My Current View

1000005120.jpg

View from my back porch, Corsican sheep, a breed from the Y O Ranch many years ago. Now a sought after trophy in the Hill Country of Texas. If you bag one of these off a contract ranch price tag in the range of $6000.00. No public land here!
1000005263.jpg

View from my back porch, Corsican sheep, a breed from the Y O Ranch many years ago. Now a sought after trophy in the Hill Country of Texas. If you bag one of these off a contract ranch price tag in the range of $6000.00. No public land here!View attachment 150096
Help me understand this. What drives that $6,000 price? Scarcity of the animal? Limits places for access to hunt? Simply the going rate for access to land for the activity? Flavor?

I'm just curious. I don't dare try and calculate what each little trout is going to cost me this summer.

Help me understand this. What drives that $6,000 price? Scarcity of the animal? Limits places for access to hunt? Simply the going rate for access to land for the activity? Flavor?

I'm just curious. I don't dare try and calculate what each little trout is going to cost me this summer.
It's strictly the 🏆 trophy, it's usually people who don't have the ability to hunt on their own. That price is all inclusive, pick up at the airport, board, and a guided hunt. Taxidermy is usually extra.

Well, it’s 6am and it’s raining! Only a couple of macropods around this morning. It’s not at unusual to see up to a dozen kangaroos and wallabies having a feed. They’re in near plague proportions. Once you’d only see them dusk till dawn. Now they’re around all day and a real hazard when driving.

Anyway, this is my bit of paradise. Down the bottom is an old 3 bedroom cottage I currently rent out to backpackers. Out of shot to the right is a small dam. The big gum tree on the right is my favourite tree. I’ve planted 4 more gum trees- they are my favourite tree. The tree in the middle of the photo is a wattle tree, one of many on the property that grow quickly and die young.

Last year I put in a concrete driveway and turning area, most of which you can’t see. I’ve planted more trees either side of it .

Plenty of bird life with an assortment of Australian magpies, kookaburras, finches, rosellas and rainbow lorikeets. Occasionally you see black cockatoos and more often you see ducks.

I only have tank water- maximum capacity is 177,000 litres, or nearly 47,000 gallons. I also have access to bore water, which I’ve never used.

Anyway, this is my view every morning and I love it.
IMG_2177.jpeg

Well, it’s 6am and it’s raining! Only a couple of macropods around this morning. It’s not at unusual to see up to a dozen kangaroos and wallabies having a feed. They’re in near plague proportions. Once you’d only see them dusk till dawn. Now they’re around all day and a real hazard when driving.

Anyway, this is my bit of paradise. Down the bottom is an old 3 bedroom cottage I currently rent out to backpackers. Out of shot to the right is a small dam. The big gum tree on the right is my favourite tree. I’ve planted 4 more gum trees- they are my favourite tree. The tree in the middle of the photo is a wattle tree, one of many on the property that grow quickly and die young.

Last year I put in a concrete driveway and turning area, most of which you can’t see. I’ve planted more trees either side of it .

Plenty of bird life with an assortment of Australian magpies, kookaburras, finches, rosellas and rainbow lorikeets. Occasionally you see black cockatoos and more often you see ducks.

I only have tank water- maximum capacity is 177,000 litres, or nearly 47,000 gallons. I also have access to bore water, which I’ve never used.

Anyway, this is my view every morning and I love it.
View attachment 150129
@TRAMPER would love it there. With all those creampies, cockatoo rainbow thingies you mentioned, I bet it's a pheasant's paradise.

Last edited:
@TRAMPER would love it there. Will all those creampies, cockatoo rainbow thingies you mentioned, I bet it's a pheasant's paradise.
Just think if all the ladies you have, had pouches? Uses are beyond the imagination!!

Just think if all the ladies you have, had pouches? Uses are beyond the imagination!!
I saw a small eastern grey maybe 50 metres away, and thought to myself, geez, it’s got an enormous cock. Only when I got closer and the “cock” started to move did I realise it was the tail of a Joey in its mother’s pouch. Had to laugh.

I saw a small eastern grey maybe 50 metres away, and thought to myself, geez, it’s got an enormous cock. Only when I got closer and the “cock” started to move did I realise it was the tail of a Joey in its mother’s pouch. Had to laugh.
I just hope @Optimus dosen't read this, the crowd will go nuts, no crazy!!

Latest Discussions

Back