Mike's CG '21 F-350 Tremor

RAVAGE88

Tremoraholic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F-350 TREMOR
Current Ride #2
2019 H-D Electra Glide Standard
I've been posting the things I've been doing in my "F-350 On The Way" thread in the Introductions, but I felt it was time to move over here so everything is in the right spot.

My Ultimate Lariat/Black Appearance Tremor arrived at the dealer on Dec 8, eight days early, and I picked it up on Dec 9, after the winch was installed.
DBB2-CFE4-401-C-4505-9643-8-E81-FE529-F46.jpg

After picking it up, my son and I installed the Diamondback HD Tonneau Cover and the following day I drive up to Maine just to get it on the road and it was awesome. The following week,I had the Xpel Fusion Ceramic Coat applied and front windows tinted to match the rear.
E9-F44-A38-BBA7-42-B6-8-F99-30-E5-D5-CFDFBA.jpg

The next number of things were all done in Forscan. I purchased the OBDLink EX Scanner and got the software up and running pretty quickly. I turned on Bambi Mode, Police Idle Mode, turned the Double Honk off, turned the numerical value above the temp gauges on, enabled the ability to use the Navigation system while moving, in addition to replying to text messages through Sync. Seems like I'm forgetting a few things, so I'll update this part as things come to mind.

Next, I added the Hood Deflector Kit off the Ford Accessories website. The install was quick, but I felt it was a little loose fitting and sure enough, on the highway at 75 it buzzed like crazy. I used a few rubber bumpers I orders from eTrailer to tighten it up and now its perfect.

Today, I installed the Helwig 7320 Anti-Sway Bar in the rear. It took about 25 minutes and I first road tested in the middle position to see how it felt. After driving a while, I quickly changed the links to the softest position, which is what's recommended in the instructions, and after another test drive, found I preferred the softer position.

Stay tuned for the BDS Dual Steering Stabilizer and a complete AFE induction system made up of the Cold Air Intake, headers, mid pipe and cat back system.

MB

Last edited:
Hell yea that a sexy truck brother ... welcome to the club

I've been posting the things I've been doing in my "F-350 On The Way" thread in the Introductions, but I felt it was time to move over here so everything is in the right spot.

My Ultimate Lariat/Black Appearance Tremor arrived at the dealer on Dec 8, eight days early, and I picked it up on Dec 9, after the winch was installed.
DBB2-CFE4-401-C-4505-9643-8-E81-FE529-F46.jpg

After picking it up, my son and I installed the Diamondback HD Tonneau Cover and the following day I drive up to Maine just to get it on the road and it was awesome. The following week,I had the Xpel Fusion Ceramic Coat applied and front windows tinted to match the rear.
E9-F44-A38-BBA7-42-B6-8-F99-30-E5-D5-CFDFBA.jpg

The next number of things were all done in Forscan. I purchased the OBDLink EX Scanner and got the software up and running pretty quickly. I turned on Bambi Mode, Police Idle Mode, turned the Double Honk off, turned the numerical value above the temp gauges on, enabled the ability to use the Navigation system while moving, in addition to replying to text messages through Sync. Seems like I'm forgetting a few things, so I'll update this part as things come to mind.

Next, I added the Hood Deflector Kit off the Ford Accessories website. The install was quick, but I felt it was a little loose fitting and sure enough, on the highway at 75 it buzzed like crazy. I used a few rubber bumpers I orders from eTrailer to tighten it up and now its perfect.

Today, I installed the Helwig 7320 Anti-Sway Bar in the rear. It took about 25 minutes and I first road tested in the middle position to see how it felt. After driving a while, I quickly changed the links to the softest position, which is what's recommended in the instructions, and after another test drive, found I preferred the softer position.

Stay tuned for the BDS Dual Steering Stabilizer and a complete AFE induction system made up of the Cold Air Intake, headers, mid pipe and cat back system.

MB
I’m starting to really like this color

Well, the Momentum GT Cold Air Intake and Twisted Steel Headers from AFE have shipped. The Twisted Steel Mid Pipe and Cat Back System, also from AFE are due NLT sometime in March.

I poured over various tuners and opted for 5 Star Tuning NGauge with five custom tunes. I bounced back and forth between the AFE and 5 Star, but based on my research, I placed the order for the 5 Star today.

The Dual Stabilizer Kit is inbound and I'm trying to decide if I want to do the leveling kit. Other than looks, not sure what I'll gain by leveling it....

MB

I had a little time this morning, so I braved the cold and ripped out the OEM Cold Air Intake in favor of the AFE Momentum GT Cold Air Intake. Overall, I'm really liking the system and impressed with how accurate the molded parts are. Everything fit and aligned very well; an issue I've seen with other injection molded automotive parts.

Once I had the OEM system apart, it was pretty easy to see why it's such a cork in the intake. Flow management is less than ideal....but, the AFE is quite different. The instructions supplied by AFE were nicely written, so much so, that when the system arrived nearly two weeks ago and I opened the box, I read the instructions and never went back to them. The only departure under the hood relative to the instructions was removing the stock air box. The instructions say to lift the box to pop the grommets out of the sockets (paraphrasing), but on my truck (2021), this wasn't accurate. The inside bottom of the air box has a twist lock that has to be unlocked. Once the OEM system was removed, the AFE system went in very quickly. The hardware (clamps) are superior to what the OEM system uses.

