Mirror on Mirror crime

adrummingdude

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2023 F250 Tremor - HO 6.7
Had a bit of mirror-on-mirror crime last week (I was the aggressor...should've seen the other guy). I don't really want to take it to the stealership lest they'll say "You need a whole new mirror...and probably that window trim too, door handle, you know, probably the whole door, and it wont match, so lets paint the truck...). No, Jim Bob, I juat need this little clear plastic piece. Has anyone replaced one of these, or know what the part is? Thanks!
Photo Jun 24 2024, 12 56 02 PM.jpg

Had a bit of mirror-on-mirror crime last week (I was the aggressor...should've seen the other guy). I don't really want to take it to the stealership lest they'll say "You need a whole new mirror...and probably that window trim too, door handle, you know, probably the whole door, and it wont match, so lets paint the truck...). No, Jim Bob, I juat need this little clear plastic piece. Has anyone replaced one of these, or know what the part is? Thanks!View attachment 160818
Just ask JimBob!

I’ve personally had to replace my drivers side light as a rock had hit it and cracked the plastic.
Not overly difficult but the glass will need to be removed which can be a pain. Once glass is removed it’s a pretty easy process. The light cost me more then I thought it should have cost though.

I may have a spare one in stock you can have (just pay shipping). Will check later.
Follow-up: I only have a driver’s side, not passenger.

I replaced the drivers side on my 2021 - suggest you use a site like Tasca that accepts your VIN for exact fitment because there are a few wire connection options in the mirror for cameras etc.

Imagine how many the Dodge guys must go through! 😄

The new GM ones are pretty bad too, they stick out really far. I got clipped by one while I was sitting in a turn lane a month or so ago. I was as far over in my lane as I could be and she still managed to clip mine. Thankfully other than some light scratches on the plastic trim, the whole assembly folded forward and the mirror glass popped out and flapped against the door/fender a bit and left some superficial scuffs on the paint, but the wire for the blindspot indicator kept it from completely falling off until I was able to pull into a parking lot where I was able to pop everything back together and check that everything was still working. The lady who hit me though, her mirror was completely destroyed.

Had a bit of mirror-on-mirror crime last week (I was the aggressor...should've seen the other guy). I don't really want to take it to the stealership lest they'll say "You need a whole new mirror...and probably that window trim too, door handle, you know, probably the whole door, and it wont match, so lets paint the truck...). No, Jim Bob, I juat need this little clear plastic piece. Has anyone replaced one of these, or know what the part is? Thanks!View attachment 160818

Sorry this happened! Best of luck with the repair.

Latest Discussions

Back