Maintenance items online:

Prospect

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F250
Has anyone found a good online source for oil filters, fuel fiIters, cabin air filters and such? I want to find genuine parts at a fair cost.

I plan to switch over to Amsoil products. I have a commercial account and can purchase online.

Their price points are all over the place. So beware of what you pay with them.

The oil is great and filters ( expensive ) but good too. My Truck was a quart low after a few hundred miles so I added a quart of the Amsoil . For Brake pads, probably "tire rack".

I just bought two 5-quart bottles of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w-30 on Amazon, $22 apiece, and a K&N oil filter. I didn't see much out there for the 7.3gas engines yet.

The oil filter is the same motorcraft fl820s that has been a mainstay for years and you can get at any parts store or Wal-Mart. I would not use anything else.

I saw a cutaway years ago with different oil filters and it was eye opening I used to use fram filters but I won't touch them now especially the air filters that come apart. Motorcraft oil filters were very well made and they are inexpensive. I am sure you could find great quality with the more expensive filters but as far as oil these motors were developed using motorcraft filters and the media alone can dictate the flow rate and personally I am more comfortable using oem when it comes to oil filters. I also have a 6.0 powerstroke and as far as fuel filters I only use motorcraft and racor which is the same. There have been a lot of 6 liters screwed up because of faulty aftermarket fuel filters. Just my 2 cents.

Back