Most UNFAVORITE Tremor/Super Duty Feature

Too slow and the fob will look cool in my lucky rabbit's foot!

What? From the factory it has a back up beeper? Is your tremor part of a fleet that was modified?
It's an option from the factory. The dealer probably ordered it that way. Probably accidentally checked the box.

Noticed on my first fill up that the new cap is much worse than the cap on my 17. The tether just doesn’t turn well.
There's a hook on the gas cap door that if you hang the tether in that it keeps it from spinning around when you're trying to tighten it.

There's a hook on the gas cap door that if you hang the tether in that it keeps it from spinning around
There's a hook on the gas cap door that if you hang the tether in that it keeps it from spinning around when you're trying to tighten it.

have to try that. I hang the tether on it while filling up, so the cap doesn’t rest against the truck.
I’ll have to try that. I hang the tether on the hook while filling up, so the cap doesn’t rest on the side of the truck.

Last edited:
I’ll have to you that. I hang the tether on the hook while filling up, so the cap doesn’t rest on the side of the truck.

Yes I’m aware of that. The way the tether attaches to the cap is differen. Worse than the older ones.

I’ll have to you that. I hang the tether on the hook while filling up, so the cap doesn’t rest on the side of the truck.
A quick solution is a fuel cap holder. There was a guy on youtube that designed one. I had printed on my 3d printer and its works great. I'll post a pic in a little bit.

Attachments

• B089FC3F-DED1-4479-9E79-9B90852BEFBA.jpeg
    B089FC3F-DED1-4479-9E79-9B90852BEFBA.jpeg
    271.3 KB · Views: 68
  • FB5BDBEE-ED4C-486F-BDE4-2E0F365D40B0.jpeg
    FB5BDBEE-ED4C-486F-BDE4-2E0F365D40B0.jpeg
    264.6 KB · Views: 69
The pic in the post above is how my 17 diesel cap was. Below is my 21 cap. Seems like the tether just gets tangled easier.
EC7FB313-E0C2-485D-B24F-4374407FB9AD.jpeg

So this "Key", lock/unlocks the door, console and glove box, but if the remote battery is dead, how does it "start"? I cannot find anything on the dash for it to go into or in the Clear and Concise Owners MLook under the rubber mat in the center console. Lay your dead key fob in the cut out and push the button to start the truck.
Look under rubber mat in center console for key fob cut out. Place dead key fob in cut out then push button on dash to start your truck.

Last edited:
I'm really not sure how tethers became a thing on gas caps. Had many vehicles in my younger days with no such thing (and I'm not old - 43), and seemed to get by just fine. I cut off the tethers, personally. I don't see a day when I have the cap in my hand, suddenly have a seizure, and unintentionally throw it across the street or something.

I'm really not sure how tethers became a thing on gas caps. Had many vehicles in my younger days with no such thing (and I'm not old - 43), and seemed to get by just fine. I cut off the tethers, personally. I don't see a day when I have the cap in my hand, suddenly have a seizure, and unintentionally throw it across the street or something.
and if you are having a seizure, the loss of the gas cap is the least of your worries!

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks the automatic high beam feature is garbage?
So it REALLY sucked on my Ram. I find this works decent. For me it works well unless it’s a congested or a windy road. I spend a lot of time at my cabin and I really like it and use it a lot. The on and off in between the cars and it’s failure to see brake lights way out make it just ok for me. I’ve had it on 4 vehicles now and the only one that it TRULY works on is my old 911 Turbo. But that system is not even an auto high beam it’s just a high beam that you can run all the time. The system turns off the light(s) focused on the vehicles. So in essence you can run high beams all the time and never piss a sole off. Cheese and rice those Germans are good. But that’s another topic.

So I have to say, that damn horn kills me. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve probably woke up neighbors with that thing. I’ll bet somewhere in America that double horn has given some old lady a heart attack. I know, Forescan... I’ll get there.

Thing is though, I was really dumbfounded that this truck didn’t come with auto wipers? I know that probably sounds rediculous and honestly I feel a bit ridiculous saying it, but shouldn’t an 80k truck wipe your ass? I mean the windows? I swear when I got the truck and it started to rain and I was like “why aren’t these working”? I even went through the system looking for the auto wiper setting. I’m sure some of you have this with a package, but what the hell? I have adaptive this and that and it won’t get rid of that raindrops?!?

That felt good. By the way, I love my truck! It’s freaking amazing. Just saying.

So I have to say, that damn horn kills me. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve probably woke up neighbors with that thing. I’ll bet somewhere in America that double horn has given some old lady a heart attack. I know, Forescan... I’ll get there.

Thing is though, I was really dumbfounded that this truck didn’t come with auto wipers? I know that probably sounds rediculous and honestly I feel a bit ridiculous saying it, but shouldn’t an 80k truck wipe your ass? I mean the windows? I swear when I got the truck and it started to rain and I was like “why aren’t these working”? I even went through the system looking for the auto wiper setting. I’m sure some of you have this with a package, but what the hell? I have adaptive this and that and it won’t get rid of that raindrops?!?

That felt good. By the way, I love my truck! It’s freaking amazing. Just saying.
Did you not get the rain sensing wiper / heated steering wheel option? 60W IIRC

Did you not get the rain sensing wiper / heated steering wheel option? 60W IIRC
Nope. I screwed up. I thought I had everything. Missed that one. Son of a! I guess my rant is 1 part complaint and 1 part kicking myself. Bottom line I missed it and I mad that I did, but question why it’s just not there in the first place.

I do have something good to share. I had a first the other day. Everyone says great things about the truck, but had a guy say “wow, Ford really missed it with this new super duty”. I said well you can’t please them all right? My wife yelled out her side “Dude, are you freaking kidding me??? You drive a POS 1990 something little $&@# mini van?!?” I must say I’m still laughing about that one.

Nope. I screwed up. I thought I had everything. Missed that one. Son of a! I guess my rant is 1 part complaint and 1 part kicking myself. Bottom line I missed it and I mad that I did, but question why it’s just not there in the first place.
Ford should put it in the lariat ultimate package

I don't understand what you gain with push button start. My wife's fob is bigger than my key for my 2015. The only thing that I have noticed is that it c auses a scene when she wants to leave it running and forgets she has the fob in her pocket and gets out. The column shifter is a similar issue. Its never in the way and easy to use. I don't see what is gained by moving it. As for the noises, after 5 years on my old one I barely even notice it now.
Agreed Push Button Starts are fucking horrible, and there used to be a place to store your keys while driving ( in the ignition ) now they just are annoying and take up space elsewhere.

Agreed Push Button Starts are fucking horrible, and there used to be a place to store your keys while driving ( in the ignition ) now they just are annoying and take up space elsewhere.
Don’t you leave the fob in your pocket?

Couldnt disagree more.

I wouldnt have bought the truck without intelligent access and push button start..

Once you have it, hard to back to locking/unlocking/ and starting vehicle with a key like a sucker.

Key goes in pocket in the morninng and doesnt come out until I get home..

Back