F 🌲 50
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
Current Ride
2021 F350 6.7 Tremor Lithium Gray
First Responder
Retired LEO
The Tremor rims really hang on to the brownish colored brake dust. I decided to give Meguiar’s hot rims aluminum wheel cleaner a try. I soaped up the rims sprayed the cleaner on and it really worked well. I still needed to wash the rim with a soapy terry cloth towel, but no brake dust residue after I was finished. The OEM brake pads really throw a lot of brake dust.
Just a little positive feedback on a product that works well and won’t damage the rim finish.

A9048B6C-2B63-473C-B71B-959D985D44EF.jpeg
50A5C4BD-BC41-41D1-BECE-282A8173191C.jpeg

Thx, good to know..

I did not ceramic coat my wheels but often I wish is did. The satin finish on the wheels is tough to clean. I will replace them at some point just not sure when. I like the look of the factory wheels except they are too narrow for the truck and the center caps are flimsy.

Thx, good to know..

I did not ceramic coat my wheels but often I wish is did. The satin finish on the wheels is tough to clean. I will replace them at some point just not sure when. I like the look of the factory wheels except they are too narrow for the truck and the center caps are flimsy.

Agreed...same here at some point I may order a set of Black Rhinos...or Methods. I have an ARE Z topper on order, so one step at a time for me. ??

The Tremor rims really hang on to the brownish colored brake dust. I decided to give Meguiar’s hot rims aluminum wheel cleaner a try. I soaped up the rims sprayed the cleaner on and it really worked well. I still needed to wash the rim with a soapy terry cloth towel, but no brake dust residue after I was finished. The OEM brake pads really throw a lot of brake dust.
Just a little positive feedback on a product that works well and won’t damage the rim finish.

View attachment 6837
View attachment 6838
I have to do mine this week...going to get some tommorrow

Found the cure for the brake dust.
Power Stop brake pads. Front: Z36-1680
Power Stop Rear: Z36-1691

Found the cure for the brake dust.
Power Stop brake pads. Front: Z36-1680
Power Stop Rear: Z36-1691
Snake Pit talked about them. So i asked him for help and he sent me the link for exactly what to get. I went with Power Stop Brake Set Up Pads and Rotors Front and back. 640$ with tax and shipping but im getting my truck this month finally. So besides the brake dust do they work well. How much of an improvement. Chris had that accident and said he could not stop his truck quick enough. He had a truck cam that showed the accident. There was a weeks worth of chatter about it and went an ordered mine. So a review my man.

Snake Pit talked about them. So i asked him for help and he sent me the link for exactly what to get. I went with Power Stop Brake Set Up Pads and Rotors Front and back. 640$ with tax and shipping but im getting my truck this month finally. So besides the brake dust do they work well. How much of an improvement. Chris had that accident and said he could not stop his truck quick enough. He had a truck cam that showed the accident. There was a weeks worth of chatter about it and went an ordered mine. So a review my man.
I have found they work much better than stock, and I have a lighter engine than the diesel, I would hate to see how it stops with the factory pads. I have Zero brake dust, I'm going to pull my wheels off this weekend to clean the remaining red/brown dust off of them.
I did not change rotors, I will when these wear out.
Excited for you to get your truck. Stay healthy.

Latest Discussions

Back