Light bar mounts

Mine's a '21. Scoop still has to come out, right?
Yes unless you can find a way to fit to the the nuts I could not unless the scoop is removed. Then with the light installed there is no way to reinstall the 2 bolts to reinstall the scoop because those have to be removed from the front side of the bumper. Plus I feel like leaving the scoop will make a place for mud to get stuck. So remove the scoop and 2 of the push clips that hold a wire harness that arw clipped to the scoop and reattach them to the metal rib. Then remove two of the trim fasteners on the upper lip of the bumper and the bolts for the light mount fit perfectly in the predrilled holes

Mine's a '21. Scoop still has to come out, right?

I left the scoop in but it is really tight to access with it in, not sure it is necessary to keep it on but it can be done. I also put the 4 rear cube lights on another upfitter, mounted behind the running boards and on either side of the hitch. you can sort of see them in this pic where I was messing around with the sway bar off. They are awesome hooking/unhooking the camper at night.

Attachments

• 20210312_163907.jpg
    20210312_163907.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 191
I left the scoop in but it is really tight to access with it in, not sure it is necessary to keep it on but it can be done. I also put the 4 rear cube lights on another upfitter, mounted behind the running boards and on either side of the hitch. you can sort of see them in this pic where I was messing around with the sway bar off. They are awesome hooking/unhooking the camper at night.
Can you get a close up of how you mounted behind the running boards

Head lights vs lightbar
Which light bar is that? It's hard to tell from the angle of the pic but it looks to have amazing peripheral coverage! How do you feel about ditch coverage and deer spotting with your setup? I may end up repurposing my ditch lights in favor of a front bar.

Which light bar is that? It's hard to tell from the angle of the pic but it looks to have amazing peripheral coverage! How do you feel about ditch coverage and deer spotting with your setup? I may end up repurposing my ditch lights in favor of a front bar.
It's just qn amazon China mart nitelite. But I was really surprised at the 180 coverage. And I uave never had an issue with them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210416-145118_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210416-145118_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 73
It's just qn amazon China mart nitelite. But I was really surprised at the 180 coverage. And I uave never had an issue with them.
Awesome, thanks. I bought a cheap pair of Nilights for my camper a while back and they've held up much better than expected!

Here is the back side.
The term "scoop" is it this bottom plastic piece? I ordered same lightbar as thevol.

My first post as I just ordered 2022 F250 Tremor with 7.3.

Attachments

• 20210416_171642.jpg
    20210416_171642.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 102
How was it with the sway bar off? My buddy took off the sway bar on his Raptor. He had to warn folks that they wouldn’t roll over.

How was it with the sway bar off? My buddy took off the sway bar on his Raptor. He had to warn folks that they wouldn’t roll over.

I didnt drive it on the road much and wouldnt recommend it, even though it seemed fine. You can try it yourself with an impact drill and about 30 sec to take nuts off. Wish I had a better place to test it as I think it was flexing pretty good, couldnt get wheel off ground.

Vol, Justin, and others - I'm super confused right now. I ordered the 20" light bar. Just went out to play with the install only to realize it doesn't fit. My opening is only 17" wide. '21 Lariat Ultimate with adaptive cruise. Possible my winch opening is smaller?

Latest Discussions

Back