Measurement from fifth wheel hitch to back of the cab.

Bitsniffer

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2000 Jeep Wrangler
Current Ride #2
2022 F-350 6.7L Lariat Tremor, Iconic Silver
Awaiting new 2022 Tremor and about to pick up new Fifth wheel trailer. Can someone give me the measurement from center of fifth wheel hitch to back of cab on a 6.75' bed? I order the puck system and want to use a new B&W Companion, non-sliding hitch. Fifth Wheel Trailer is 8' wide, so I need more than around 52" from hitch center to cab to clear trailer on tight turns. Dealer said I don't need sliding hitch or rotating pin box, but I don't have the truck to do the measurement. My current Raptor has 5.5' bed, so no help.

It is only about 36". Give or take an inch. I measured from the center of my gooseneck ball to the front of the bed. There is approximately 1.5" from the rear window to the bed, so you can add that. I don't know exactly where the 5th wheel pin is in relation to the gooseneck ball, but they are probably close to concentric.

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for taking the time to measure this. Greatly appreciated. Could not find this distance referenced anywhere online.

Even with the B&W Companion, you can move the risers to be in the rearward orientation which may give an inch. 36"+1.5"+up to 4" from hitch positioning = 41.5" There won't be 10.5" in difference from gooseneck ball to fifth wheel center point. Will go with the rotating pin box vs the sliding hitch. Would rather not wait 3 to 4 months for a new pickup, hopefully not longer, and then crush the back of the cab with the trailer or crush the corner of the trailer. Just want to have mama forget to look or a tight turn and bam, there goes the back window.

I have heard that the recommended location of the center of the pin is between 2"-6" in front of the axle center line. So long as that is where you are then you will probably be good.

I have heard that the recommended location of the center of the pin is between 2"-6" in front of the axle center line. So long as that is where you are then you will probably be good.
That's the problem. Can't get the distance to clear the cab so to be in front of the axle, will need sliding hitch or rotating pin box. I plan on the rotating pin box with Air shock - 5th Airborne pinbox with sidewinder from Reese.

Back