Must have options when placing a build?

Krafcik

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Subaru
I'm curious about your must have options.

I think I'm going to order a 2021 F-250. Here is what I'm thinking for required options.

Lariat - for leather and Sync 3
Tremor Package - obvious reasons
7.3 Engine
Up-fitter Switches
Sport Package
Dual Battery - Seems impossible to find one of these on a lot.

I intend to use the truck as a daily commuter - seriously 2 miles round trip.

I also plan on putting a Leer/Are/Snugtop on the back and building out a sleeping platform for camping trips and overland trips to the mountains. I

I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I might be overlooking.

Last edited:
Winch
dual alternators
5th wheel/goose neck
adaptive cruise
adaptive steering

My list would be:
-6.7l
-LED
-Rapid heat
-Winch
-Lariat sport package
-Any color but Velocity blue. (Not a respected color or very championey)

Last edited:
Get the LED headlights by either checking that box by itself. Or, get the Lariat Sport package and the LEDs come with that package. Actually, in 2021 it’s now called the Lariat Black appearance package.

Also you have to add the garage door opener separately. It is not standard on Lariat.

Get the LED headlights by either checking that box by itself. Or, get the Lariat Sport package and the LEDs come with that package. Actually, in 2021 it’s now called the Lariat Black appearance package.

Also you have to add the garage door opener separately. It is not standard on Lariat.

The headlights look cool, but darn their expensive. Is it really worth it? I wonder about aftermarket alternatives, or just wiring up some Baja Design lights.

Must haves will be so different for everyone, depending on your intended use.

The headlights look cool, but darn their expensive. Is it really worth it? I wonder about aftermarket alternatives, or just wiring up some Baja Design lights.

For me it has nothing to do with the looks. I know that the halogen lights on our work trucks are terrible. So, upgrading from halogen with either Ford or after market is going to be a huge improvement over the stock halogen.

Personally, I try to stay with OEM equipment for warranty purposes but I can understand going after market if the price is right.

For me it has nothing to do with the looks. I know that the halogen lights on our work trucks are terrible. So, upgrading from halogen with either Ford or after market is going to be a huge improvement over the stock halogen.

Personally, I try to stay with OEM equipment for warranty purposes but I can understand going after market if the price is right.

That's valuable insight on the oem halogen lights. Thank you - turns out I like the look of the sport package too. I'm adding it to my list!

That's valuable insight on the oem halogen lights. Thank you - turns out I like the look of the sport package too. I'm adding it to my list!

Happy to help.

Ultimate package if you want push button start.
I like the 360 camera. If you’re off road and camping a bit I’d highly recommend.

I like the new rooftop tents.

basically everything. The reason I'm ordering rather than trying to find in inventory is because I want the vehicle to be EXACTLY what I want. And I want everything LOL. Really, I just don't want to spend over 80K on a vehicle and then 6 or 8 months later be sitting there thinking "man I love this truck but I really wish I went ahead and got x, y, or z"

I'm ordering a platinum 6.7 with just about every possible option.

basically everything. The reason I'm ordering rather than trying to find in inventory is because I want the vehicle to be EXACTLY what I want. And I want everything LOL. Really, I just don't want to spend over 80K on a vehicle and then 6 or 8 months later be sitting there thinking "man I love this truck but I really wish I went ahead and got x, y, or z"

I'm ordering a platinum 6.7 with just about every possible option.

That's a real struggle I'm having too. I'm also concerned that I won't get as good of a price on an order. The only option I can't find is the dual battery and my ideal color. I can live with the color and be happy and I think I could add the dual battery down the road if needed.

That's a real struggle I'm having too. I'm also concerned that I won't get as good of a price on an order. The only option I can't find is the dual battery and my ideal color. I can live with the color and be happy and I think I could add the dual battery down the road if needed.

I have xplan as well, I just know sometimes a dealer is willing to move stale inventory for better prices.

I have xplan as well, I just know sometimes a dealer is willing to move stale inventory for better prices.
yeah if i found something close enough on a dealer lot I'd go for it, but it would have to check pretty much every box of my build...even then it doesn't seem like the tremors sit on dealer lots very long. Probably not hard to find a non tremor in most trim levels that have been there a few months but from what I've seen tremors are in and out from dealer stock.

Ok I just learned that LED headlights are not included in the Lariat Ultimate package. The crazy part is that you have to have the ultimate package in order to add the LED headlights ??‍♂️

it is still true that you get LED headlights with the Sport/Black appearance package.

Windows, tires and seats are fairly handy.

Otherwise, select a spray in bedliner, tailgate step is awesome. I love heated seats!

the 6.7 is about as must have as it gets for me. :)

I’ve never been a diesel guy until this truck, now i will be forever!

Back