Local dealer games

dptj2003

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2023 F-250 Tremor
I have a 23 on order, but called a local dealer that had 2 F250 7.3 Tremors on the lot, out of curiosity. They said they're asking 15k over sticker...and they're about maxed out on options as it is, so the sticker is already over 80k. We have another car we purchased from there in the past, so he said since I'm a repeat customer, he'd ask mgmt to split the difference on the markup. SMH. The effin games they play...really takes the wind out of my sails when trying to get excited about the truck.

I'm curious how price of the truck with a "split" markup compares to the price of the '23? When I did an initial build/price on a '23 spec'd as close as possible to my '22 MSRP was somewhere around $8k higher if I recall...

Not saying it's justified, but from an out of pocket cost it may come down to which truck you like more...

I have a 23 on order, but called a local dealer that had 2 F250 7.3 Tremors on the lot, out of curiosity. They said they're asking 15k over sticker...and they're about maxed out on options as it is, so the sticker is already over 80k. We have another car we purchased from there in the past, so he said since I'm a repeat customer, he'd ask mgmt to split the difference on the markup. SMH. The effin games they play...really takes the wind out of my sails when trying to get excited about the truck.
The games do suck but with that high of markup I would look elsewhere unless they have exactly what you want. My success of dealing over the phone has been poor, it seems they are more willing to play ball in person. With that high of markup I wouldn’t get your hopes up on getting a more reasonable price.

No one is asking over MSRP here, central Texas. No way I would pay over MSRP.

No one is asking over MSRP here, central Texas. No way I would pay over MSRP.
And central Texas is where demand and prices were always on the higher end of the spectrum. No dealer should be asking over MSRP right now on a previous year model in the current market.

Look around, there are deals to be had. This Texas dealer (Bill Flick?) on FB has been listing new trucks 1.5K below MSRP for over a month now.
871ECA0C-C2E8-478D-A51C-700E31F799C3.jpeg

When I was looking around (Dec 2022) dealer worked me numbers on a 2022 Tremor that was at X-plan price. None of their trucks had any ADM.

I wouldn’t pay over msrp. Sales are slowing down, no one around me is price gouging Aka adjusted dealer markup anymore.

The only only over msrp I see are used.

NorCal dealers all SUCK. Doesn’t matter the brand, Toyota dealers listing new tundras 10k over, Ford dealers doubling the price of the maverick, asking 8k over on the fugly ranger, and 15-20k over on SD’s.

They are all heartless scammers and only care about how much they can take you for. Walk away, go out of state, do anything but pay over msrp. Bunch of greedy sobs and they think we wont remember who they were and what they did when the market goes the other direction.

Free market at work. They'll do it until people stop paying mark up. Can't really blame them for trying to make a buck.
FACTS! Quit paying over Msrp for anything! What is wrong with people now days? Seem’s to be not much common sense left these days! 🤦‍♂️ While you’re at it go buy house for 750k when you coulda have had for 520k!

Getting a good deal from a local dealer is no longer a necessity, Tesla demonstrated dealers are not necessary to sell vehicles and Ford is following suit, pushing custom orders over retail lot purchases. If you do a little research online have a little patience you can still get a good deal. Ordered mine half way across the country with Granger Ford (IA), way below MSRP, at invoice +$1500. When your vehicle arrives at the dealer, you can either fly in (dealer will pick you up at the airport) and drive it home, or have it shipped, either way, well worth the cost savings.

I am so glad I bought one of the first Tremors, I have a Loaded Lariat Ultimate 6.7 and I paid 73K...its minus sunroof and adaptive cruise. Sooo happy I pulled the trigger back then......

The only only over msrp I see are used.
Same. That's the only reason I even considered ordering new in '21. Used were crazy expensive for lesser models and a lot were in pretty rough shape. So I got a nicer truck a grand under MSRP and the satisfaction of knowing no one else's boogers were under the seat.

If I said it once I said it a thousand times shit bag dealers like that need to be black balled problem is there’s to many entitled rich asshats out there that pay the gouging price because they don’t care about wasting money enabling the scumbag dealers, I for one will travel to get a fair deal just on principle alone

NorCal dealers all SUCK. Doesn’t matter the brand, Toyota dealers listing new tundras 10k over, Ford dealers doubling the price of the maverick, asking 8k over on the fugly ranger, and 15-20k over on SD’s.

They are all heartless scammers and only care about how much they can take you for. Walk away, go out of state, do anything but pay over msrp. Bunch of greedy sobs and they think we wont remember who they were and what they did when the market goes the other direction.
I shopped Folsum before I ordered my truck, they wanted too much and didnt want to deal. I was all over the area to a LOT of dealers. When I told many of the dealers I wanted to be right around MSRP out the door many just said there was no way it was going to happen, I would never get that price. Did go back to Folsum a second time, they got a f250 in bluejeans that was not a tremor but had the 7.3 and we did an extended test drive, it was the closest we got to what I wanted to order on a lot anywhere. Asked the guy before I left that day if they were ready to do my deal, they again told me it would never happen. I walked.

Shopped all over, ended up at Elk Grove Ford not to far down the road. They won in the end, purchased a loaded Ranger they had on the showroom floor that was chili pepper red they had set up as a camping scene, which we negotiated spur of the moment and got it for less than sticker out the door with tax and license, paid cash for that one. Same visit, special ordered my tremor. Got the ranger / ordered the tremor February 15th 2020 right when covid was starting. Took delivery on March 28th, it was super fast. Truck was built just a few days before the first covid shutdown at the factory. Dealership was great all around, even got back over there and they installed my winch when they became available.

So far I have not seen any report of them screwing people out of their special orders, we will be going back to them for a bronco for my wife at some point in the not too distant future.

Other dealers called me for a few months after I ordered from Elk Grove. I will say it gave me a HUGE amount of satisfaction telling them that I got the price I wanted and purchased two trucks from another dealer.

Back