Lost key

Has anyone lost a key fob yet or am I the first? And is Ford parts/service the only way to get a new fob reprogrammed and recut the key??
Pretty sure to get the key cut you will need to go to a dealer. To get a fob programed, you can drop them into the programming slot in the center console.

Pretty sure to get the key cut you will need to go to a dealer. To get a fob programed, you can drop them into the programming slot in the center console.

Can you post a picture of the programming slot you refer to? I looked at my console and I do not see such a thing.

Can you post a picture of the programming slot you refer to? I looked at my console and I do not see such a thing.
1617729622502.png

I am at work so I can't get a pic (truck is at home) this is the owners manual....

rch313, I thought the 'My Key' was only for setting certain parameters like max speed for your teenager. If you lose a fob I thought the dealer had to program it for your VIN.

In Europe the pro thieves have an expensive fob programmer ($4000+) specific to a make. They find an expensive ride they want that is street parked, not unusual in London, and go to the dealer for a spare unprogrammed fob. Then they just break the window, hook up their programmer to the OBD, program the new fob, and drive it straight to a container for shipment to E Europe, the Middle East, or Africa. Done deal in about 45 seconds. They don't care that the alarm is blaring at 0200 because they know nobody will confront them and the cops won't show up for yonks.

rch313, I thought the 'My Key' was only for setting certain parameters like max speed for your teenager. If you lose a fob I thought the dealer had to program it for your VIN.

In Europe the pro thieves have an expensive fob programmer ($4000+) specific to a make. They find an expensive ride they want that is street parked, not unusual in London, and go to the dealer for a spare unprogrammed fob. Then they just break the window, hook up their programmer to the OBD, program the new fob, and drive it straight to a container for shipment to E Europe, the Middle East, or Africa. Done deal in about 45 seconds. They don't care that the alarm is blaring at 0200 because they know nobody will confront them and the cops won't show up for yonks.

Saw a YouTube video where they were saying it could program a new (additional) fob, you would need all of the fobs to program at the same time. Since it was a YouTube video it would not surprise me if it is only partially correct.

That programming slot is awesome! Never knew about that one!

Like always everyone on here is awesome and very helpful. Thanks guys great place to share information

Back