My 1st tow 7.3 Gasser..

supertremor

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 7.3 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2013 F150 Limited, 1979 F250 460cid 4x4
My 1st tow, Jeep weighs 5k no idea what the trailer weighs. Highway and city.
Pulled amazing with 1k on the hitch. got 13.2mpg and I was having way to much fun light to light! :)
20210314_133629.jpg
20210314_190017.jpg

My 1st tow, Jeep weighs 5k no idea what the trailer weighs. Highway and city.
Pulled amazing with 1k on the hitch. got 13.2mpg and I was having way to much fun light to light! :)
View attachment 19604View attachment 19605
I have found that the Ave mpg on the tow screen is the one under trip 2 on the fuel mileage screen. It is NOT what you got towing the trailer. It is simply the one on the fuel mileage screen. In order to get mpg while towing you would have to reset either trip 1 or trip 2 to see what you getting.

I have found that the Ave mpg on the tow screen is the one under trip 2 on the fuel mileage screen. It is NOT what you got towing the trailer. It is simply the one on the fuel mileage screen. In order to get mpg while towing you would have to reset either trip 1 or trip 2 to see what you getting.
Yeah, I don’t get 13.2 driving around empty.

Yeah the towing mileage screen is goofy, if you disconnect the trailer when the truck is off it still thinks the trailer is connected and accumulates unloaded miles. Have to disconnect when the truck is on or tell it no trailer.

Yeah the towing mileage screen is goofy, if you disconnect the trailer when the truck is off it still thinks the trailer is connected and accumulates unloaded miles. Have to disconnect when the truck is on or tell it no trailer.
I wondered about that. On my 2013 F150 it always knew it was disconnected. This did what you said sometimes and not others. Now I know. Thanks!

Yeah, I don’t get 13.2 driving around empty.
20210305_142122.jpg

Driving around empty. I was at 16.1 but did a canyon loop to hang out with my son.
not sure why the poor mileage, I live in Utah even tho it's a valley it's by no means flat.

Pretty sure all those 35 miles were downhill to get 13 mpg. Looking good while you were towing the Jeep, ST!
Equally Up and Down.
Same path out and in.
Thanks the Jeep has been a fun toy.

Well,

I just got back from my first tow with my 7.3 and I'm very happy with the results! I'm coming from a 2016 Platinum with the 6.2 / 4.30 gears and 35" tires. and now the new 7.3 / 4.30 gears is definitely an improvement. I think the 10 speed is definitely an added bonus, which probably helps the most.

Now for the first tow, I wasn't pulling heavy, just a 20 foot car trailer with a 4 seater RZR and a bunch of gear loaded up. 650 mile round trip and averaged probably around 80 miles an hour. On the way out, I was getting 11.4 mpg and on the way home I finished out the average at 10.3 mpg. My old 6.2 would have done around 9 to 9.5 mpg so I'm ahead of the game there.

With the 7.3, I really like how the power comes on and how the transmission / motor combo feels overall compared to the 6.2.

Anyways, as of now........Happy customer here!!!

When you are out driving your truck and find yourself in one of those weird melancholy moods where you are troubled that you aren't able to get as good of mpg's as you wish you could, just put your foot into it for a few miles and a big fat grin will force itself on your face, and you will suddenly find yourself in an incredibly good mood again. ???

If you think you get poor mileage with your 7.3 Tremor, go out and get yourself a Cabin Cruiser with twin 6.2 liter engines and go run around the lake for a few hours at cruising speed. You'll burn a couple hundred gallons of premium fuel, and then the trip home in the evening in the Tremor will make you feel like you're driving a civic. ?

Last edited:
Back