Cropgun

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'22 Tremor Powerstroke
Current Ride #2
'23 Tremor Powerstroke HO
JPEG_20201214_185907_8387664350376554961.jpg

2020 they’re about the same price as three tremors now ?
I actually found this curious so I did some research and I don’t see any helicopters like this for sale at the suggested price level. They are all in the multi-million range. And one source stated owning a helicopter (without the purchase price) is about 1.7M a year.
So I need to make at least like 15-20M a year to make this worth while, but even then it would seem like an unnecessarily high expense.

I actually found this curious so I did some research and I don’t see any helicopters like this for sale at the suggested price level. They are all in the multi-million range. And one source stated owning a helicopter (without the purchase price) is about 1.7M a year.
So I need to make at least like 15-20M a year to make this worth while, but even then it would seem like an unnecessarily high expense.
This particular one is about 7mil

For clarity, this is one of my jobs. I don't own this one.
Seriously i wonder what hell of a business crop dusting must be if it's worth maintaining a 7mil helicopter at probably over 2mil a year, not including purchase. I should start a crop dusting business.

Seriously i wonder what hell of a business crop dusting must be if it's worth maintaining a 7mil helicopter at probably over 2mil a year, not including purchase. I should start a crop dusting business.

I crop dust my co-workers regularly and do not make anything.....

This helicopter isn't mine and is owned by a different company I work for flying for a hospital. It doesn't cost 2 mil a year to operate. Less than 1 mil and this helicopter is considered expensive to operate.

I do have a cropdusting company though. We own 4 helicopters for that.

I was about to ask about the colors of life flight helos. But looking at your avatar I think I've figured out why they colors seemed off to me.

We use a helicopter applicator for our crops... What that dude does with a helicopter is a ballet. Landing on top of his truck to reload, it's nothing short of impressive.

There are helicopters in the 300K range, you wont be getting a Bell 429 though(you wont find many private individuals who own a 429 or any medium duty helicopter for that matter). Youll be looking at Small helicopters like the R22. You may find an R44 or older Bell 206 in that range, but with any older helicopter you have to factor the component times in. A 200k Bell 206 that is fully timed out is going to be way more expensive then a 400k one that has time left on major components. Its not a cheap hobby by any stretch, but can be achieved without millions in the bank. The bigger the Heli, the bigger the bills.

My buddy owns a 206 that he flies purely recreationally. He leases it out during fire season and pays for the majority of its maintenance(the most expensive part of helicopter ownership) from these lease contracts. Ill have to get it in a photoshoot with the tremor soon :cool:

Last edited:
Never heard of a helicopter for crops. Pretty wild! We see the tractor planes often and those guys are total bad asses of the sky.

Back