Now, the part you guys are likely more interested in is, "did the new Cold Air Intake make a difference?" The short answer is, "yes, without a doubt." The engine sounds better, I have better throttle response and it really jumps when I nail the throttle. That's the best info I can provide until I can find a dyno nearby.

3316-E6-A1-B5-B7-45-FF-A4-F6-51-AD66-F0832-B.jpg

1-C2-C7-EEB-FB77-4-A25-8-D52-448368-D3-DC06.jpg

291-D895-E-CC7-E-4-B73-BE96-2697394-CBFED.jpg

I also had time to hook up my new nGauge Tuner from 5 Star Tuning to download the stock tune. This is necessary because the guys at 5 Star need the stock tune before they can provide the custom tunes....in my case, five custom tunes. Once I downloaded the stock tune, I removed the SD card from the nGauge, plugged it into a USB adapter, plugged the USB adapter into my Mac Book, opened the card, selected the Stock Files folder already on the SD card and immediately saw the file I downloaded from my truck. I simply attached that file to an email I sent to [email protected]. Very quick, very easy. I emailed the file at 4:10p and received a response from 5 Star Tuning at 4:18p letting me know I was in the queue and should see my custom tunes via email within two to four working days.

500-C8-E78-FE07-4690-9155-C44291611715.jpg

Now, all I'm waiting for are the headers and cat back system to show up from AFE. The mid pipe arrived first, followed closely by the cold air intake.

MB

Good looking Tremor! ?
Thanks, I'm enjoying it. I'm on the heels of @Iron Man and will install my SDHQ pillar mounts and BD XL80s as soon as I can. Donnie went with the LP6s and I've been wondering if I shoulda gone that route.

MB

Sweet Ride Mike. You are quite handy. I’m looking forward to seeing your build. I’m sure it’s going to be show material, as are your bikes. Post many pics. The more the better. We all drool to see these sexy beasts , especially waiting for the Tremor to show up at your dealer.
You got got all the paint bug not the bumpers. Why didn’t you get the bumpers done. Are you going to some acrylic on her. I’m very close to finding a shop on LI to do my truck up. Didn’t know how much to get wrapped. What did it cost you so I have a reverence to compare. Thanks again brother Mike. ??????
Don ?

Sweet Ride Mike. You are quite handy. I’m looking forward to seeing your build. I’m sure it’s going to be show material, as are your bikes. Post many pics. The more the better. We all drool to see these sexy beasts , especially waiting for the Tremor to show up at your dealer.
You got got all the paint bug not the bumpers. Why didn’t you get the bumpers done. Are you going to some acrylic on her. I’m very close to finding a shop on LI to do my truck up. Didn’t know how much to get wrapped. What did it cost you so I have a reverence to compare. Thanks again brother Mike. ??????
Don ?
Thanks Dude!

I should ask about the bumpers, I didn't request that they not coat them, but the paint feels incredibly smooth and slick and the bumpers do not....so I've assumed they didn't coat the bumpers.

You're not far from Automobilia, where I had mine done; they're halfway between you and I. They have nice loaner vehicles and my truck took about a day and a half. Solid Dudes and they know what the heck they're doing, been around for more than twenty years and do lots of high end cars....they had a shop full of Porsche, Ranger Rover and a couple Ferrari's while I was there.

MB

Good to know. It came out fantastic. Love the shine. It’s so worth it. ???????

Good to know. It came out fantastic. Love the shine. It’s so worth it. ???????
They thoroughly clay and color correct the paint, so it has tons of depth after, prior to applying the Ceramic Coat. I'm highly pleased with the outcome and taking my Wife's car down soon.

MB

They thoroughly clay and color correct the paint, so it has tons of depth after, prior to applying the Ceramic Coat. I'm highly pleased with the outcome and taking my Wife's car down soon.

MB
I want to get some of the truck PDFed and then have it ceramic coated with it. Just for shits and giggles. I’m wondering if I should wait a month and a half to have my Carli Pintop suspension installed first. Thoughts? Damn spellcheck is so horrible on the phone. I have to re read everything always. I’m always sending it out and words are mumbo jumbo. What did it cost you.
Thanks ?

I want to get some of the truck PDFed and then have it ceramic coated with it. Just for shits and giggles. I’m wondering if I should wait a month and a half to have my Carli Pintop suspension installed first. Thoughts? Damn spellcheck is so horrible on the phone. I have to re read everything always. I’m always sending it out and words are mumbo jumbo. What did it cost you.
Thanks ?
I would do the ceramic sooner than later, but I do the majority of the heavy lifting on the mechanical stuff. I saw the Dude reaching through your window to test the LP6s as he was raking himself across your paint and that shit drives me nuts.

MB

Yeah it made me cringe also seeing him do that. Good advice Thanks Mike ???????

Back