Looking for suggestions: Reputable dealer and off road shops in NV

GreyBeard22

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Lariat Tremor 6.7L
Current Ride #2
2023 Indian Pursuit Dark Horse
Moving to Southern Nevada in about 100 days!

Checking my check lists of things to do, arrange and figure out and hoping for some insights from some locals. We will be in the NorthWest part of Las Vegas, Centennial Hills I believe is the area. I think within an hour of there would include Henderson, Summerlin areas as well.

What’s the best suggestion for a Ford dealer for warranty (if needed) AND any reputable off road shops or any experience you care to share with ORW chain for if (when!) I get in over my head on upgrades?

While we’re at it, any suggestions for anything that will help us assimilate will be appreciated!

Thanks a bunch in advance!!

Yeah... don't tell anyone you're from CA and remember why you left when you vote.;)

CAmeme.jpg

Last edited:
Check out Gaudin Ford. My friend bought a Saleen from them and the experience was fantastic. Mind you that was a few years back.

I’ve been using Gaudin Ford (215/rainbow), seems to be reputable so far. As far as aftermarket not too sure.

Yeah... don't tell anyone you're from CA and remember why you left when you vote.;)

View attachment 44283
I want to come up with a smart ass remark, but you’re absolutely right. I’m being pushed out of my state by the type of person who does exactly what you’re referencing. I’m changing my plates or removing them before I park in front of the new house for that exact reason.

Thanks for the suggestion of Gaudin, I’ll check them out.

Anyone else?

Moving to Southern Nevada in about 100 days!

Checking my check lists of things to do, arrange and figure out and hoping for some insights from some locals. We will be in the NorthWest part of Las Vegas, Centennial Hills I believe is the area. I think within an hour of there would include Henderson, Summerlin areas as well.

What’s the best suggestion for a Ford dealer for warranty (if needed) AND any reputable off road shops or any experience you care to share with ORW chain for if (when!) I get in over my head on upgrades?

While we’re at it, any suggestions for anything that will help us assimilate will be appreciated!

Thanks a bunch in advance!!
looks like we are going to be neighbors. I am in the same area. For ford specific maintenance (dealership) I would only recommend Team Ford. It is close-by and the diesel mechanic is the number one certified mechanic in Nevada. I have gotten to know him pretty well and he helped me on a major F-150 eco-boost problem. Regional recommended a buy-back of the truck but somewhere in the routing, corporate denied it since it was certified pre-owned. It was in the shop 16 times in 6 months for powertrain problems.

The dealership bought me out and I picked up my first F-250 from a buddy. The mechanic at no-charge, scrubbed the entire vehicle. Re-tightened any lose bolts and checked for any worn parts etc... I am not talking the bullshit 19-pt inspection stuff. He did a thorough review and suggested which ford parts to mod. Years later, I moved out of state had a turbo intercooler pipe blow up on me. I texted him and sent pics and he walked me through the repair process. Now that I am back, he is the reason I go back. As far as off-road shops I am not sure.

looks like we are going to be neighbors. I am in the same area. For ford specific maintenance (dealership) I would only recommend Team Ford. It is close-by and the diesel mechanic is the number one certified mechanic in Nevada. I have gotten to know him pretty well and he helped me on a major F-150 eco-boost problem. Regional recommended a buy-back of the truck but somewhere in the routing, corporate denied it since it was certified pre-owned. It was in the shop 16 times in 6 months for powertrain problems.

The dealership bought me out and I picked up my first F-250 from a buddy. The mechanic at no-charge, scrubbed the entire vehicle. Re-tightened any lose bolts and checked for any worn parts etc... I am not talking the bullshit 19-pt inspection stuff. He did a thorough review and suggested which ford parts to mod. Years later, I moved out of state had a turbo intercooler pipe blow up on me. I texted him and sent pics and he walked me through the repair process. Now that I am back, he is the reason I go back. As far as off-road shops I am not sure.
This is an awesome recommendation, thanks Camo! Might have to meet up at the dealer sometime and talk trucks with the mechanic

This is an awesome recommendation, thanks Camo! Might have to meet up at the dealer sometime and talk trucks with the mechanic
I'm down for that. Let me know if you need help getting settled and welcome to vegas. Lots of good outdoor stuff near/around the area.

Stay away from Gaudin. The most unprofessional dealership I have ever worked with. I live in the area you are moving to. Team is in the area but I have never dealt with them for service, ordered my Tremor from them at first at MSRP and found out about Granger the next day and they were more than understanding when I canceled my order. For service the only one I have used has been Friendly and no issues there. I have bought from Friendly and Country and both are "dealerships" you have to barter to get the best deal.

I'm down for that. Let me know if you need help getting settled and welcome to vegas. Lots of good outdoor stuff near/around the area.
Is your Tremor white? I see one almost every day on Craig for the last month or so.

Sounds like Team, Friendly, and Country are the ones to consider….

And it sounds like there’s more than a few folks in the area as well!

Battle Born Offroad is who I have used for some years now. Trevor Mills is my contact over there if you are interested. really great company and fantastic customer service. He helped me with my 4runner build and is now helping me with my tremor build.

Random question for the Vegas Locals… seems like i see the use of “Battle Born” quite frequently, seems like when its in reference to an establishment or group from Vegas… is “Battle Born” a thing? Or am i just connecting things that don’t relate in my head?

Random question for the Vegas Locals… seems like i see the use of “Battle Born” quite frequently, seems like when its in reference to an establishment or group from Vegas… is “Battle Born” a thing? Or am i just connecting things that don’t relate in my head?
And I should have just googled it, and found some new history!

Interesting origin of the state motto/slogan, etc. very cool

And I should have just googled it, and found some new history!

Interesting origin of the state motto/slogan, etc. very cool
well after this I did some digging and learned something new!

Is your Tremor white? I see one almost every day on Craig for the last month or so.
I’m waiting on my tremor to arrive. Haven’t seen the white one, just a gray one off of Durango. I generally avoid Craig given the speed (or lack thereof) of traffic. Lol

welcome to town. Use team ford in Henderson and aftermarket hq.

I want to come up with a smart ass remark, but you’re absolutely right. I’m being pushed out of my state by the type of person who does exactly what you’re referencing. I’m changing my plates or removing them before I park in front of the new house for that exact reason.

Thanks for the suggestion of Gaudin, I’ll check them out.

Anyone else?

Probably something to revisit later but maybe a Tremor gathering in the LV area could be arranged this summer!

Thanks everyone for chiming in! Really appreciate the inputs!

Back