JRHII

Tremor Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
6.7 F350 Tremor Black
Current Ride #2
Roush Stage 3 Muatang - track car
I just installed a locking receiver hitch on my Tremor. The unit is from BOLT (Boltlock.com). I was told by my trailer maintenance folks that no one made a locking hitch lock. But BOLT does. It uses the truck key to set the lock so you always have the key with you! I did need to reach to BoltLock to ask about my f350 and they sent me a special extra length pin for the lock. In all, it took about 3 seconds to install and I really like the additional security.

Boltlock.jpg

How does that work with the push button start keys? Just pull it out of the fob and push it into the lock? Whats the part number?

Yes ... just remove the key from the fob and insert it. You need the ford side cut key model. model #70223585. Send an email to Crystal Wiken <[email protected]> and they will send you a longer pin for the f250/350 trucks. I ordered from amazon and i received the exttra lenght pin the day following the amazon delivery.

20200410_073812.jpg

I use these as well, very convenient. I use two, one for the receiver hitch and one for my adjustable hitch ball. I've used them for the past 5 years on other trucks and have never had an issue. Just make sure you order the correct one as they are vehicle specific.

You can use a hitch coupler lock, it is a U-shaped locking device that fits over the tongue coupler. It helps prevent another vehicle from attaching to your trailer.
Also, certain hitch coupler lock models help keep the wheels of your trailer from moving.

Last edited:
I keep hoping a company (especially BulletProof Hitches) comes out with a locking pin for the 3” receiver that includes a hole for a cotter pin as well. I want the lock to be for security but don’t want to depend on it as the sole thing from keeping the pin from sliding out when trailering.

A big grade 8 bolt and tighten the crap out of the bolt and nut with the proper wrench. Unless somebody has two 15/16 wrenches, they aren't getting it off.

Last edited:
Back