Loose steering/drifting - and hard right pull on breaking

GreyGoat

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
USN - RET
Current Ride
2020 F350 TREMOR
This has only happened 2 times in my Tremor. Once with stock tires and once with my True 35's (yesterday). Both times I am driving at highway speeds-ish (SOCAL - San Diego) so 70-85 is generally normal speed, but I generally just cruise at 70 until I gotta pass. For the second time in the year I have owned the truck the the front end feels like it is drifting after I pass a car (generally increased speed to 75-80). Both times this as happened the bottom falls out the bottom of my stomach, the handling eventually goes back to a normal feeling. This does not feel what I believe the death wobble to be (Super duty owner over 20 years - never death wobble) from what I have seen on the you tube.

I just had my first oil change and the tires rotated and the dealer put the pressure to stock - I think it ran/felt better when I dropped the PSI about 8-10 of what OEM states - since I am using aftermarket tires and wheels.

Also, when I have to get on the breaks, the truck pulls hard to the right front. - I am not sure what to do with this.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:
That is not the "death wobble" but sounds like a front brake is not functioning properly.

not sure on your high speed "sway condition" these trucks are not the ultimate handling machines.

I run my tires like you do, I don't need them that pumped up ( better ride) there could be some slight side wall movement but I highly doubt that.

Some of the larger freeways have significant crowns that can cause pulling under hard braking. You've owned SFA trucks for 20 years though, so if it doesn't feel right it's probably not.

Just came back off vacation in Flagstaff (from San Diego). Lowering the PSI in the front tires 5psi made (8psi rear) all the difference in the world with the after market tires I have. FORD put all the PSI to stock after the oil change and tire rotation.

As for the brakes - I did not notice any of that the hard right pulling to the right for entire trip to the Grand Canyon, Meteor Crater, BearZona and and Phoenix to pick up a dump trailer, all in total just over 1600 miles of driving (17.1 mpg 35X12.50 - everything else stock).

Also, for my statement of owning SD for over 20 years my previous dually and single axle fords have always been stock, but I will check on that TSB for the break calipers, since my truck is a Mar (or Apr) 2020 build.

Thanks for everyones input.

Last edited:
Back