Most UNFAVORITE Tremor/Super Duty Feature

I'm actually surprised that of 5 pages of dislikes I'm the first one (I Think) to mention no electric controls for the convex trailer mirrors. That and as mentioned already, the no info on regen/dpf status. of course seeing the mileage drop, but for 80K+ it should inform you not to shut the truck off while its cleaning. Also the charge pad is in as inconvenient location as damn near possible. Those 3 things are about my only complaints.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the horrible "premium" sound system..... Garbage. Nothing Premium About This B & O System.

Last edited:
They were out of button space!

Audio source memory is my complaint. You use to get 6-18 memory positions per audio source (AM, FM, Satellite Radio), now they are all mixed together and from what I see only 12. Would also like to see manual regen, and show by default particulate percentage.

I'm actually surprised that of 5 pages of dislikes I'm the first one (I Think) to mention no electric controls for the convex trailer mirrors. That and as mentioned already, the no info on regen/dpf status. of course seeing the mileage drop, but for 80K+ it should inform you not to shut the truck off while its cleaning. Also the charge pad is in as inconvenient location as damn near possible. Those 3 things are about my only complaints.
Once my convex are set they don't move. Now my upper mirror on the other hand, seems to move a lot. I pull my mirrors in all the time when I park so its pretty disappointing they can't figure out how to keep them from moving. The other two things are for sure complaints from me too. Mine was in regen this morning when I got to the gym, in my half slumber I had shut it off already before I realized the smell was there.

Audio source memory is my complaint. You use to get 6-18 memory positions per audio source (AM, FM, Satellite Radio), now they are all mixed together and from what I see only 12. Would also like to see manual regen, and show by default particulate percentage.
Under Settings you can add 6 more preset positions for a total of 18.

Once my convex are set they don't move. Now my upper mirror on the other hand, seems to move a lot. I pull my mirrors in all the time when I park so its pretty disappointing they can't figure out how to keep them from moving. The other two things are for sure complaints from me too. Mine was in regen this morning when I got to the gym, in my half slumber I had shut it off already before I realized the smell was there.
I agree the DPF % screen should be available by default. In case you haven't seen it, you can add it with FORScan, the following is 2020 info but may work for 2021 also, need someone to confirm that. My truck goes into regen at 90% full like clockwork.
720-07-02 x*xx xxxx = DPF% on Screen Added to Truck Information Screen
Some trucks will report a camera error after making this modification.
To avoid that, make your update according to the following:
If 0, change to 8
If 1, change to 9
If 2, change to A
If 3, change to B
If 4, change to C
If 5, change to D
If 6, change to E
If 7, change to F

I agree the DPF % screen should be available by default. In case you haven't seen it, you can add it with FORScan, the following is 2020 info but may work for 2021 also, need someone to confirm that. My truck goes into regen at 90% full like clockwork.
If 0, change to 8
If 1, change to 9
If 2, change to A
If 3, change to B
If 4, change to C
If 5, change to D
If 6, change to E
If 7, change to F
Awesome on you for putting it right here for me! Maybe this is a weekend project for me.

I hate that the fuel cap is just hanging when I am refueling.
I hate when I wash the windshield, the wipers move much earlier than the washer comes, scratching the windshield
I hate that on the display the default mode is navigation (was not able to find yet how to change it)
Too small factory mats and too sensitive black carpeting on the floor, I'm not planning to drive it in business casual or cocktail dress.
I am not very satisfied with the leather quality of the seats, they won't last long as on older Ford super duties
OK, what is Forscan? I need that! :D

If 0, change to 8
If 1, change to 9
If 2, change to A
If 3, change to B
If 4, change to C
If 5, change to D
If 6, change to E
If 7, change to F
This works on the 21s as well, confirmed tonight when I was finally able to make changes with Forscan.

I hate when I wash the windshield, the wipers move much earlier than the washer comes, scratching the windshield
I hate that on the display the default mode is navigation (was not able to find yet how to change it)
Too small factory mats and too sensitive black carpeting on the floor, I'm not planning to drive it in business casual or cocktail dress.
I am not very satisfied with the leather quality of the seats, they won't last long as on older Ford super duties

There is a hook on the filler door that you put the plastic connector line into to when the cap is off it holds the cap from laying against the truck.

Check out the following links:

Reactions: mbe
Check out the following links:

Thx, seems to be a life saver! :D Any issue with warranty after using that?

Thx, seems to be a life saver! :D Any issue with warranty after using that?
All your doing is changing settings, it has no impact on warranty, and dealer or repair shop can make these changes as well that had ford software

I am not sure about the Tremor as I don’t have mine yet. But with my Lexus and a couple of Toyota’s.....you can press the start button and not the brake and turn on the accessories such as the radio. I have about two more weeks before I get mine and will try it.

Sensitive black carpeting? Does it cry when you step on it? I mean seriously, black shows dirt. If you don't like that, then get a tan interior next time. Is that what you mean?

I am not sure about the Tremor as I don’t have mine yet. But with my Lexus and a couple of Toyota’s.....you can press the start button and not the brake and turn on the accessories such as the radio. I have about two more weeks before I get mine and will try it.
This works on the Super Duties as well. Use it all the time.

Sensitive black carpeting? Does it cry when you step on it? I mean seriously, black shows dirt. If you don't like that, then get a tan interior next time. Is that what you mean?
Yes. I am going to plowed dirt fields many times (kind of hobby connected to it, don't ask...:) ) and when I get back to the truck, it sucks :)

You can add a page to it to make 18

I wish the preset hard buttons could be programmed to shortcuts in the navigation system. For example, I had a BMW a couple years ago, and the car's only redeeming feature was that I could program the first preset to turn off the navigation display. I don't have six stations I want to listen to, but I'd sure like to be able to turn the display off at night with one press of a button.

You can add a page to it to make 18
Yeah, but I'd still like for them to only show XM when on Sirius, FM only when on FM and AM only when/if on AM. Now they just all mix together. Minor bitch but annoying annoying although lately I've mainly only used spotify.

Back