Must have accessory!

Eloy.sedillo.82

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 f250 Tremor
A must have accessory for any truck. This is my next install. I know there's cheaper out there but heavier guage is better for jumping another vehicle and you get what you pay for.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201119-153735_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201119-153735_Chrome.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 355
What do you mean by "install"?

Finding a place to mount the connector where its easily accessible and routing the cables to your battery

Looks pricey for what it is, that good of quality or makes it easy to access battery power?

Can you power any other accessories with it? I don't find myself jump starting people very often, and the fact that I'd still have to carry jumper cables with this seems redundant, just save popping the hood.

I got one of these jump-start batteries in case I'm boondocking alone somewhere and I can jump-start without a second vehicle.

it’s neat & all, but dang it’s high-priced.
I’ve been doing basically the same thing for a long time now, except using welder lead type quick connects.
They’re handy for running a diesel transfer pump (or boosting, of course)

Neat. I've seen something like that on some service trucks. It makes jumping others a very easy task. No need to pop the hood. I've been wanting to install something like that on my truck, but at a much lower budget.

I use jumper cables very often so for me the convenience is worth the money. It also saves the top of my battery posts from getting chewed up.

Seems like you could just buy the Anderson connectors and cable and do it yourself. I have some of those heavy duty Anderson connectors that will take 4/0 wire. You can also get a nice rubber boot that would keep mud/dust out and also hide it a bit. I've ordered them from powerWerx before.

i built my own for $45 and wired to a rear winch on the back hitch but can use the quick disconnect for anything, but i have a jump box and jumper cables at all times already

Seems like you could just buy the Anderson connectors and cable and do it yourself. I have some of those heavy duty Anderson connectors that will take 4/0 wire. You can also get a nice rubber boot that would keep mud/dust out and also hide it a bit. I've ordered them from powerWerx before.

Thanks for that info

Back