Mirror Tap for Radar

TrackRat

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 Shelby GT350
Anyone hardwire their radar detector via the rear view mirror? Just installed a blend mount and tried tapping into the power going into the mirror. Zero luck. This was super easy on my Raptor... can’t figure out why this isn’t working. Red to red; black to black right?

Attachments

• 06C9D971-DD4C-4236-A3E7-40E610F7C658.jpeg
    06C9D971-DD4C-4236-A3E7-40E610F7C658.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 652
I suggest you test the voltage. I have found a number of 5v circuits in my truck. Not everything is 12v. You might not have enough power in what you are tapping into.

Man, I want a complete wiring diagram to answer these things definitively.

Ed

Makes total sense.... why didn’t I think to connect the red to the black and black to the green...
K40 has the best Radar detector money can buy. RL360di model. Its usually installed by an installer. Its hidden and in your dash board. I have it in all my rides. Its very costly though. They have Lazer Defusers that send a burst of un seen light strobes that make the Lazer not be able to get a signal. radar detector is in the bumper. you have a remote control fob that you can turn it on or louder or other functions. They even say they swear you wont get a ticket or they will pay it for you. For a dude that Lives by the Motto "RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT" I swear by their product.

K40 has the best Radar detector money can buy. RL360di model. Its usually installed by an installer. Its hidden and in your dash board. I have it in all my rides. Its very costly though. They have Lazer Defusers that send a burst of un seen light strobes that make the Lazer not be able to get a signal. radar detector is in the bumper. you have a remote control fob that you can turn it on or louder or other functions. They even say they swear you wont get a ticket or they will pay it for you. For a dude that Lives by the Motto "RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT" I swear by their product.
[/
1599765179692.png

Where did you hear about prices? I didnt see where they released them??? They've said repeatedly it will be under $1,000.
This one?

Valentine One for me. Have had it for 10+ years and I swear it has saved me from countless Ka band radar tickets.
Just got the new V1 and running it with an app through Bluetooth makes is way more useful and powerful than the old one. Upgrade recommended.

This one?
I was talking about thier new system called Thiea. Your gonna want to wait for that.

Back