F 🌲 50
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
Current Ride
2021 F350 6.7 Tremor Lithium Gray
First Responder
Retired LEO
Hey Brothers and Sisters take a moment and think about and remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice. I lowered our flag this morning and said a prayer that our country keep the freedoms that we all have enjoyed. A solemn day to say the least. ?????????

71AE1E9B-DD9B-49CB-A548-A824AFA06C19.jpeg

Last edited:
Happy Memorial Day y'all ? ??
Sorry brother, for us Vets it’s not a very happy day especially all those that have served and lost brothers and sisters. It’s more of a very solemn somber day and day of remembrance. Just my view point as a combat Vet.

Thanks all for being such a great group of folks. Like mentioned above, Memorial Day is a solemn day, to take pause and reflect and remember. To give thanks to all those that have gone, in the name of freedom, without pause or hesitation. If you are ever able to go to Europe and visit one of the many cemetaries, filled with white crosses and stars of David, it is a moving and level setting experience. Rows and rows of markers, of Fathers, sons, husbands, uncles.....most taken before they had a chance to live their life, but given in defense of freedom and in support of an oath to the ideals of a document. We just have to ensure with so many distractors this day and age, that we dont allow those sacrafices to be lost or underscored....for it is only because of those scarafices so many claim that they have the right to........ fill in the blank. Freedom is not, never has been and never will be free. Thank you all for all your wisdom on this forum, and thank you all for remembering our brothers and sisters today, gone but not forgotten.
The picture is me at the Alsac-Lorraine Military cemetary in France. It is at the grave of my great uncle killed during the battle of the bulge. He was 20 years old, I was the first and only relative from his wifes side of the family to ever visit him.

Thank you

Attachments

• 81F5370D-FEEE-4181-8C03-129B95B282D5.jpeg
    81F5370D-FEEE-4181-8C03-129B95B282D5.jpeg
    411.7 KB · Views: 17
I really don't like today because it has become just another day for losers and drunks to act stupid. However, some few still take it seriously so to them I say Thank You!

8 years ago two British artists, one of whom is my cousin, undertook to honour D-Day fallen. They organized a small army of volunteers, many of them French, to create 9000 images on the sands of Gold Beach representing the number of Brits who died there THAT DAY.

E95F2935-D0C5-4951-A305-F2880731FE60.jpeg

Here's the story:

As a personal aside my wife grew up in France. She has many stories of how thankful the French were for the sacrifices our boys made for their freedom. My aunt also spent years there just after the war working for the US Army and she also has many stories. Of course there are not many left there who remember the war but outside the big cities there is still respect for Americans. It's kind of the same here, n'est ce pas?

Last edited:
I really don't like today because it has become just another day for losers and drunks to act stupid. However, some few still take it seriously so to them I say Thank You!

8 years ago two British artists, one of whom is my cousin, undertook to honour D-Day fallen. They organized a small army of volunteers, many of them French, to create 9000 images on the sands of Gold Beach representing the number of Brits who died there THAT DAY.

View attachment 25021

Here's the story:

As a personal aside my wife grew up in France. She has many stories of how thankful the French were for the sacrifices our boys made for their freedom. My aunt also spent years there just after the war working for the US Army and she also has many stories. Of course there are not many left there who remember the war but outside the big cities there is still respect for Americans. It's kind of the same here, n'est ce pas?
It is so.

My great grandfather, my father, my son served. I served as an engineer contracting for the Air Force. God BLESS this great nation!!!?????????

Back