Mickey Thompson Baha Boss A/T

Avalon911RS

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Varies
Not sure if they are new or not, but I see MT offers this tire in LT 305/70R18 and its approved for 8" wide rims. Looks to be a great alternative for those of us that would like to go a little wider and stay with the stock wheels. 35.3" O.D. and 12.2" section width. Good looking hybrid tire and I think its 3PMS rated. Only downside is they are heavy at 75lbs per tire. For comparison, I think the stock Duratracs are only 61lbs. I plan to do some more research, but this Baha Boss A/T could be a top pic for a stock Tremor. Anyone have any experience with this tire?

After lots of research its my choice for my next tire!......no experience however......currently have Cooper STT Pro MT's.

I've read really good reviews on these tires except for having them balanced.

Check out this thread:

I've read really good reviews on these tires except for having them balanced.

Check out this thread:
I have this size in BFG AT/KO2. Perfect size in my opinion. Photo for size reference.

Attachments

• 887056B7-0630-4950-B342-3522FB343A0C.jpeg
    887056B7-0630-4950-B342-3522FB343A0C.jpeg
    614.4 KB · Views: 362
I have this size in BFG AT/KO2. Perfect size in my opinion. Photo for size reference.
I agree, however they are on a national backorder right now. I’ve been trying to get a set for a few months!

I agree, however they are on a national backorder right now. I’ve been trying to get a set for a few months!
You are correct my friend! I have tried the same. I have a new tremor coming…. At some point in March I think and was going to go ahead and get a set of BFG’s to swap out with the dealer, no dice!

It is on my top 5 list. However, it may get bumped off by the Baja Legend EXP. Only because it’s more of a hybrid with larger tread blocks and voids. Slightly lighter too in the 37x12.50r17.

Oh,yeah, they're 'DOT' approved - Death On Transmissions!

Thought the KO2 minimum was 8.5 inch rim... Aren't stock rims 8 inch?? Will tire shops freak out over the .5 inch?

Thought the KO2 minimum was 8.5 inch rim... Aren't stock rims 8 inch?? Will tire shops freak out over the .5 inch?
You are correct. I pay attention to stuff like this, and try to stay within spec.

However this is a pretty small margin. I think that’s a personal decision. Trust me if your tire shop won’t install them, find a new one.

My dealer installed them, they couldn’t care less. They tried to talk me into 37’s.

Not sure if they are new or not, but I see MT offers this tire in LT 305/70R18 and its approved for 8" wide rims. Looks to be a great alternative for those of us that would like to go a little wider and stay with the stock wheels. 35.3" O.D. and 12.2" section width. Good looking hybrid tire and I think its 3PMS rated. Only downside is they are heavy at 75lbs per tire. For comparison, I think the stock Duratracs are only 61lbs. I plan to do some more research, but this Baha Boss A/T could be a top pic for a stock Tremor. Anyone have any experience with this tire?
Everyone is out of them I can’t find anybody with them in stock even when they say this size is available

But have only tried 4 tire shops and 14x4shop

Last edited:
It is on my top 5 list. However, it may get bumped off by the Baja Legend EXP. Only because it’s more of a hybrid with larger tread blocks and voids. Slightly lighter too in the 37x12.50r17.

Interesting. This is the first time I've heard of those tires. The weight is impressive for an AT tire.

I like the KO2s a lot. I consider them almost the gold standard in many respects. My only reluctance is the KO2s are not manufacturer approved for the stock 8" rims. I am not knowledgeable enough to think that would make them unsafe (I highly doubt it), but I simply have concerns from an insurance standpoint. I can't understand why Ford couldn't put 8.5" rims on these trucks.

I just ordered Baja boss AT’s 305/70/18 for stock wheels and surprisingly they were in stock out of Edmonton. Now just waiting until the duratracs wear out. Anyone install these yet ??

No...but soon.....same size

Back