My Diamondback has arrived

Ridgerunr

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F350
So last Thursday my Diamondback SE bed cover arrived, and I Installed it Friday morning. This thing is built to last, I'm totally impressed with the quality and ease of installation. Also the security it provides is second to none. It arrived on a long pallet by a Simi truck, and no damage at all. If your thinking about gettin one, do yourself a favor and get it.
P.S. it looks GREAT...

Attachments

• 20201105_165054.jpg
    20201105_165054.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 232
  • 20201107_091249.jpg
    20201107_091249.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 20201107_091303.jpg
    20201107_091303.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 218
  • 20201107_091328.jpg
    20201107_091328.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 208
So last Thursday my Diamondback SE bed cover arrived, and I Installed it Friday morning. This thing is built to last, I'm totally impressed with the quality and ease of installation. Also the security it provides is second to none. It arrived on a long pallet by a Simi truck, and no damage at all. If your thinking about gettin one, do yourself a favor and get it.
P.S. it looks GREAT...

Its on the list once my truck arrives. I understand DB takes about 50 days to build and ship. Was that your experience? Did you have to make any special arrangements for freight delivery?

PS - Been through Ellsworth many times, have family near by and hunt between there and Spring Valley. Have a squeaky curd for me!

A text message is to be sent with an approximate delivery time from the last mile delivery company. The delivery driver put the large pallet in one of my garage bays. I ordered in August and it took approximately 45 days for delivery. I have the HD model with the low profile cab guard and drop in storage bin. I added the Amp Research Bed Steps on each side in front of the rear tire. I like the cover and the steps.
Diamondback HD 1.jpg
Diamondback HD 2.jpg
Diamondback HD 3.jpg
Diamondback HD 4.jpg

Its on the list once my truck arrives. I understand DB takes about 50 days to build and ship. Was that your experience? Did you have to make any special arrangements for freight delivery?

PS - Been through Ellsworth many times, have family near by and hunt between there and Spring Valley. Have a squeaky curd for me!
Did not have to do anything as far as shipping goes, Diamondback takes care of all that. Diamondback sent a email when the cover shipped, and the trucking co called with updates. It actually arrived a few days ahead of schedule.

I really like these covers but I don't want to loose the bike in the back option. My buddy that has a DB says I could just put my bike on top of it.. :unsure: ... Aside from damaging his credibility I still think he chose a great cover too.

Last edited:
A text message is to be sent with an approximate delivery time from the last mile delivery company. The delivery driver put the large pallet in one of my garage bays. I ordered in August and it took approximately 45 days for delivery. I have the HD model with the low profile cab guard and drop in storage bin. I added the Amp Research Bed Steps on each side in front of the rear tire. I like the cover and the steps.
View attachment 9046View attachment 9047View attachment 9048View attachment 9049

Do you mind posting some pictures of the bed steps deployed and tucked in? I’ve been debating those and wo like to see how they look. Thanks!

I really like these covers but I don't want to loose the bike in the back option. My buddy that has a DB says I could just put my bike on top of it.. :unsure: ... Aside from damaging his credibility I still think he chose a great cover too.
There are a lot of YouTube videos showing different kinds of rack systems mounted to Diamondback covers, including bike racks. The standard cover will support 400 lbs. The HD ones will hold 1600 lbs.

Yes, they are the Amp Research Bed Step 2. I bought directly from them. I looked just now and they are $260 per side. They were no drill. They work great with the drop in bin from Diamondback.

Those bed steps look to be super convenient...The only problem is what if one wants to go side exhaust. ☹

I like my Diamond Back HD. It definitely fits perfectly. Fit and finish is awesome. I noticed clearing snow off it is a little challenging with the black coating on it.

Attachments

• 20201107_170629.jpg
    20201107_170629.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 55
@taztremor how much did that set up run? tryign to decide between that and a cap

Thanks. So same ball park if I got a cap.

Latest Discussions

Back