My first road trip and MPG

flydrifter

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 7.3
Late post...A few weeks ago I wanted to put a few miles on my new truck. I live in Gilbert, AZ. Loaded up my wife and off we went. Drive from Gilbert to Jerome up the 17 and over. Pushing 85 alot of the time, drove a little hard up the hills. From Jerome over the mountain to Prescott. No issues, runs great. I was a little disappointed about the governor at 96. Whats yours at?
Anyway I was pretty happy with MPG for how I drove it.

Attachments

• 20201213_181254.jpg
    20201213_181254.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 244
Completely off topic, but since you are in Gilbert, which dealer did you buy it from and were you happy with the experience?
I'm in Mesa and will be looking to order a Tremor after my wife recovers from her surgery.

Paul

I'm from Gilbert as well! I live across the street from Campo Verde High School.

Ha! Mines at 96, that drive was some legit climbs, I'd be really happy with those numbers.

Can you help me with ForScan!?!?! :sneaky:

Completely off topic, but since you are in Gilbert, which dealer did you buy it from and were you happy with the experience?
I'm in Mesa and will be looking to order a Tremor after my wife recovers from her surgery.

Paul
Visited a few dealers, kind of a long story how I went from a deal on an F150 to this but anyway...I went with Larry H Miller, they were the easiest and up front sales team I listened to. No real BS, I'm sure there was some but none that bothered me. I will get the name for you...if you drop my name I get $200.

I can do that for you. They brought a white Tremor to my house to test drive last month. I just wasn't ready to pull the trigger then.

Paul

I'm from Gilbert as well! I live across the street from Campo Verde High School.

Ha! Mines at 96, that drive was some legit climbs, I'd be really happy with those numbers.

Can you help me with ForScan!?!?! :sneaky:
No, but I want it now...

No, but I want it now...
Sorry not trying to derail the MPG post... I want it too, but I'm a Mac family. I don't want to buy a laptop just to get my horn to stop honking at me when I get out with the truck running. I've been trying to find someone local to help LOL of course for compensation (i.e Beer or cash equivalent).

I hope to see you around!

Sorry not trying to derail the MPG post... I want it too, but I'm a Mac family. I don't want to buy a laptop just to get my horn to stop honking at me when I get out with the truck running. I've been trying to find someone local to help LOL of course for compensation (i.e Beer or cash equivalent).

I hope to see you around!
You don't have to buy a windows laptop. You can download windows for free and run it in a VM. When you connect the USB it will ask you if you want it to connect to the mac or the VM, choose the VM and run your Forscan app. All is well. Now that my truck is back and I don't have to deal with TCM or other modules being reprogrammed, I will be doing the same thing this weekend to my truck from a Mac laptop. It worked on my wife's edge so i don't see why it wouldn't work on the tremor - same program, same OS, same OBD reader.

You don't have to buy a windows laptop. You can download windows for free and run it in a VM. When you connect the USB it will ask you if you want it to connect to the mac or the VM, choose the VM and run your Forscan app. All is well. Now that my truck is back and I don't have to deal with TCM or other modules being reprogrammed, I will be doing the same thing this weekend to my truck from a Mac laptop. It worked on my wife's edge so i don't see why it wouldn't work on the tremor - same program, same OS, same OBD reader.
I think you might have lost most Mac folks when you said “run it in a VM”! :cool:

I use Fusion on my Mac to run a Win 10 VM on a daily basis for my lab, but I am a tech guy with multiple laptops, Surface Pros and servers running various versions of Windows, so it is not a big deal for me.

It'll be hard to get a 27'' iMac in the garage and work on in the truck LOL.

What Tx-Tremor said, no clue what any of that software is... Bought the iMac because I can't fix a computer virus.

It'll be hard to get a 27'' iMac in the garage and work on in the truck LOL.

What Tx-Tremor said, no clue what any of that software is... Bought the iMac because I can't fix a computer virus.
Mine fits, but my video card on the iMac needs repair.

I think you might have lost most Mac folks when you said “run it in a VM”! :cool:

I use Fusion on my Mac to run a Win 10 VM on a daily basis for my lab, but I am a tech guy with multiple laptops, Surface Pros and servers running various versions of Windows, so it is not a big deal for me.
Yeah, I was a dev and have a strong qa background now days I get paid to find vulnerabilities so I have lots of hardware laying around. Normally am always on linux or mac platforms, really hate having to use windows for anything even in a VM.

Is that in a Tremor? That DTE looks high for the 34 gallon tank in a 7.3, seems like a 48 gallon long bed?

If I wanted to talk software or computers I would join a Software forum. However, I am interested in trip mileage for Tremors. Please get this thread back on track. Thanks
There ya go bro.

I took possession of my Tremor on December 5th. I live in Sacramento and took it to Reno recently. For those of you that have traveled on interstate 80 over Donner summit you are aware that it starts near sea level and ascends approximately 80 mi to the top at 7,300 FT elevation. I ran 70 to 75 uphill the whole way and came back downhill at speeds of around 60 due to ice. I average exactly 14 MPG on a trip that covered 264 miles. To answer thevol's question of DTE, on another trip to Crescent City from Sacramento I average 13.6 MPG and when I filled up my DTE showed 438 miles on my Tremor with a 34 gallon tank. I currently have 2400 mi on the truck.

Late post...A few weeks ago I wanted to put a few miles on my new truck. I live in Gilbert, AZ. Loaded up my wife and off we went. Drive from Gilbert to Jerome up the 17 and over. Pushing 85 alot of the time, drove a little hard up the hills. From Jerome over the mountain to Prescott. No issues, runs great. I was a little disappointed about the governor at 96. Whats yours at?
Anyway I was pretty happy with MPG for how I drove it.
Wow! That's pretty good considering the way you drove it....I can close to 14 but have to drive like an old man to get it....hoping the MPG's gets a little better once I get more miles on it, I'm at 1800 now.

Back