse from my PTSD. So I had him watching from DC and Virginia. Family in SC Florida and NY. We had it set up with alerts if something gets in the view. So only certain cameras we had with alerts. The system is incredible. I see down the block on both sides of my home. It’s 5 years old and the new systems they have out there are so much more advanced. I’d recommend a video security system to everyone. IMHO. ???????

I think one of the problems I'm going to face is that these fuckers probably scope out my place. I left my yeti cooler in the back of the truck one randomn night and it was opened in the morning, nothing was stolen but they tried to take it. All of my security choices have to be bulletproofed because they will find a way to defeat it.

I would avoid anything wireless for security. It is trivial to perform deauthentication attacks that will block the camera/device from sending through the router or you can pick up something simple like a hack rf (or make your own) and scan/block frequencies. It also makes it so there are always devices on a network when sniffing for attacks, and as most people don't ever update firmware they normally have one or more vulnerabilities making it easier to access your network or hack the cameras. Either way they are easy to defeat but will work just fine against the non-professionals. Sorry to hear about your truck being attacked again, I hope they get caught. The same hack rf tool, could also be used to pass key fob signal from inside your house to the truck, apparently they aren't using that kind of tech yet or they weren't able to get a signal from your key fob.
Also if they really wanted to defeat any camera all it takes is a laser and some paint. If you choose to use cameras, use mulitple cameras with overlapping coverage. I like the bear trap idea, but I would probably wire up an old hotwire fence that doesn't pulse and wait for them to grab onto the truck.

Last edited:
You'd be surprised how effective game cameras and a bunch of trotlines can be...a local sex offender was caught by a proactive father using what he had available to protect his juvenile daughter.

Additionally, think long and hard about your acquaintances. If your Tremor is in plain view of a high traffic road in a highly populated city with a profitable stolen vehicle market, maybe the two incidents are unrelated and that level of technical proficiency of car thieves is more common, but maybe the same assholes. Otherwise, consider doing some counter surveillance within your area/neighborhood, especially if your insurance company provides you a rental while you're Tremor's window, etc is replaced. Oftentimes, people who know you well enough to be familiar with your property, but not well enough to care end up being the thieves or they provide intel to others. Do you order delivery food often? Do you have your dry cleaning delivered? Mobile detailer that comes to you? Maid service? Things to consider. Thieves might be able to swap BCM's, but they can't defeat the culmination of eons of human conditioned behavior. If anything stands out in your memory or anyone seems "off", look into it. The nonverbal communication of the people you encounter still registers in your subconscious even if you don't study criminal human behavior everyday.

Last edited:
You'd be surprised how effective game cameras and a bunch of trotlines can be...a local sex offender was caught by a proactive father using what he had available to protect his juvenile daughter.

Additionally, think long and hard about your acquaintances. If your Tremor is in plain view of a high traffic road in a highly populated city with a profitable stolen vehicle market, maybe the two incidents are unrelated and that level of technical proficiency of car thieves is more common, but maybe the same assholes. Otherwise, consider doing some counter surveillance within your area/neighborhood, especially if your insurance company provides you a rental while you're Tremor's window, etc is replaced. Oftentimes, people who know you well enough to be familiar with your property, but not well enough to care end up being the thieves or they provide intel to others. Do you order delivery food often? Do you have your dry cleaning delivered? Mobile detailer that comes to you? Maid service? Things to consider. Thieves might be able to swap BCM's, but they can't defeat the culmination of eons of human conditioned behavior. If anything stands out in your memory or anyone seems "off", look into it. The nonverbal communication of the people you encounter still registers in your subconscious even if you don't study criminal human behavior everyday.

That there is an enlightening post. ?

Here is the wiring diagram for the cameras. Sorry to here of this issue.

245AEBF6-0E08-425E-B157-F3359D4E991D.jpeg

Up here in Maine it’s too dark at night to steal anything. At least it slows the thieves down having a flashlight in one hand.

Back