Maintenance Questions

Hunterman

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Chevy 2500JD
So I have been a Chevy guy for a long time but giving serious consideration to the new Tremor because it looks pretty awesome and has a lot more HP and torque then the new GM trucks. I do 90% of the maintenance on my truck because I don’t trust most shops or dealerships to do things 100% right all the time. So my questions that maybe someone can answer....

how easy is this truck to work on? I heard a lot of issues with ford trucks require you to lift the body.

Is there a way to easily drain and fill the transmission? I keep my trucks for 300k miles and don’t believe in “life time transmission fluid” in some of the newer trucks that are coming out.

how about the transfer case for 4wd. Easy to access for drain and fill and the front and rear differentials?

I like the GM trucks because they keep all this pretty simple and accessible but DAM these new tremors will probably convert a lot of guys like me....if I can work on them myself.

richtor

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Race Red F250 Tremor
If it’s a 7.3 it should be fairly easy. I would not want to work on the powerstroke.
Tranny and differential fluid should be good for 50k-100k miles. This should be fairly straight forward too with a fluid pump.

Rock Taxi

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7l King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2004 and 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
If it’s a 7.3 it should be fairly easy. I would not want to work on the powerstroke.
Tranny and differential fluid should be good for 50k-100k miles. This should be fairly straight forward too with a fluid pump.
You are correct on that! I can't even see the spark plugs on the Powerstroke. ?

Differentials are easy. I have not looked extensively, but have not found the fill plug on the 10 speed transmission yet.

Ed

Cococounty

King ranch 6.7
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 king ranch
Haven’t even looked into the oil change yet on the 6.7 always had Cummins which was super easy to work on but the power and the torque of these diesels is unbelievable I know the cabs have to come off if you do any head work but everything else you can get to

OP
H

Hunterman

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Chevy 2500JD
Yeah I think it would be very very hard to find spark plugs on a Diesel engine....haha

I agree about 50-100k miles on tranny fluid per most manuals but I am a little anal about stuff and would probably never get to 50k miles on any fluid in my truck with the way I drive and towing 15k pounds around 10-12k miles a year. But that’s just me and I know a lot of guys do without any issues

PapaRaptor

Tremor Maniac
Reaction Points
Current Ride
6.7 F350 Tremor "Velocity" Blue Lariat Sport
Current Ride #2
7.3 F350 Iconic silver THE SILVER FOX
Oil change is easy as it gets, the axles are Dana and very easy to change fluids.
I don't plan on Tranny or transfer box for a few seasons unless there is a problem, but should be a breeze. No plugs to change on a 6.7
just add diesel and drive. The air filter is a tight fit but comes out just take your time and make sure it seated well.

Its an easier oil change than my 2015 d max the filter and drain plug are easier to reach plus the truck sits up higher so easy to crawl under.

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge