Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
USAF Gulf War Vet
Current Ride
6.7 liter Tremor
First Responder
Retired LEO
The Tremor rims really hang on to the brownish colored brake dust. I decided to give Meguiar’s hot rims aluminum wheel cleaner a try. I soaped up the rims sprayed the cleaner on and it really worked well. I still needed to wash the rim with a soapy terry cloth towel, but no brake dust residue after I was finished. The OEM brake pads really throw a lot of brake dust.
Just a little positive feedback on a product that works well and won’t damage the rim finish.

A9048B6C-2B63-473C-B71B-959D985D44EF.jpeg
50A5C4BD-BC41-41D1-BECE-282A8173191C.jpeg

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Blue Truck
Current Ride #2
Bigger Blue Truck
Thx, good to know..

I did not ceramic coat my wheels but often I wish is did. The satin finish on the wheels is tough to clean. I will replace them at some point just not sure when. I like the look of the factory wheels except they are too narrow for the truck and the center caps are flimsy.

OP
Patriot

Patriot

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
USAF Gulf War Vet
Current Ride
6.7 liter Tremor
First Responder
Retired LEO
Thx, good to know..

I did not ceramic coat my wheels but often I wish is did. The satin finish on the wheels is tough to clean. I will replace them at some point just not sure when. I like the look of the factory wheels except they are too narrow for the truck and the center caps are flimsy.
Agreed...same here at some point I may order a set of Black Rhinos...or Methods. I have an ARE Z topper on order, so one step at a time for me. 👍🏻

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Blue Truck
Current Ride #2
Bigger Blue Truck

davidb1841

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
USAF Ret
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Tremor Velocity Blue
Current Ride #2
2019 Ford Edge SEL
The Tremor rims really hang on to the brownish colored brake dust. I decided to give Meguiar’s hot rims aluminum wheel cleaner a try. I soaped up the rims sprayed the cleaner on and it really worked well. I still needed to wash the rim with a soapy terry cloth towel, but no brake dust residue after I was finished. The OEM brake pads really throw a lot of brake dust.
Just a little positive feedback on a product that works well and won’t damage the rim finish.

View attachment 6837
View attachment 6838
I have to do mine this week...going to get some tommorrow

Latest Discussions

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge