Morimoto XB LED Taillights are HERE for ALL Tremor trucks at www.Apollo-Optics.com!

I don’t have mine just yet.

I’m hoping to get mine sometime soon but wanted to get mentally ready in the event I run into problems.
Ok, I was thinking you were the one with the issues. I think you will be fine, not sure what's going on with the truck that's having the problem.

Correct, now I will say the little plastic insert that is supposed to stay in the hole did come out with the stock light on one side. I realized this, then removed it and re-inserted it and all went fine after that. Are you having issues with both sides, or one only?
I had that happen as well, even went and bought new inserts just to make sure that was not the problem.

Ran my truck over to a body shop, they had the same issue.

Directions are straight forward. I would say maybe if it was anything but a fixture problem and a body problem we would have had issues putting the stock on back in.

I will update as this progresses to a resolution

I have a broken passenger tail light that happened at my daughter's softball game from a foul ball. The people upgrading i would be interested in buying one possibly. What would you sell one at?
Might be late to the party but i have a set of factory that are just collecting dust in my garage.

I received part of my order and emailed Apollo as to why. I was told there is a defect in the product and that should be remedied in Jan or Feb. I spent about $1000 for taillights, bedlight and reverse bar. Perhaps this brand is not ready for prime time? The cost is pretty extensive. What is the return and cancel policy? I have not even opened the reverse bar.
JAC

I received part of my order and emailed Apollo as to why. I was told there is a defect in the product and that should be remedied in Jan or Feb. I spent about $1000 for taillights, bedlight and reverse bar. Perhaps this brand is not ready for prime time? The cost is pretty extensive. What is the return and cancel policy? I have not even opened the reverse bar.
JAC
FYI, I ordered smoked taillights in July, was told it would be a couple months. It turned out to be 4+ months as there was a wiring issue that had to be corrected. I did receive them, installed them and have been enjoying them with no issues. I realize and understand the frustration when you order something and it arrives incomplete, but seems to be the norm in today's environment. Morimoto I believe is a quality product but is experiencing some issues in the manufacturing process. I believe if you wait you will get what you ordered and be happy you did. At the same time I also believe Morimoto has some damage control to mitigate. Nick at Apollo is caught in the middle and does the best possible with little actual control. Just my thoughts!

JAC

Sorry if I missed something in this thread but what exactly is defective from the order you placed?

I too have ordered (12/21) the Morimoto XB tails RED (from another vendor) but have yet to receive tracking or status of shipment for my order. I was told that due to the holidays, they are experiencing delays (?) but I am now beginning to wonder if this has something to do with this defect that you may be talking about?

Much like the LED adaptor harness I am still waiting on from Morimoto for the XB LED Headlights I purchased over a month ago and they claimed it was only a few weeks out....

Sorry if I missed something in this thread but what exactly is defective from the order you placed?

I too have ordered (12/21) the Morimoto XB tails RED (from another vendor) but have yet to receive tracking or status of shipment for my order. I was told that due to the holidays, they are experiencing delays (?) but I am now beginning to wonder if this has something to do with this defect that you may be talking about?

Much like the LED adaptor harness I am still waiting on from Morimoto for the XB LED Headlights I purchased over a month ago and they claimed it was only a few weeks out....
I was told in the email that there is a defect in the tail lights. That was it. All I received was the reverse light bar. A little jarring was the fact that the communication email stated all had shipped. Upon receiving the partial order, I inquired as to the status of the tail lights and bed lamp. A bit odd since the comms on this platform stated they were in stock. I had them email me an invoice. Not much clarity on how that translated into we have it to they are defective in a couple of days. Something is not aligned.

I was told in the email that there is a defect in the tail lights. That was it. All I received was the reverse light bar. A little jarring was the fact that the communication email stated all had shipped. Upon receiving the partial order, I inquired as to the status of the tail lights and bed lamp. A bit odd since the comms on this platform stated they were in stock. I had them email me an invoice. Not much clarity on how that translated into we have it to they are defective in a couple of days. Something is not aligned.
When you say "bed lamp", are you referring to the 3rd bake/bed light? If so, I too have this on order through Apollo. I was told when I ordered it, it would not ship until mid January or possibly February.

When you say "bed lamp", are you referring to the 3rd bake/bed light? If so, I too have this on order through Apollo. I was told when I ordered it, it would not ship until mid January or possibly February.
Yes. That’s the one.

Yes. That’s the one.
Ok, I know this part is brand new and was offered for pre-sale at a 20% discount, and it was disclosed it was not in stock and would not be available for possibly 2 months. So this leaves your taillights, I thought this had all been corrected as far as the wiring issue, so I can't speak to that.

As an upadte.

I just fit the passenger side smoked. No issues at all, took all of 5 mins.

@Nick@ApolloOptics is assisting me with Morimoto and the driver side, and he has been fantastic with response and interactions.

20221231_102302.jpg

20221231_102826.jpg

Is this the smoked taillight? Or is it a smoked clear?

This almost looks transparent with a black background versus a smoked lense.
I have them, they are smoked.

JAC

Yes. That’s the one.
Just wanted to follow-up on this. I checked my PMs and don't have any private messages from you so I'm unable to match the screen name with your real name or order. But I do want to clear some of the information here.

There are no known issues at this time for the Third Brake Lights. These are a brand new product and they were offered at a 20% discount during the Black Friday sales period and are a preorder product. The ETA is late January/early February and that date is on track so far from what we've heard from the manufacturer.

Now, on the initial taillights, they came in stock and shipped out about 50 sets of taillights. They then found an issue with the tails and every single set had to be corrected at Morimoto's HQ in Atlanta before they were ready to ship out. That said, this happened around the initial launch and shipping of the taillights. And the entire team at Morimoto agrees that they completely botched the launch of the taillights as far as delays, issues, and inventory problems. That said, things have normalized now.

We did have a brief run on the tails due to the popularity of the Black Friday sale and some were delayed for a week or two until Morimoto could catch up with inventory and we could fill orders. At this point, the tails are on backorder again, but the current ETA is 1/13.

The Boost Bars were all in stock and are still in stock and shipped immediately.

All of this said, all of our orders for taillights have all shipped out and we have no open orders. So if you ordered from us, you should have your taillights and boost bar. The only thing we're still waiting on are 3rd brake lights.

Feel free to send me a message and I'm happy to look into this further for you. Or feel free to follow-up on our previous email chain and I'll be happy to help you there as well.

Thank you,

Nick

Anybody wind up doing the boost bar with the tail lights? Worth it?

I have one waiting to be installed once my tails get here.

I like lights so I did it plus it seems to integrate and fill that space up there rather nicely.

Once I get it installed; I'll provide some feedback.

I have one waiting to be installed once my tails get here.

I like lights so I did it plus it seems to integrate and fill that space up there rather nicely.

Once I get it installed; I'll provide some feedback.
I am waiting on my replacement taillights. MORIMOTO is The hold up.

We had about 1/3 of all taillight customers add the boost bar. It's a nice little upgrade and being direct PnP with the tails is killer. One little hole to pass the wire through the bumper, one plug, a couple screws for the plate, and you're done.

Back