HOT! Ford Diesel Locking Fuel and DEF Caps

Interested?

• Yes!

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
If someone can do some recon for me, two things:

1: Is the back of the hinged fuel door plastic? Is this what it looks like? (Ignore yellow annotation; found on another forum)
fuel_door_tab_4b3666246ea90b977ca7bd684a99ef60b59b2c7e.jpg

2: Are the filler neck threads for all current trucks always in the same location, or is there some variance. Another way to describe this would be: would the cap letters always be horizontal assuming there was no ratcheting click mechanism? Meaning if you took the caps from one truck and put on another, they would end up in the same spot when fully tightened?

Last edited:
I'm in. The would need to be made of metal of some sort. Let me know the $$$
First post indicates metal (anodizing). Without having a truck in front of me, not sure if it will work or not; more reason why I need the truck scheduled asap. ?

I’m interested as well. Here’s a pic of my 2021 F350 6.7 XLT (long bed/non Tremor). Pretty sure there is no metal of any kind in the door skin/back/or hinge - all plastic or rubber seal.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone take a pic of inside the filling area with both caps removed?

A tape measure showing the center to center of each filler neck would also be great! :)

I'm somewhat interested myself. I was just thinking of buying a cam lock and rigging something up with the existing fuel door. The threat level around my parts is extremely low, so leaving everything plastic is acceptable to me. The cam lock will be keyed to a key I already have, so it won't add to my collection of keys.

What I would REALLY like to see is a locking fuel door that you can't just unscrew with a screwdriver. The current ones on the market are just too silly like that. It can be fixed as simply as having the door be large enough to cover the bolts. At least they got it right by using a standard cam lock design so I can swap it out with my own.

As for @BroncoHooves design, I like the simple idea, as long as the lock mechanism isn't a simple wafer design. The cam lock I mentioned before is a Medeco cylinder. Yeah I know it's probably way overkill, but I'm a lock geek that way.

Nice. Can you do something to the spinning locking thing so the Seattle Degenerates can't put a crescent wrench on the locking thing and just force it to turn?
Shouldn't be able to once I know the dimensions and have a truck delivered to me.

There's also another way of going about this but the beautiful aesthetics would go out the window, but may be simpler to manufacture since the OEM caps wouldn't need tossed. A clamshell piano hinge box that completely obscures the caps from view with a more normal style cam lock.

Shouldn't be able to once I know the dimensions and have a truck delivered to me.

There's also another way of going about this but the beautiful aesthetics would go out the window, but may be simpler to manufacture since the OEM caps wouldn't need tossed. A clamshell piano hinge box that completely obscures the caps from view with a more normal style cam lock.

I like this idea way more than the other one. And it really is simple since I can easily visualize it despite your vague description.

Awesome! Thank you! Question, is the black outer 'donut' ring made of plastic or metal in this pic? :)

Y7G2LqA.png

The diesel filler neck is made of steel. The filler neck and cap for the DEF side is completely plastic. Keep in mind that the cap almost completely covers the DEF filler neck. There's enough of a gap at the base where a locking bar can fit inside, though.

The diesel filler neck is made of steel. The filler neck and cap for the DEF side is completely plastic. Keep in mind that the cap almost completely covers the DEF filler neck. There's enough of a gap at the base where a locking bar can fit inside, though.
Without being able to find a better pic on Google, best image I could find, except a single tubular style cam lock and hinge pin obscured.

ak9e0WC.jpg

Back