Light bar mounts

so the painted part of the grill has a lower segment that pops off. I plan to cut that to size and make end caps as to cover the bolt hole that holds the grill in place. The piece that has the grill, that you actually need to cut off, as to make enough room to push the light back in there. There are still some things I would like to do, to make it look right
1) Make those end caps
2) slide in some washers under the plastic that sits on top of the bumper, as those are hollow and when tightened up, the front side kind of springs up
3) Creating a 3D printed part as to make the grill land on the bar housing, as I chopped about 3/4" too much and they look like they are just floating; looks weird when close.

I like your powder coating idea as to make everything nice and black, so I might steal that one ;-)
Use it! I've got the black package...odd to have those brackets shining like that. 😄

I'll use your ideas too, esp not trimming too much. I really like that combo too. Looks great!

Hmm...perhaps I'll have the brackets fabricated to sit up just a tad, perhaps half an inch or so. That would fill in the space more symmetrically and perhaps help cooling. They'll have my truck three days doing Carli and such, so we will have time to confer on it and see what works.

Last edited:
so the painted part of the grill has a lower segment that pops off. I plan to cut that to size and make end caps as to cover the bolt hole that holds the grill in place. The piece that has the grill, that you actually need to cut off, as to make enough room to push the light back in there. There are still some things I would like to do, to make it look right
1) Make those end caps
2) slide in some washers under the plastic that sits on top of the bumper, as those are hollow and when tightened up, the front side kind of springs up
3) Creating a 3D printed part as to make the grill land on the bar housing, as I chopped about 3/4" too much and they look like they are just floating; looks weird when close.

I like your powder coating idea as to make everything nice and black, so I might steal that one ;-)
Can you post a picture of the piece that just pops off so we can get an idea of what pops off and what needs to be cut, and what you intend to cut off of the piece that pops off.
How much room between bottom of the light and top of the bumper pad?

Can you post a picture of the piece that just pops off so we can get an idea of what pops off and what needs to be cut, and what you intend to cut off of the piece that pops off.
The 49 second mark does a good job of showing how it pops off and they show the area that needs trimmed. This is a 2020, but I don't think anything is different since then with the grill.

Use it! I've got the black package...odd to have those brackets shining like that. 😄

I'll use your ideas too, esp not trimming too much. I really like that combo too. Looks great!

Hmm...perhaps I'll have the brackets fabricated to sit up just a tad, perhaps half an inch or so. That would fill in the space more symmetrically and perhaps help cooling. They'll have my truck three days doing Carli and such, so we will have time to confer on it and see what works.
The first two pics is the piece you cut off. The last two is the painted trim that pops off, and that used to clip on the piece that just got chopped off.

Attachments

• EA41D87D-8F89-4D8B-98FE-47CBCB732041.jpeg
    EA41D87D-8F89-4D8B-98FE-47CBCB732041.jpeg
    376.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 94B5E5FD-56AD-4FE3-BA34-834E54BCBF8B.jpeg
    94B5E5FD-56AD-4FE3-BA34-834E54BCBF8B.jpeg
    402.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 6C41EC2F-A9D9-4947-9708-8ABB54595076.jpeg
    6C41EC2F-A9D9-4947-9708-8ABB54595076.jpeg
    369.8 KB · Views: 50
  • DD7F562B-221C-4386-B466-C8FDC64218C4.jpeg
    DD7F562B-221C-4386-B466-C8FDC64218C4.jpeg
    329.2 KB · Views: 51
google switchpros
I used a Switch Pros on the Raptor even with the factory Aux switches installed (I liked some of the programming features to turn things off and on). I'm planning to try an SPod on the next truck, I think the Spod has a lot going for it with the ground wire of accessories having a bus bar connection it makes for a very clean install. SwitchPro you have to run all the ground wires to something you come up with yourself or the battery, which depending on how many add-ons you have can make the top of the battery look crowded quickly.

@1:47 he shows the Switch Pros and talks about wires
@ 9:00 he removes cover of the Spod controller @ 9:11 you can see there is switch power and ground terminals for each output.

The first two pics is the piece you cut off. The last two is the painted trim that pops off, and that used to clip on the piece that just got chopped off.
Does trimming affect the stability of the grill in any way?

Cool, I can see you could trim those caps off and have a nicer finish to the ends.

Didnt measure that but maybe 1/2” or more like 3/8”. Enough to adjust the mount within the bracket limits.

Does trimming affect the stability of the grill in any way?

Cool, I can see you could trim those caps off and have a nicer finish to the ends.
Not really. That was my personal fear as I was not able to check too much prior to cuting, but the reality is those two end bolts really hold it tight.

I used a Switch Pros on the Raptor even with the factory Aux switches installed (I liked some of the programming features to turn things off and on). I'm planning to try an SPod on the next truck, I think the Spod has a lot going for it with the ground wire of accessories having a bus bar connection it makes for a very clean install. SwitchPro you have to run all the ground wires to something you come up with yourself or the battery, which depending on how many add-ons you have can make the top of the battery look crowded quickly.

@1:47 he shows the Switch Pros and talks about wires
@ 9:00 he removes cover of the Spod controller @ 9:11 you can see there is switch power and ground terminals for each output.
I’m going the opposite direction. I currently have an sPod Bantam with touch screen in my Land Cruiser. Ordered the Upfitters in my Tremor, but wanted addituonal programming features. Decided to try the SwitchPros RCR Force 12. Easy enough to run all grounds to a common stud like this: Fastronix 5/16" Single Stud Ground Junction Block https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HZU42Z...abc_DZBK738EMZQQJG0PWY0C?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Both are great solutions.

I’m going the opposite direction. I currently have an sPod Bantam with touch screen in my Land Cruiser. Ordered the Upfitters in my Tremor, but wanted addituonal programming features. Decided to try the SwitchPros RCR Force 12. Easy enough to run all grounds to a common stud like this: Fastronix 5/16" Single Stud Ground Junction Block https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HZU42Z...abc_DZBK738EMZQQJG0PWY0C?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Both are great solutions.
Super Duties already come with a common log on the battery (-) terminal. No real meed for an extra one.

If anyone is interested, I have 30" kits in stock for Rigid and 40" kits are going to be coming down the pipe very soon if you'd like to backorder. These kits fit the Rigid SR-RDS Series bars exclusively. A Rigid single row curved light bar:

30" Kit:
TR-0050_a.jpg

40" Kits:
C795CBD6-.jpg

Now that the stock status is improving, I'll be getting these added to our site soon. In the meantime, feel free to send me a PM if interested in either option.

Back