Grabber

Tremor Aficionado
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2009 GT500 & 2018 E350
Just wanted to throw a question out there. How many of your are running mud flaps? OEM or other brand. Who is happy or not with them or feel they are needed at all?

I had Husky on my 2005 & 2015 and liked them. I bought them again for my Tremor, but do not like how they fit the front and was considering buying the OEM mud flaps (Fitment appears better). However, looking at how the tires tuck under the wheel well and protection provided by the running boards and black plastic trim at the bottom of the rear fenders, I wonder if you need them at all. Let me know what you think. Thank you.

I got the oem plastic molded mud guards Put them on after the fact. Forgot to order them with the build. Fit great. Looks great

Trigger makes an unreal product. Prices are in Canadian Peso's so it would be a bit cheaper for most of ya on here..

I had the 14" longjohns on my old truck and will be doing them on the Tremor as well once I change wheel setups.

Last edited by a moderator:
got mine in and the instructions are horrible. looked on youtube and theres really no good video for installing the oem molded mud flaps on the tremor. ideas? looks simple but i dont wanna mess it up. and i dont wanna pay ridiculous dealer money to install this

got mine in and the instructions are horrible. looked on youtube and theres really no good video for installing the oem molded mud flaps on the tremor. ideas? looks simple but i dont wanna mess it up. and i dont wanna pay ridiculous dealer money to install this
It's pretty simple. Front/ rear and right/ left flaps are unique in shape s can't mess them up. There's a brace for the rears but nothing special for the fronts. They're held in with a couple stock bolts and some supplied clips. Mine have held up well

I ordered mine with flaps and I'm glad I did. Just spent a few days in the Myrtle Beach area going direct from rocky, sandy soil and sticky mud to highway speeds. They did the job.

I had Husky's on both my 11 and 15 super duty’s.
I went with the factory mud flaps and I am very pleased with the coverage/ quality. I’m also happy I just checked a box and no fuss! I think they are $120 f+r, so that’s not bad installed. The Husky’s were that without me having to install them!

It's pretty simple. Front/ rear and right/ left flaps are unique in shape s can't mess them up. There's a brace for the rears but nothing special for the fronts. They're held in with a couple stock bolts and some supplied clips. Mine have held up well

well the instruction manual isnt that good and leaves some things for assumptions so im hesitating just doing it. I wish there was a video or better manual. i really dont wanna pay someone to do it because ford did a terrible manual.

and for clarification the front ones are simple its the rear ones that im a little confused on...

ok ok... sorry for all the posts but the reason i wasnt able to do the rear flaps is i was missing pages 5,6 of the manual and hadnt noticed ?‍♂️. Called OEMselect and I got the manual and put the flaps in in a matter of minutes. The ford oem wheel wells i put in the rear kinda got in the way a bit but was able to push my way around em.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thank you for you replies. Ghstrider can you post a picture of the inside of the wheel well for the front. Are they molded to the oem wheel liner. Thanks in advance.

they look good. Pictures in the instructions were terrible. i just fiddled with mine for a while and got them on ok

TL;DR - Husky front mudflaps fit. Save yourself a headache and go with another brand for rear mudflaps and rear wheel well liners.

I installed the Husky mud flaps and rear wheel well liners today. I ordered the mudflaps for models with factory fenders. The fronts fit fine.

The rears fit too but it does not look like they were meant to fit the Tremor. I had to add a spacer to keep the tab on the mudflap from squashing. There's also a pretty sizable gap along the bottom edge, although the flap does attach to the fender piece securely.

I installed the rear wheel well liners too and those were a shitshow. Once they were installed they would bulge out in the middle a bit. On compression they would either rub on the tire or get squashed by the spring, depending on whether they bulged in or out.

Yeah, I could have returned them but I cut a relief slit in them instead. You can see it if you're looking for it but outside of that I'd be surprised if anyone ever noticed.

Attachments

• MudFlapF01.jpg
    MudFlapF01.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 425
  • MudFlapF02.jpg
    MudFlapF02.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 428
  • MudFlapR01.jpg
    MudFlapR01.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 406
  • MudFlapR02.jpg
    MudFlapR02.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 411
  • MudFlapR03.jpg
    MudFlapR03.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 407
  • Liner01.jpg
    Liner01.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 412
  • Liner02.jpg
    Liner02.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 380
  • Liner03.jpg
    Liner03.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 407
Ive never had mudflaps on a truck. How well do they hold up against snow and ice build up?

Thank you SManZ. I bought Huskey mud flaps for my Tremor after having them on my '05 & '15 (Fit perfect / loved them), but did not install them, because they don't fit correctly in my opinion. The front mud flaps were molded to the wheel well liner given it a custom look on the other trucks. On the Tremor it leaves a hug gap between the mud flap and liner. I also had the same problem with the back and they also did not look they would fit correctly. I emailed Huskey to complain about the fitment. So far no response. I just returned them and order the OEM mud flaps which are molded correctly, even though I prefer the look of the Huskey.

IceSoldier, I never had any problems with the Huskey mud flaps on my previous trucks and held up to snow and ice without a problem.

Back