Cutting It Loose In My Silver Spruce
TOTM Winner
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 6.7 F250 Super Duty Tremor Lariat Ultimate BAP
Current Ride #2
2022 KTM 500 EXC-F Six Days
I’m supposed to pick up my truck in a few hours and I wanted the dealership to lower my low psi alarm settings in the TPMS to 55. I’m planning on running 60-65 unloaded. Air up when hauling etc. At first salesman said no problem. Now he calls me today and says the technician said it can’t be done. I called BS and sent them screen shots form this site (another reason it’s awesome) and sent them to the sales manager. He wrote me back and said it’s now not a matter of if, it’s a matter of can they do it due to liability. He said he would look into it. Are there any of you out there that had this lowered at the dealership, and if so, can you give me the name and location of said dealership? I texted him back saying I would gladly sign something taking on liability for lowering the settings. I’ve heard nothing back. If anyone has done this, please reply back.

Mine won’t do it either, I run 38; 48 front empty.....

More than 1 dealer has refused to do this,,,,,,I just run with the stupid idiot light....eventually I will change it with Forscan -- like others on here have already done.

More than 1 dealer has refused to do this,,,,,,I just run with the stupid idiot light....eventually I will change it with Forscan -- like others on here have already done.
Yep, I don’t have the balls to mess with forscan , yet.

It’s maddening that you are forced to run with the idiot light always on or pay money/bribe a dude with a case of beer to get something as simple as that accomplished. I’m a big boy and I can adjust tire pressure depending on the situation.

Just use forscan its so easy. Plus you can do so many more things.

Forscan is super safe to use ... If you fuck you can set to default ... Also can save the file on your computer for stock and always upload the stock file if you need to ... Like when you sell it ... Over leave it ... Also the support for forscan they are fucking amazing and stand behind there product... You can get a free license or pay $10 and get it for a year ... They helped me out with a problem only I am having .... Gave me a custom build of the software for me to use and everything works ... Zero issues and yea I have a one off software but they are always willing to help they helped me for a week straight to make a one off version for me ... And I only paid $10 for the license... So fuck it ... It is so worth the time and maybe a few dollars to use forscan it is a game changer for ford's

I honestly don’t own a laptop. I do basically everything off my phone. I have a desktop, but it’s rarely used and I doubt would work for this application. ? And that’s basically all I want to do to it, so to buy the software and some way to use it, and to spend the time and effort learning how to program it, it doesn’t seem worth it.

Forscan is super safe to use ... If you fuck you can set to default ... Also can save the file on your computer for stock and always upload the stock file if you need to ... Like when you sell it ... Over leave it ... Also the support for forscan they are fucking amazing and stand behind there product... You can get a free license or pay $10 and get it for a year ... They helped me out with a problem only I am having .... Gave me a custom build of the software for me to use and everything works ... Zero issues and yea I have a one off software but they are always willing to help they helped me for a week straight to make a one off version for me ... And I only paid $10 for the license... So fuck it ... It is so worth the time and maybe a few dollars to use forscan it is a game changer for ford's
I have the print out of the original codes plus there are new codes that seem to keep coming out. Just do one change at time until you feel comfortable. You can really personalize your ride.

I find it hilarious they’ll inflate the tires to 80 even though the spec max tire psi for duratracs is 65... I feel like over inflation is more of a liability that running them below cold max tire psi spec. But I’m no engineer lol

I find it hilarious they’ll inflate the tires to 80 even though the spec max tire psi for duratracs is 65... I feel like over inflation is more of a liability that running them below cold max tire psi spec. But I’m no engineer lol

Do you see that on your tires somewhere? Cause if you look up the specs on good years website it says 80

Also, my dealer said NO CAN DO when I asked them about lowering as well. Told me NO CAN DO when I asked about enabling the regen notification... I was like "what CAN you do then" :rolleyes:

Does Forscan only work with Windows program? I have MacBook but noticed I don't have the Windows program just Word.

Last edited:
Does Forscan only work with Windows program? I have MacBook but noticed I don't have the Windows program just Word.
This is correct only works on windows as far as i know

This is correct only works on windows as far as i know

Yes, iOS format (ie FORScan Lite) is "read-only" ...presently, you can change things only with a Windows-based computer.

You can always use Windows 10 virtual machines on the mac and you download them from the developer.microsoft.com webpage for VMware, Virtual Box, Hyper-V, or Parallels. One way to use the Mac without having to get a laptop. These VMs are good for about 30 days.

Or you can get the test IE virtual machines which are good for about 90 days:

I am a apply guy, so I went online to Best Buy got the cheapest lap top so I could forscan

I am a apply guy, so I went online to Best Buy got the cheapest lap top so I could forscan

Could of downloaded windows 10 for free (you don’t need to activate it) then used boot camp to install it on your MacBook. Would of saved the money.

Latest Discussions

Back