Meet "Silver Fox" ( the Tremor saver )

PapaRaptor

Tremor Maniac
Reaction Points
Current Ride
6.7 F350 Tremor "Velocity" Blue Lariat Sport
Current Ride #2
7.3 F350 Iconic silver THE SILVER FOX
Just brought him home so I don't have to do my landscaping and dirty work with my Tremor. He is in the second most coolest color available " Iconic Silver" :cool:

An XL chassis but he has some cool options, 7.3 Godzilla, up fitter switches, dual battery, 397 alt. 4:30 gears, power group. Not like a Lariat or Platinum but I am impressed with the features on a base truck. This guy will qualify for the winch too but doubt I will add that.

I just remotely turned him on with my Ford Pass APP so I am pretty excited. Kinda wish my Tremor was the 7.3 and this guy was the 6.7.

Now I can give a comparison on the two engines. I can tell you the sound of the 7.3 is awesome. Not sure if its less insulation in the XL cab or the lack of a box, but it is much louder than my 6.7 Tremor. I like that!!!!!

Lots more room under the hood compared to the 6.7.

He has a plate with a 2 1/2 " receiver and the sticker says 18,000 towing cap.
I was going to order out a 2022 but can't get solid numbers on the dump body due to the unknown steel cost increases plus the build date could be a long wait. My old truck did not have A/C and the required maintenance and repairs were going to add up. So I pulled the trigger! Off to work now!
IMG_7059.jpeg
IMG_7064.jpeg

Nice rig! I’m interested in your comparison.
Let's give it a few weeks and I will write something up. Both have the 10 speed but it acts so different. More sporty or ornery than the 6.7 ( 6.7 shifts less and is smoother but we are not broke in either).

I'm jealous of your turn signal mirrors. My XL+STX HAS THE POWER GROUP but came with plain jane mirrors. I think it was a parts-bin situation w/ Ford due to covid. But it sucks that I'm going to have to buy mirrors now. I've even confirmed the pin-out pattern on the connectors and my truck is already pre-wired for the mirrors w/ turn signals/other lights and even BLIS---it just doesn't have the tail lights or the turn signal mirrors.

I'm jealous of your turn signal mirrors. My XL+STX HAS THE POWER GROUP but came with plain jane mirrors. I think it was a parts-bin situation w/ Ford due to covid. But it sucks that I'm going to have to buy mirrors now. I've even confirmed the pin-out pattern on the connectors and my truck is already pre-wired for the mirrors w/ turn signals/other lights and even BLIS---it just doesn't have the tail lights or the turn signal mirrors.
thats Odd ( maybe the STX part had something to do with it), I must say I was impressed with the fixings I got with this XL package chassis. The seats are really comfortable. I just need to get it plugged into Forscan and drop the air pressure in the tires. They are set at 75 psi, I want to drop them down for most of the time and will bump them up for heavy hauling. It does ride much more harsh than the F350 Tremor. I think the dump body conversion people swapped out the spring packs you can see the bolts were removed. Unless the Chassis comes with that type pack.

thats Odd ( maybe the STX part had something to do with it), I must say I was impressed with the fixings I got with this XL package chassis. The seats are really comfortable. I just need to get it plugged into Forscan and drop the air pressure in the tires. They are set at 75 psi, I want to drop them down for most of the time and will bump them up for heavy hauling. It does ride much more harsh than the F350 Tremor. I think the dump body conversion people swapped out the spring packs you can see the bolts were removed. Unless the Chassis comes with that type pack.
If you go to the truck builder tool on ford's website right now and select the power equipment group on an XL+STX it adds turn signal mirrors.

You should get them to swap them out. Like you said must have just jumbled the parts to get that one out the door. It's not what it is supposed to be so the dealer can solve it and just bill Ford.

You should get them to swap them out. Like you said must have just jumbled the parts to get that one out the door. It's not what it is supposed to be so the dealer can solve it and just bill Ford.
I think once I signed that "Nothing promised, nothing owed." document that pretty much seals the deal. I'm stuck w/ them. I can't think of any dealer who would be interested in helping me/investing their money and time in it unless they got something in exchange.

Hate that form! Just signed it with the silver fox deal. I did not purchase from my normal dealership. this one kinda sucked but they had the unit I wanted. I would not go back there for another purchase.

Sweet rig papa. I bought a 14’ dump trailer for the same reason, but its a chevette compared to that bad chicken. Interested in to hear your comparison of the engines.

Back