Morimoto XB

LongBedTremor

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
I'm tempted to upgrade the stock halogens with the Morimoto XB. With the 20% off going on right now they are about 1600. One hesitation I have is that I don't really like the "black appearance" stealth look of headlights, but it is hard to tell from the photos how dark they are in daylight. Anybody have experience with them, thoughts?

The headlights have much to be desired with aesthetics. It already kinda looks goofy having four stacked projectors. The black appearance doesn't help all that much either, especially if you have a star white truck with the chrome package. It's definitely not for everyone, but for me, it works well, and I like the aesthetics with my truck in particular. I'm not all that jazzed about the high color temperature of the LEDs, but they are plenty bright once you finally get used to seeing nighttime in various shades of white.

20210728_091544.jpg

The headlights have much to be desired with aesthetics. It already kinda looks goofy having four stacked projectors. The black appearance doesn't help all that much either, especially if you have a star white truck with the chrome package. It's definitely not for everyone, but for me, it works well, and I like the aesthetics with my truck in particular. I'm not all that jazzed about the high color temperature of the LEDs, but they are plenty bright once you finally get used to seeing nighttime in various shades of white.

View attachment 39786
Thanks! Yours looks nice, but I think the brush guard gives it almost a black appearance look so the headlights are balanced. My truck is going to be Antimatter blue with chrome package and no guard or anything, so I am thinking the smoked headlights will look off. Maybe I'll give it some time and see how bad I hate the stock halogens, but from what I am hearing I'll probably hate them pretty bad.

I'm tempted to upgrade the stock halogens with the Morimoto XB. With the 20% off going on right now they are about 1600. One hesitation I have is that I don't really like the "black appearance" stealth look of headlights, but it is hard to tell from the photos how dark they are in daylight. Anybody have experience with them, thoughts?
Who has them for 20% off?

Who has them for 20% off?
Most places that sell them, best price I found was HeadlightRevolution. Look at their black friday deal and enter the 20% off code at checkout. The 25% off code doesnt work for the Super Duty xB due to exclusion, max is 20%, if you enter the 25% code it doesn't give you any discount.

Thanks! Yours looks nice, but I think the brush guard gives it almost a black appearance look so the headlights are balanced. My truck is going to be Antimatter blue with chrome package and no guard or anything, so I am thinking the smoked headlights will look off. Maybe I'll give it some time and see how bad I hate the stock halogens, but from what I am hearing I'll probably hate them pretty bad.

You’re looking for LED bulbs.

- fellow chrome package rocker

You’re looking for LED bulbs.

- fellow chrome package rocker
Yeah, wasn't sure about this after the review that TFL did on their so-called Super Tremor. You have any bulbs you recommend?

Yeah, wasn't sure about this after the review that TFL did on their so-called Super Tremor. You have any bulbs you recommend?

I have the F150Leds that TFL reviewed. Very happy with them so far.

Bright, easy to install, inexpensive, and they allow me to retain the halogen housings that have that classic Ford truck look I’m going for.

My idea was to get the LED bulbs to test before going to LED housings (Morimoto or OEM) if I wasn’t happy, figuring someone else would happily buy the bulbs back off me. Nothing to lose.

But I’m satisfied enough with the bulbs to not bother.

My idea was to get the LED bulbs to test before going to LED housings (Morimoto or OEM) if I wasn’t happy, figuring someone else would happily buy the bulbs back off me. Nothing to lose.

But I’m satisfied enough with the bulbs to not bother.
Awesome, thanks, probably worth a shot. TFL seemed to be pretty negative about them, so thats why I went right to looking at the housings.

Awesome, thanks, probably worth a shot. TFL seemed to be pretty negative about them, so thats why I went right to looking at the housings.

I recall the TFL review being fairly positive other than complaints about how difficult Ford makes it to change bulbs (not that difficult once you do it once.)

F150Leds actually features the review video on their site.

In any event, to each their own. Definitely worth trying though. Worst case someone else here takes them off your hands.

I also have halogens and tolerated them for the most part. That is until I drove 1,200 miles to Montana in various conditions (rain, snow, clear). Halogens are trash and somehow the high beams seem to give off LESS light than the lows. I have an Oxford White truck and was also worried about the smoked look of the Morimotos but now I’m probably gonna do it no matter what. Good luck with your decision.

P.S. Over the 6 months I spent overthinking about this, there were sales up to 30% on the Morimoto’s three times. Stage3 Motorsports having the best price. So don’t worry about missing out on a deal.

I recall the TFL review being fairly positive other than complaints about how difficult Ford makes it to change bulbs (not that difficult once you do it once.)

F150Leds actually features the review video on their site.

In any event, to each their own. Definitely worth trying though. Worst case someone else here takes them off your hands.
You're right, I just re-watched it. I think I got confused because they comment about replacing the stock bulbs with upgraded halogen bulbs that were crap, for some reason I was thinking that they did an LED bulb first and then a whole housing second.

View attachment 39786
What brand is your brush guard ?

Yup. Ranch Hand.

I’m debating too on getting this Black Friday deal. I just want to know what’s brighter either oem LED housings or the Morimoto? Any reviews on comparing these two housings?

I’m debating too on getting this Black Friday deal. I just want to know what’s brighter either oem LED housings or the Morimoto? Any reviews on comparing these two housings?
By far the OEM LEDs. If you call The retrofit source and talk to the techs, they will tell you the technology just isn’t quite there yet. In fact the tech told me I would be disappointed going from D2S bulbs in my HID projectors to the LED headlights. This was when I still had my 2012 F150 FX4. I called them about this late 2020, bought my tremor in March of this year.

Back