My truck was almost stolen! (Again)

MTTremor

Tremor Junkie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 King Ranch Tremor
Can you post a picture of the hood latch gaurd? The biggest problem I still need to address is the horns, the wires are easily exposed and harness can be easily unplugged. My horn shield didn't work as they just cut my wires along with the camera in the process. I've heard of people relocating the horn but I don't know where.

When I get mine installed I'll also post a picture of it.

Greg T

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 f350 Tremor 2016 Hellcat Challenger
I'm hoping to move in the next couple of years. I have a 4 car garage but I can't fit the truck in it because one bay has a 2 post lift that cuts in in half, the other side has a boat and all my junk in it. It's also just a hassle to just drive the truck that way.

MTTremor

Tremor Junkie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 King Ranch Tremor
Here is the Hood Latch Gaurd I had installed today.

Attachments

• 20210414_130426.jpg
    20210414_130426.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 46
OP
RaptorTremor

RaptorTremor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat Sport Tremor 6.7 Velocity Blue
Current Ride #2
2014 Raptor SVT Blue Flame
Here is the Hood Latch Gaurd I had installed today.
Good idea but I'm not sure how useful it is considering the horns are so susceptible to being cut which just leads to opening the doors with no one noticing.

Jericho

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Veteran
Current Ride
2021 Lariat Tremor 7.3L
So far, and in no particular order I have identified the following vulnerabilities and remediations.

1. Horn wire expose through grill -weld square hollow steel tubing to prevent cutting.
2. Windows easily broken - install 3m Scotchshield security film.
3. Door lifting to insert jimmy stick - investigate adding small lip to primary vectors on three of four doors
4. Driver side lock tumbler exposed - swap out with passenger side handle lacking manual lock.
5. Keyfob signal repeating - nothing yet, known Raptor vulnerability - move fuse location.
6. Kill Switch - install ravelco.

I haven't looked at the hook lock or handle plate yet.

Pig9r

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
So far, and in no particular order I have identified the following vulnerabilities and remediations.

1. Horn wire expose through grill -weld square hollow steel tubing to prevent cutting.
2. Windows easily broken - install 3m Scotchshield security film.
3. Door lifting to insert jimmy stick - investigate adding small lip to primary vectors on three of four doors
4. Driver side lock tumbler exposed - swap out with passenger side handle lacking manual lock.
5. Keyfob signal repeating - nothing yet, known Raptor vulnerability - move fuse location.
6. Kill Switch - install ravelco.

I haven't looked at the hook lock or handle plate yet.
What are vectors? How do I know if my truck has them?

Latest Discussions

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge