MPI Exhaust

Jtryles

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F-150 XLT
Current Ride #2
2024 F-350 SRW Lar Ult Tremor w/BAP 7.3L on Order
I tried to do a search here on "MPI Exhaust" but got the message "The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: Mpi" -- so, apologies if this has been discussed already.

MPI Exhaust systems on the 7.3. Anyone running it? Turbo -vs- Performance. How loud are they? Overall thoughts? They claim no droning.

No feedback on the exhaust but I hate that four character limit on the search. So many companies use two or three letters to shorten their full brand names.

No feedback on the exhaust but I hate that four character limit on the search. So many companies use two or three letters to shorten their full brand names.
Agreed! I didn't want to be "that guy" who posts a question that has been asked 1000 times already. "Use the search!" is always the response--- I honestly did try! ;)

I have an MPI system connected to Stainless Works headers. It was 600$ when I bought it and I can't say good or bad either way. I couldn't justify 1300$ on a cat back. Really looking back I would just have a muffler shop remove the 2 MASSIVE factory mufflers and put whatever aftermarket muffler tickles your fancy.

Looks like it's at least mandrel bent so I guess its better than some pinch bent/bird shit welded "custom" exhaust put together by a shop, but $850 is a lot of money to spend on something that looks like it's not stainless.

1701209449342.png

Looks like it's at least mandrel bent so I guess its better than some pinch bent/bird shit welded "custom" exhaust put together by a shop, but $600 is a lot of money to spend on something that looks like it's not stainless.

View attachment 135973
That worries me also, I live in the rust belt (Mich) where they use 5 million pounds of salt on the roads in the winter. The 3 year warranty isn't all that great.
What attracted me to MPI was their absolute stance of no drone. I have read that some of the others, MBRP for example, drone something awful.

That worries me also, I live in the rust belt (Mich) where they use 5 million pounds of salt on the roads in the winter. The 3 year warranty isn't all that great.
What attracted me to MPI was their absolute stance of no drone. I have read that some of the others, MBRP for example, drone something awful.
I'm also skeptical of the claims on drone given it's basically just a chambered "turbo" style muffler with no resonators in the system.

Corsa made similar claims but those systems cost 3X or more what this costs and those had extra chambers/resonators on them and they had specific models that were tuned to the different wheelbases of trucks.

There's lots of straight sections of pipe where you could add one later though if it did drone, although then you are approaching the cost of the Stainlessworks system. My advice would be to save for a little longer and get that.

I'm also skeptical of the claims on drone given it's basically just a chambered "turbo" style muffler with no resonators in the system.

Corsa made similar claims but those systems cost 3X or more what this costs and those had extra chambers/resonators on them and they had specific models that were tuned to the different wheelbases of trucks.

There's lots of straight sections of pipe where you could add one later though if it did drone, although then you are approaching the cost of the Stainlessworks system. My advice would be to save for a little longer and get that.
Appreciate the advice.

I tried to do a search here on "MPI Exhaust" but got the message "The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: Mpi" -- so, apologies if this has been discussed already.

MPI Exhaust systems on the 7.3. Anyone running it? Turbo -vs- Performance. How loud are they? Overall thoughts? They claim no droning.
I reached out to them looking for a passenger side dual exit, in the factory location, and they told me they wouldn't do it so I wrote them off. Not a hard thing to bend up and I feel it wasn't a big ask for a customer or a muffler shop.

Back