MiTremor906 Build - Wobblin' Goblin

Nice job and write-up as usual!!
Thank you sir, just trying to do my part of helping the team here on the forum. Figure someone might find some of my random babbling as useful. 🤣🤣🤣

Installed the BuiltRight rear seat release. Possibly rotate what stays back there vs what stays in the case in the bed. Thinking air hose and accessories for inflating/deflating during the summer and tow strap in winter to be able to get people out of the snow bank quickly.
20230507_195944.jpg
20230507_200013.jpg

Not sure I ever put a picture of my case of accessories that I keep in the bed. It's an old shipping crate for Aerospace returns that I got from work. Nice and thick with nice foam on the inside. Have another pistol sized one that isn't used yet.
20221127_175439.jpg

Installed the BuiltRight rear seat release. Possibly rotate what stays back there vs what stays in the case in the bed. Thinking air hose and accessories for inflating/deflating during the summer and tow strap in winter to be able to get people out of the snow bank quickly.
View attachment 119861View attachment 119862
Not sure I ever put a picture of my case of accessories that I keep in the bed. It's an old shipping crate for Aerospace returns that I got from work. Nice and thick with nice foam on the inside. Have another pistol sized one that isn't used yet.
View attachment 119866
There is a lot more room on the passenger side, but there is space for stuff on the driver side, too. I currently just have a tire repair kit sitting in front of the amp.

Hows the mount? Seems very universal on Rugged's listing but looks clean in your write up.

No clearance issues?

I am considering A pillar mounts for a future GMRS and HAM radio (one antenna on both A pillars) in addition to a pod style light.

SDHQ makes solid products but at $199.99 for two tiny mounts I am struggling justify the cost, though I know they are proven and tested.

Hows the mount? Seems very universal on Rugged's listing but looks clean in your write up.

No clearance issues?

I am considering A pillar mounts for a future GMRS and HAM radio (one antenna on both A pillars) in addition to a pod style light.

SDHQ makes solid products but at $199.99 for two tiny mounts I am struggling justify the cost, though I know they are proven and tested.
No issues at all with. I would definitely buy it again if I needed one.

Think there is enough stability to mount your small antenna and a small light with that bracket that allows you to mount 2x things on their a pillar mount?

Think there is enough stability to mount your small antenna and a small light with that bracket that allows you to mount 2x things on their a pillar mount?
I'd think so. My antenna doesn't move or shake at all. I assume the flat bracket is just as strong and that the light wouldn't be super big.

No clearance issues?

SDHQ mounts are incredibly strong. I have them with XL80s on my truck with zero shake. The NMO add-on mount from Rugged would work well.

We carry SDHQ, Rugged, and lighting as well. Feel free to reach out when you're ready to tackle this project and I'd be happy to help get you dialed in.

I guess I can update my build thread with my new tires. Went with the stock size 285/75r18 but Falken Wildpeak A/T4W. Never loved the Duratracs but couldn't justify getting rid of tires that had life in them. Got nearly 50k miles (49,709) out of them before I couldn't take it anymore. Because I never loved them, I didn't do a great job of rotating them so they ended up wearing very bad in the front and got very noisy. They still had a decent amount of tread left on them even after 50k miles and not being rotating often enough. So with proper care they definitely could have lasted longer. Not sure how much quieter they would have been had I rotated them more often.

But I love the new tires. Only have about 350 miles on them so they are still new but they are super quiet, and I feel quieter then the Duratracs originally were. I haven't had them in the snow yet but they feel much better and I have zero issues in the rain. A couple times when it was wet, I would try to get them to break loose and it was very hard to do.

20240316_112307.jpg
20240316_112329.jpg
20240316_112349.jpg

I guess I can update my build thread with my new tires. Went with the stock size 285/75r18 but Falken Wildpeak A/T4W. Never loved the Duratracs but couldn't justify getting rid of tires that had life in them. Got nearly 50k miles (49,709) out of them before I couldn't take it anymore. Because I never loved them, I didn't do a great job of rotating them so they ended up wearing very bad in the front and got very noisy. They still had a decent amount of tread left on them even after 50k miles and not being rotating often enough. So with proper care they definitely could have lasted longer. Not sure how much quieter they would have been had I rotated them more often.

But I love the new tires. Only have about 350 miles on them so they are still new but they are super quiet, and I feel quieter then the Duratracs originally were. I haven't had them in the snow yet but they feel much better and I have zero issues in the rain. A couple times when it was wet, I would try to get them to break loose and it was very hard to do.

View attachment 148800View attachment 148801View attachment 148802
Very nice!!

Back