Mods 7.3

That’s great news! Still don’t know when mine will ship but excited to get them. Also still pending CAI, exhaust, and throttle body.
Shoot Josh an email, he'll let you know.

All I'm waiting for now is the Throttle Body....

MB

I'm not certain you are going to gain 70 HP from just that. Do a dyno run before and after.
Not a chance. I used to put air intakes on, they are a complete waste of money IMHO. If OEM could get free usable HP from an intake, you would already have it. The HP gains are always in the upper RPM band, and you will NEVER be there daily driving. A know a good Tune such as 5-Star changes the throttle response, shift strategies and its very noticeable on the 6.2. Its drastic on my tuned 2019 Raptor, not looking at building a 7.3 Tremor. It will be 5 Star Tuned as all my vehicles are.

Not a chance. I used to put air intakes on, they are a complete waste of money IMHO. If OEM could get free usable HP from an intake, you would already have it. The HP gains are always in the upper RPM band, and you will NEVER be there daily driving. A know a good Tune such as 5-Star changes the throttle response, shift strategies and its very noticeable on the 6.2. Its drastic on my tuned 2019 Raptor, not looking at building a 7.3 Tremor. It will be 5 Star Tuned as all my vehicles are.
While vendor math is fun, you're correct, a single component change will not produce the gains they advertise. Power is about the total system and while certain singular things can make for a cool seat-of-the-pants difference, the dyno tells all. I've upgraded the efficiency of air into and out of the engine along with the tune (5 Star Tuning), then there's a planned strong focus on the engine itself....intake, cam, heads, etc. I'll stay NA, but I'm working toward a significant increase in power and torque.

MB

While vendor math is fun, you're correct, a single component change will not produce the gains they advertise. Power is about the total system and while certain singular things can make for a cool seat-of-the-pants difference, the dyno tells all. I've upgraded the efficiency of air into and out of the engine along with the tune (5 Star Tuning), then there's a planned strong focus on the engine itself....intake, cam, heads, etc. I'll stay NA, but I'm working toward a significant increase in power and torque.

MB
Finally got my replacement headers installed. Now I’ve got exhaust and headers on but still no CAI or throttle body.

Finally got my replacement headers installed. Now I’ve got exhaust and headers on but still no CAI or throttle body.
Great news, but sound clip or it didn't happen.:D

I'm still waiting for the throttle body, but with the changes I've made, Gat is a total monster. The sound has evolved into an incredibly rich tone that really turns heads and it's not obnoxious in the cab.

MB

Great news, but sound clip or it didn't happen.:D

I'm still waiting for the throttle body, but with the changes I've made, Gat is a total monster. The sound has evolved into an incredibly rich tone that really turns heads and it's not obnoxious in the cab.

MB
I need to do a sound clip. Really need the intake side complete to see full gain, I’m pushing it out fast but not not bringing it in. Still very cool, sounds good , and does feel like there’s more power on tap!

I need to do a sound clip. Really need the intake side complete to see full gain, I’m pushing it out fast but not not bringing it in. Still very cool, sounds good , and does feel like there’s more power on tap!
Once I had everything in place, I put a few hundred miles on using the 5 Star 93 Daily tune. Once I had a good baseline, I went to the 93 Performce tune and OMG! What a monster.

MB

Once I had everything in place, I put a few hundred miles on using the 5 Star 93 Daily tune. Once I had a good baseline, I went to the 93 Performce tune and OMG! What a monster.

MB
Can’t wait!!!

Just ordered the procharger 8psi kit!
5 week eta
+700hp here we come 😎

Just ordered the procharger 8psi kit!
5 week eta
+700hp here we come 😎
Cool! Can't wait to hear more about this once it is on the truck!

Anyone knows of either a single or twin turbo kit for the 7.3 Gas ?

Awesome little perk with the supercharger. I’m averaging over 2mpg better fuel economy under normal driving conditions.
Was at 13.9mpg and now getting 16.2mpg. Obviously doing any WOPs changes that in a heartbeat 😂

Latest Discussions

Back