Limited Grill

Tremor20

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 XLT Tremor
Picked this up today , hella cheap . You guy's think I should do paint to match ?
PXL_20201201_011312984.jpg

Guess it depends on the look you’re trying to achieve.....subdued or blacked out, paint match. If you want a little contrast, leave it! Good luck!

Paint it black, satin black...or not.

Paint it to match the body.

If your truck has the Lariat black package, I would match the black color. Otherwise, I would install it as is.

I think white would look odd as it is not a normal color for a front grille.

I think body color. White looks good. I have seen a few, dare I say, Chevrolet's with white grills. You would be different!

Maybe @Bmhtremor is right, you should go OXFORD WHITE! There is no better color! It is in fact your only option!

I want a "limited" grill like the one pictured by the OP. I thought only duallies came with that style of bumper. I want to do color match to my Star White Tremor. Does Ford make this style grill in a painted version?

I want a "limited" grill like the one pictured by the OP. I thought only duallies came with that style of bumper. I want to do color match to my Star White Tremor. Does Ford make this style grill in a painted version?

Ford does not offer different colors that I have seen, but you can get a body shop to paint it any color you want. There is another member on here who had his painted Red to match his truck.

I want one too ..

I suppose it depends on the look you're going for....subdued or blacked out, paint match, etc. Leave it if you want a little distinction! Best of luck!
Thank you, I was going by what the man said. I didn't conduct a lot of investigation into it.
I'd want a "restricted" grill like the one in the OP's photo. That type of bumper was considered to be exclusive to duallies. I'd want to match the colour of my Star White Tremor. Is there a painted version of this grill available from Ford?
Don't think there are any painted grilles or painted bumpers available from Ford. However, Ford is building 2022 Lariat's with the Sport Appearance Package that have both painted grilles and painted bumpers...but finding one on a rear end total with no front end damage in a salvage yard would be almost impossible. On top of that, most salvage yards won't discuss color of body parts on the phone.

Picked this up today , hella cheap . You guy's think I should do paint to match ? View attachment 10347

IMO, if truck has chrome bumpers, paint the grille the body color, would certainly be different and look good. If your truck has painted bumpers, I would keep it chrome.....or if your truck is Lariat with Black Appearance Package (BAP), I would paint it Agate Black.

Another option would be to leave the grille chrome...but paint the black corner pieces the body color. If you have the grille painted Agate Black, you would still have the option of painting the black corner pieces the body color. This option would most definitely be different.....and somewhat unique.

Years ago, I had an 2002 F350 Lariat - solid Oxford White and had the two horizontal bars and the two corner honeycombs on the grille painted Oxford White, leaving the surround in chrome. It looked great. Occasionally I would see a few trucks with that custom touch, but it was not overly common. Actually liked the look of that grille better than the full chrome grille in a later owned 2006 F350 Lariat truck.

Latest Discussions

Back