My Journey into the unknown

What is it like getting started in the rain with all that torque? I know I frequently spin a right rear tire in the wet even with just the 7.3

My thoughts after 10K miles.

The truck still sounds solid, no rattles, no pops, rides smooth and still averaging about 18.5 MPG.
These max recline seats are very comfortable for taking short naps along the way.
All the adjustment in the seats sure make traveling easier
Ecomode is great just not sure why it is not the default setting
Feels very smooth on airstrip at 100 MPH, can't get over how quickly the throttle response is on this 6.7
Pro Power is awesome saves all kinds of time onsite in power plants
Moon Roof sure makes the truck feel more open
Pro Trailer assist is awesome as is the ability to increase the blind spot to cover the trailer

Dislikes
Sync 4 has way to many glitches to list but a few, it like doesnt pair with phone each time
Static when switching from voice directions back to Sat Radio or regular over air
Screen locks up periodically.
Doesn't follow directions for avoidances in the navigation
The truck doesn't remember the mode you were in when you got out to put fuel in it, even if you saved the information to your settings
Not enough setting in the stereo system, sounds ok, just not a real equalizer in it to tune it.

Planned upgrades
Lit cup holders @JHForman812
Power Running Boards
Bigger tires
Color matched fender flares

Overall I really like the truck and can over look the items above until I can resolve them! Keep on trucking!
What about opinion on the heads up display?

What about opinion on the heads up display?

Took a bit to get set up the way I liked it, but certainly like the information right in front of you if you want it. I tend to not even notice it is there until I want the information. Having the "next" turn up there is a great feature too .

Knowing you are keeping it between the line is great as well.

It is crystal clear.

Feels very smooth on airstrip at 100 MPH
Good overall review, thanks.

What about this though, is there no longer a limiter (or is it called a governer?) capped at 95mph like there was on previous gen trucks?

What is it like getting started in the rain with all that torque? I know I frequently spin a right rear tire in the wet even with just the 7.3
Turn off the trucks ability to control it and it will spin them quickly! It will still spin even with the traction control on in the rain.

Good overall review, thanks.

What about this though, is there no longer a limiter (or is it called a governer?) capped at 95mph like there was on previous gen trucks?
I'll have to get into Forscan and see. Both the speedo and GPS was showing 100. I do have police mode on if that makes a difference

IMG_8238.jpeg

At 16,700 miles, no regrets!

Time for the 20k maintenance. Oil check! Air Filter check! Cabin Filter check!

IMG_8311.jpeg

IMG_8312.jpeg

Seems Ford put a few wires in the way of the cabin filter and neglected to say so in their manual. Nothing a 1/4” drove and deep well 8 mm socket doesn’t solve.

Attachments

• IMG_8312.jpeg
    IMG_8312.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 13
IMG_8786.jpeg
IMG_8787.jpeg
Thoughts after 36K miles on my 23. The ride has been great. The mileage is pretty good for a SD, the smileage has been great.

It has had two alignments at second one it was discovers the drag link had too much play in them.

The good and bad of the electronics. The good, updates have been coming! The bad I forgot to set up a time for them. What does this do? I’ve been driving along and all of sudden no more front facing camera, crash advoid, or cruise. After getting a notice of the software upload, everything is normal again. Working a few additional updates to the truck and will post photos when done.

Time for the 20k maintenance. Oil check! Air Filter check! Cabin Filter check!

View attachment 124463

View attachment 124465

Seems Ford put a few wires in the way of the cabin filter and neglected to say so in their manual. Nothing a 1/4” drove and deep well 8 mm socket doesn’t solve.

I’m noticed this when Arod was taking apart the dash panel. I get that one can disconnect a few harnesses to get to the filter, by seriously Ford, why, was there no way to design it so that a filter replacement is a straightforward in and out exercise.

Back