Locking Hitch Pins?

I have the bulletproof locking pin and after only 3 uses with a 30' Travel Trailer I was almost not able to get it off. I swap between a Curt WD hitch when pulling the TT and a B&W 7" stow and tow. I was able to get it off finally and while off it takes alot to get the key to turn enough to unlock it, im afraid it will end up bending the key. Also noticed the pin is already slightly bowed as well...I will reach out to them for a swap as it has a lifetime warranty, but I have to admit I dont quite trust I will be able to get the thing off one day. I might look at another option.

1663172971184.png

Mine's a 2.5" receiver but w the silicone cover on and the lock flipped around like in the pic, it holds everything in place.

Also, hammer locks are the new truck nuts.

AMPLock appear to be robust and offers keyed alike locks for your receiver and trailer coupling/ fifth wheel/ Gooseneck, etc.

I have the AMPLock coupler lock for storage. Thing's a beast. I use it w/a Paclock hidden-shackle coupler latch lock and I'm confident there's no way that thing is coming off without some serious cutting time.

View attachment 60864

Mine's a 2.5" receiver but w the silicone cover on and the lock flipped around like in the pic, it holds everything in place.

Also, hammer locks are the new truck nuts.

I have the AMPLock coupler lock for storage. Thing's a beast. I use it w/a Paclock hidden-shackle coupler latch lock and I'm confident there's no way that thing is coming off without some serious cutting time.

hahaha very true! My wife referred to mine as nipple rings....sigh.

Back