Light bar mounts

I mounted mine directly to the middle bumper bolts so they didn't sit too low.
Just get the saws all out boys!
DF631623-AB57-48CF-8404-94D7C4B48BC3.jpeg
6D146AFC-C36F-4EE3-82AA-2C35A043D652.jpeg

Any chance you can set the light bar on the bumper and take a few pics?

Not sure I like the way it fits and how close it is...also it's looks like it has a hard on sticking out the way it does...I gonna return brackets and order Zroadz one

Attachments

• PXL_20201002_192954247.jpg
    PXL_20201002_192954247.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 422
  • PXL_20201002_192941429.jpg
    PXL_20201002_192941429.jpg
    526.2 KB · Views: 419
  • PXL_20201002_192935060.jpg
    PXL_20201002_192935060.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 422
Thanks for the pics. I was planning on installing the winch at some point so I was thinking of mounting this light bar on top of the bumper. Have you considered that?

FYI for anyone getting the ZROADZ 30” front bumper light, the brackets will work but the light bar sticks out way too far and looks like sh*t. The 2020 must be slightly different than previous years. I did some modifications to the brackets and now the light bar is all the way against the grill. I did drill and bolt directly into the bumper (it’s just an old work truck). I can barely see a slight shadow with the 360 overhead view camera. I lost about 1/4” view of the front facing camera. Overall I am happy with it and it is bright as hell!! (See before and after pic of front facing camera). The rear ZROADZ do mount correctly on the 2020. I will post pics of those when my correct bracket gets here tomorrow.
What bar are you running ? I have the baja onx6 arc dual control 30" that I'm thinking of mounting the same way but, it appears I might have to trim the grille and would really rather not

What bar are you running ? I have the baja onx6 arc dual control 30" that I'm thinking of mounting the same way but, it appears I might have to trim the grille and would really rather not

Sorry to be a PIA Runner 799, but will you set that light bar on top of the bumper and take a few pics? I'm just trying to get a visual of what it looks like.

Not sure if I posted this question before but has anybody else Thought about mounting flush mount light pods under the led fog laps in that black void? Or is it just me?
I am looking into the Baja flush mount Sport or Pro Drive and defused light combo ...

All good, no obstructions at all.

yes it did come with brackets but I opted to make my own in order to have the light Closer to the grill and more burglar proof .

Did you have to remove the bumper to install this?

I’m really wanting to add a 40 inch bar there but am worried about how much work it’s gonna be.

I have the 30" Zroadz front bumper light bar.

Any photos of installation and close up of bracket kit ?

At the time, the website I ordered my lightbar from said the 30" Zroadz fit the 2020 year model. In my best Donald Trump voice, "WRONG." The brackets did not align with the bumper mounting bolts. I eventually got it to work, but the light stood way too far off the grill. I cut away a section off the brackets and drilled straight into the top of the bumper. I cringed a little bit, but a replacement bumper pad is around $25-$30 if I ever decide to remove the light. I added a picture of the section I removed (in orange). I cut along the red lines and drilled a hole where the blue circle is. It was a bitch to reach the inside of the bumper to place the nut. I bought some long reach needle nose pliers. Thank goodness I haven't purchased a winch to yet lol. The light bar kit comes with extra L-shaped brackets that can be used instead of modifying the other ones. However, they are lighter duty and I wanted more theft protection. If I had to do it all over again, I would make my own brackets and have them powder coated. Sorry for the delay in answering. If you need any more info let me know.

light.PNG

hvhjnj.jpg
bnmgh.jpg

I really like the LED bars but don't know about the location. I'm concerned with roof clearance when adding a truck camper, and blocking more airflow through the hood since I already have the winch blocking some. Leaning more towards the hood/A-pillar mounts.

Back