Modified's 2020 F250 Tremor Build

How do you like the Banks Ram Air? Is there much of a noticeable difference?

I'm really happy with it. It's hard to tell if there are any performance gains. I'll just trust Banks with their testing.

You can definitely hear a difference at low speeds. The intake provides a much deeper tone/growl at lower RPMs, turbo spool is definitely more pronounced.

Here's a quick video of the exhaust & intake. It's recorded with an iPhone mic, so not sure if the grunt really comes through.

Last edited:
I love the growl it has. Does the install affect the warranty at all?

What length arm and ball did you get?
On the passenger side, I'm using the medium length with the 20mm ball. On the driver's side, I'm using the small.

A few weeks ago, my truck celebrated its 3rd birthday. With all the positive reviews that have been posted on the forum, I decided it was time to upgrade the suspension with a new set of Bilstein 5100 shocks (Fronts 24-274951, Rears 24-274968) and Bilstein steering stabilizer (#24-286558).

modified-tremor-builder-shocks1.jpeg

modified-tremor-builder-shocks2.jpeg

modified-tremor-builder-shocks3.jpeg

modified-tremor-builder-shocks4.jpeg

I picked up the truck about a hour ago so I don't have much seat time but so far it feels great! It tracks much better on the road. The truck definitely has more of a planted feel when hitting bumps/uneven surfaces/train tracks. The ride is more firm, however my tires are running at a higher pressure since we've been traveling with the trailer. I'm really interested to see if there is any difference while towing.

I have about 20,000 miles on the stock duatracs and those will be replaced by the end of the week.

I'm hoping to be set for the next 3 years :)

A few weeks ago, my truck celebrated its 3rd birthday. With all the positive reviews that have been posted on the forum, I decided it was time to upgrade the suspension with a new set of Bilstein 5100 shocks (Fronts 24-274951, Rears 24-274968) and Bilstein steering stabilizer (#24-286558).

View attachment 131507

View attachment 131508

View attachment 131509

View attachment 131510

I picked up the truck about a hour ago so I don't have much seat time but so far it feels great! It tracks much better on the road. The truck definitely has more of a planted feel when hitting bumps/uneven surfaces/train tracks. The ride is more firm, however my tires are running at a higher pressure since we've been traveling with the trailer. I'm really interested to see if there is any difference while towing.

I have about 20,000 miles on the stock duatracs and those will be replaced by the end of the week.

Great choice! Can’t wait to hear your tire choice! 😎

View attachment 131507

View attachment 131508

View attachment 131509

View attachment 131510

Can't go wrong w Bilsteins. Got the B6 setup on my lifted wagon. They'll take a beating and last.

Bilsteins are a great choice, had them on previous 2 Super Dutys. Probably do my Tremor next year.

Great choice! Can’t wait to hear your tire choice! 😎

I decided to go back to the old faithful, Baja Champion, BFG KO2s. They've always been a solid & reliable tire in the past. My only gripe is they are a little slick in the rain. Since it doesn't rain much in Texas anymore, I figured it's something I don't have to worry about. :ROFLMAO:

I was really trying to hold out for the new KO3, but it doesn't sound like other sizes will be available until next year. The Yokohama Geolanders X-AT & MT Baja Boss were in also in the running. I thought running the 305/70r18 would work best for me, matching the height of the stock tire and being just over half an inch wider. The KO2s were the lightest of all these tires at 67 pounds and have a 3 ply sidewall. Every now and then you can catch these tires on sale at Discount Tire for $346/tire, so also a great bang for the buck. My local Discount Tire store has always provided good/quick service.

modified-bfg-ko2-1.jpeg

Here's a comparison between the old Goodyear Duratrac with 20,000 miles and the new KO2. The old tires were holding up well, but what a difference with these new ones!

modified-bfg-ko2-2.jpeg

amodified-bfg-ko2-4.jpeg

modified-bfg-ko2-5.jpeg

I decided to go back to the old faithful, Baja Champion, BFG KO2s. They've always been a solid & reliable tire in the past. My only gripe is they are a little slick in the rain. Since it doesn't rain much in Texas anymore, I figured it's something I don't have to worry about. :ROFLMAO:

I was really trying to hold out for the new KO3, but it doesn't sound like other sizes will be available until next year. The Yokohama Geolanders X-AT & MT Baja Boss were in also in the running. I thought running the 305/70r18 would work best for me, matching the height of the stock tire and being just over half an inch wider. The KO2s were the lightest of all these tires at 67 pounds and have a 3 ply sidewall. Every now and then you can catch these tires on sale at Discount Tire for $346/tire, so also a great bang for the buck. My local Discount Tire store has always provided good/quick service.

View attachment 131596

Here's a comparison between the old Goodyear Duratrac with 20,000 miles and the new KO2. The old tires were holding up well, but what a difference with these new ones!

View attachment 131597

View attachment 131598

View attachment 131599
Looking really good!

View attachment 131596

View attachment 131597

View attachment 131598

View attachment 131599
Beautiful! Can't go wrong with BFGs

Magnetic is such a great color! I saw one on the road the other day. The new wheels looks great with the new tires.

View attachment 131596

View attachment 131597

View attachment 131598

View attachment 131599
Looks great and is extremely functional! Wise choice! I didn't realize the side lugs were so promanate - so you really don't lose that "Tremor Look" from this swap!

View attachment 131507

View attachment 131508

View attachment 131509

View attachment 131510

How do you like them 5100 after a few weeks ?

How do you like them 5100 after a few weeks ?

So far so good! I feel like I finally have the truck dialed perfectly (for my use) with the combination of the new shocks/steering stabilizer and new tires.

Latest Discussions

Back