Magnaflow catback for 2020-2021 F250/350 7.3L engines

Driftwood

First Tremor on Methods!
Retired Mod ⚒️
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor 7.3L Lariat w/ Ultimate & Sport
I didn't see this posted anywhere, but Magnaflow has an exhaust option now for our 7.3L engines:

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but Magnaflow has an exhaust option now for our 7.3L engines:

Nice! Curious to hear it ok a truck. Any word on the other kit they’re making with two pipes coming out the side?

There's 2 videos on that link, but I don't get sound from either of them.

Thanks for sharing ! :)

It doesn't list what type of SS material it is made from. If 409 they can keep it. It will rust out up here in the salt covered roads. Only 304 SS will last up here.

It doesn't list what type of SS material it is made from. If 409 they can keep it. It will rust out up here in the salt covered roads. Only 304 SS will last up here.

I emailed Magnaflow to ask what kind of SS they use.

I got an email back from Magnaflow today:

"Good afternoon,

The steel we use is going to be 409 grade Stainless Steel. If you have any further questions please contact us at 1-800-990-0905 anywhere between 7am-5pm PST.

Thank you. "

Well that sucks eh? I'm not a big fan of magna flow anyway.

I went with the MBRP Stainless system, its 304 with a lifetime warranty. With all the salt that gets dumped on the roads in the upper midwest I wanted something that would last.

yep 409 is going to rust out I will try and post some pictures of my AFE off my Ruby, only one winter and it is all corroded and rusty crusty looking. Stay with a 304 SS that is quality made. I personally think the sound quality is better with a nice heave gauge 304 SS.

yep 409 is going to rust out I will try and post some pictures of my AFE off my Ruby, only one winter and it is all corroded and rusty crusty looking. Stay with a 304 SS that is quality made. I personally think the sound quality is better with a nice heave gauge 304 SS.
AFE's side pipes are 409, I think they'll be ok for a little bit but I'm on the coast, probably not what I should get huh?

AFE's side pipes are 409, I think they'll be ok for a little bit but I'm on the coast, probably not what I should get huh?
probably fine just salt water They use calcium chloride on the roads and some other corrosive liquid pre storm or ice days. Things rust out fast.

Back