Military
Army
Current Ride
Velocity Blue F350 Diesel with Sport & Ultimate package
Current Ride #2
20 Explorer / 18 Indian Chieftain Limited / 19 Can-Am Defender XMR
First Responder
Volunteer Firefighter
What do you guys say are must-have interior add ons in an SD. Iv never had one before. I know i want waterproof seat covers. Does anyone recommend a brand?

What do you guys say are must-have interior add ons in an SD. Iv never had one before. I know i want waterproof seat covers. Does anyone recommend a brand?
I’m a big fan of Marathon Seat covers out of Montana. They custom order and the covers fit like a glove. The last truck I traded in, the salesman almost shat when he saw how perfect the leather was underneath them. That’s my two cents.

WeatherTech floor mats already saved me a ton of headaches. We often have 6 people in it and the carpet on my transmission well in my old truck looked like poop.

Rear seat latch to access the unused space (depending on options) behind the driver side rear seats.

A lot of what you may want to add depends on what options you have on the inside.

WeatherTech floor mats already saved me a ton of headaches. We often have 6 people in it and the carpet on my transmission well in my old truck looked like poop.

Rear seat latch to access the unused space (depending on options) behind the driver side rear seats.

A lot of what you may want to add depends on what options you have on the inside.
I’ve got both, and can agree on them as being pretty nice to have. I’m looking into seat covers vs leather now. I’ve been back and forth but currently the idea of waterproof seat covers is winning out and I’ve heard good things about Wet Okole

Forgot the Covercraft sun shade. I had one in my old 250 and used my FordPass Points to get one for this truck. Sitting outside my office in Florida during the summer heat I’d start to feel the dash in the old truck get tacky ... That was enough for me to decide some sort of shade was a “must have”.

For the first time on a vehicle I have owned I had the windshield tinted. I think it was at about 55%. Makes a difference here in Florida. Also, I opted for the Husky liners over the Weathertech. I have the Weathertech in my Raptor and just decided to go a different direction.

C

@coachhomer i tinted my last truck windshield. i loved it!

Do you find a big reduction in interior temp with the tinted windshield?

I believe there is, it also helps with interior fading/sun damage.

Weather Tech mats are awesome. Keeps the slush and snow off the carpet and you can dump the water out.

I’m a big fan of Marathon Seat covers out of Montana. They custom order and the covers fit like a glove. The last truck I traded in, the salesman almost shat when he saw how perfect the leather was underneath them. That’s my two cents.
Had 2 sets of Marathons, awesome.....

Do you find a big reduction in interior temp with the tinted windshield?
I wouldn’t say I notice a big reduction in interior temp. it is just blazing hot here in Florida. But there is a noticeable difference in glare when driving. I have the magnetic gray and I am sure it would be a game changer on a reflective white vehicle. That is one of the things I can’t stand about our white 4runner. Also I am told that it cuts down on the UV rays significantly. Hopefully extending the life of the dash.

Ford. Made by Carhartt

Weather Tech mats are awesome. Keeps the slush and snow off the carpet and you can dump the water out.
Did your weather tech mats fit as advertised, I have a 1 inch gap on the drivers side and 1/2 gap on passenger side against the door sides. you can see the floor. Disappointed in the fit

Did your weather tech mats fit as advertised, I have a 1 inch gap on the drivers side and 1/2 gap on passenger side against the door sides. you can see the floor. Disappointed in the fit

Really? I bought them for my 2019 Expedition and they fit good. My only grip is they feel a little cheap but overall they do well holding the melted snow off the carpets

Mine fit very nicely. I did have a gap on the driver side, exterior foot well, at first but that was just because I had the liner caught on the back of the parking brake arm.

20200817_085401.jpg

Back