Jacono64

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Miltary
Army Veteran
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor w/6.7L Powerstroke
Hey everyone,
Thanks for the add. Ive scoured the forums and I was unable to find a thread that fulfilled my inquiry.
I have a SRW F250 Tremor with the 6.7L PS, 10,800# GVWR, max cargo payload of 2789#, and High Capacity Tow Trailer Package with PTBA. Ive been considering installing the 5th wheel/gooseneck prep package prior to spray-in bed/undercoat, but I cant find consistent numbers on max 5th wheel towing capacities.
Im a “rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it” type of man, but what is the max tow on a 5th wheel with these specs? Ive seen numbers ranging from 15k-23k. Any links or references would be great too. Thank you.

davidb1841

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
USAF Ret
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Tremor Velocity Blue
Current Ride #2
2019 Ford Edge SEL
Hey everyone,
Thanks for the add. Ive scoured the forums and I was unable to find a thread that fulfilled my inquiry.
I have a SRW F250 Tremor with the 6.7L PS, 10,800# GVWR, max cargo payload of 2789#, and High Capacity Tow Trailer Package with PTBA. Ive been considering installing the 5th wheel/gooseneck prep package prior to spray-in bed/undercoat, but I cant find consistent numbers on max 5th wheel towing capacities.
Im a “rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it” type of man, but what is the max tow on a 5th wheel with these specs? Ive seen numbers ranging from 15k-23k. Any links or references would be great too. Thank you.
Anything over 11k lbs 5th wheel and your going to exceed your cargo capacity......actually you probably need to be under 11K to be legal because your pin weight will be at least 2K that leaves you 7-800 for cargo and passengers. And that scenario is maxing out the numbers to tow legally.

OP
J

Jacono64

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Miltary
Army Veteran
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor w/6.7L Powerstroke
Anything over 11k lbs 5th wheel and your going to exceed your cargo capacity......actually you probably need to be under 11K to be legal because your pin weight will be at least 2K that leaves you 7-800 for cargo and passengers. And that scenario is maxing out the numbers to tow legally.
Thanks for the rapid response! Based on the numbers Ive been crunching, the 5th wheel
option isnt feasible. I know if i was 5th wheel towing regularly, then the 350 wouldve been the better fit. Wifey and I are in the market for a boat/camper too so I wanted to re-evaluate the 5th wheel option.
Thanks again for your rapid response.