Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Military
USMC
Current Ride
2020 Tremor Powerstroke
First Responder
Life Flight
The Japanese sedans are stolen and shipped overseas in containers. I spent a few years in Afghanistan (Toyota's make up over 90% of the vehicles) and I used to get VIN info and send it to my friends on my former PD. It was extremely rare when one didn't come back as stolen. Nothing you can do. I just did it to satisfy my own curiosity.

Imagine chilling at home then seeing your taco with a PKM strapped to it on the news

Guitarman

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Lariat Tremor diesel
Daughter's van was stolen last year. Showed up the same night on the news. It was involved in a police chase, ending in a crash, shoot out and one dead thief. No law enforcement injured. All shown on the evening news.....Los Angeles.

Loshad

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
2021 F350 Platinum Tremor 6.7
In the greater London area the pros don't waste their time on cheap shit. They take orders! Off street parking is so scarce and expensive that people living in multi-million pound houses have to park on the street! The gangs have their flunkies find the vehicle that is ordered, mostly high end Land Rovers, Mercs, and Bimmers. Then they go buy a spare fob at the dealer. They then break the window knowing full well no one will intervene and the cops take forever to respond. They then plug their $5000 re-programmer into the OBD and re-program the new fob and casually drive away, usually in less than a minute! The car goes straight into a container with another and is on its way to Russia, the Middle East, or Africa.

Jericho

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Veteran
Current Ride
2021 Lariat Tremor 7.3L
In the greater London area the pros don't waste their time on cheap shit. They take orders! Off street parking is so scarce and expensive that people living in multi-million pound houses have to park on the street! The gangs have their flunkies find the vehicle that is ordered, mostly high end Land Rovers, Mercs, and Bimmers. Then they go buy a spare fob at the dealer. They then break the window knowing full well no one will intervene and the cops take forever to respond. They then plug their $5000 re-programmer into the OBD and re-program the new fob and casually drive away, usually in less than a minute! The car goes straight into a container with another and is on its way to Russia, the Middle East, or Africa.

As an aside to your point, London is a third world city, fully 60% foreign born residents. There is a reason it is so systematized, criminal operations in the export regions you mentioned enjoy high levels of autonomy and little resistance from the law enforcement they encounter; these regions are where the completely unvetted resident migrant population comes from, and the theft operations have been explicitly imported for the very reasons you have outlined.

Coming soon a State near you.

Loshad

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
2021 F350 Platinum Tremor 6.7
"London is a third world city"

LOL That's a bit rich although true if you frequent the areas that I don't. I spend a lot of time there as it's the only big city I really enjoy and I always stop there to de-jet lag as I fly British Air/American exclusively. It's arguably one of the safest unless you go looking for trouble. There's something to be said for their widespread CCTV system. That clearly has little effect on the pro auto thieves but violent crime is very rare. Pickpockets are also very few in comparison to Italy, Spain, or France.

Jericho

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Veteran
Current Ride
2021 Lariat Tremor 7.3L
Wait and see, I'm not casting shade, I'm saying the demographic replacement is violent, profound, and in London its rate is increasing.
The effects are plainly documented and causally unquestionable.

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge