Mud flaps/ Splash guards on a tremor

I'm glad this thread came back to life - as I recently read through all the mud flap threads after searching the forum for info. While it's not really a necropost, I didn't want to bring it back from the dead, but now that it's back I'll throw in my comment.

I've had three F-150's in the past, but never felt the need for mud flaps, or splash guards, or whatever you want to call them. But with this truck, driving through my first slushy/snowy muck on-road days, I've been sorta surprised by the spray that gets on the side of the truck. So - splash guards it is, being added to my list of to-do items.

To those that have contributed to this thread (and the other mud flap threads), thanks for sharing your photos and opinions. Great to have a resource like this available at the keyboard ready.

@CountryTremor Are they solid ot flexible?

They look good.
They are solid - they do not flex. Still gives the tires plenty of room without any rubbing. There is a YouTube video on the installation of this mud flap. Very informative. I am pleased with the quality and look.

I put trigger industries 13” kickbacks with custom weights with my company logo cut into them.

Attachments

• 0EADE918-D501-4627-A3FF-47C2EE1644EC.jpeg
    0EADE918-D501-4627-A3FF-47C2EE1644EC.jpeg
    390.8 KB · Views: 458
  • 512A3B61-355E-4277-8BDA-BAEBDE48B8E6.jpeg
    512A3B61-355E-4277-8BDA-BAEBDE48B8E6.jpeg
    288.2 KB · Views: 452
I put trigger industries 13” kickbacks with custom weights with my company logo cut into them.
Not sure about Canada, but down south here you have to be careful putting a company logo on a vehicle. If you don't have business coverage on the vehicle (in addition to typical personal coverage) you're screwed if you get in an accident.

Random segue.

Not sure about Canada, but down south here you have to be careful putting a company logo on a vehicle. If you don't have business coverage on the vehicle (in addition to typical personal coverage) you're screwed if you get in an accident.

Random segue.
I have commercial insurance but I know lots of people that don’t and have company stickers for advertising. Only issue I ever had with stickers if your driving like a dick people will google you and call and bitch about your driving lol.

Non flexible splash guards like these are great as long as you don't drive off road. First rut the tire falls into and snags the flap they'll rip right off.

I put them on mine though. Have a lot of gravel roads....

They are solid - they do not flex. Still gives the tires plenty of room without any rubbing. There is a YouTube video on the installation of this mud flap. Very informative. I am pleased with the quality and look.
i thought those were flexible so I was worried about snow them getting pushed into the tire if get stuck and ripping them out of the fender any issues at all offroading/fire roads with them? Anyone have issues catching the weather techs or the factory ones?

Really like the look of those. Are they flexible?
I had them on my raptor. They are rigid, but I smashed the piss out of them off road and they sprung right back to original form.
Best there is out there as far as I’m concerned.

Appropriate that this appeared today, I actually pulled a flap off after backing into a snowbank and going forward. Pulled it right off. On the 22, this is the factory installed mud flap. It's only held on with clips and one screw in the support bar on the rear, screws and clips on the front seem a little more secure. Luckily, it happened in a driveway of a friend's house, I didn't notice it missing until I got home. He was able to find the two pieces so I could put it back together (with some creative repairing of the one screw hole that enlarged pulling off the truck) but he couldn't find the clips. So, I put some temporary ones on it until I could find some available somewhere. I could not find a listing for the 2022 truck on any source, only for Ranger, Bronco, etc. So, I started to match it with "kits" available for different models, found them under the Ranger flaps. I took a chance and ordered two types to experiment, the one in the picture is what I ended up getting. Part number: W716266-S450B 4X. If you order these, be warned, they sell them "each", not by the bag. The flap takes 4 total on the rear.

Attachments

• 20220214_230944_resized.jpg
    20220214_230944_resized.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 155
  • 20220214_230522_resized.jpg
    20220214_230522_resized.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 20220214_230657_resized.jpg
    20220214_230657_resized.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 155
  • 20220214_230544_resized.jpg
    20220214_230544_resized.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 150
Sooooo question. I ordered the mudflaps and bug guard. Do they install those thing for you at the factory or will I find them in the back seat when I get my truck? I damn sure ain't payin for the install. I can work my own screwdriver real good. :geek:
Everything was installed on my truck when I picked it up.

I have factory mud flaps. My only complaint about them is the mud and dirt get behind the seam and run down the back of the flaps on the outside. Wish it had a better seal.

I have factory mud flaps. My only complaint about them is the mud and dirt get behind the seam and run down the back of the flaps on the outside. Wish it had a better seal.
Saw this on mine too but also noticed it started to chafe the paint behind the flap. So, I ordered some abrasion resistant tape to put behind it. Hope it works, ...

These are the Husky flaps....the fronts had to get trimmed to clear our tires:
1644966730496.png

as is

1644966872105.png

Trimmed:

1644966861546.png

Attachments

• 1644966838274.png
    1644966838274.png
    789.7 KB · Views: 34

Latest Discussions

Back